PDA

View Full Version : Log IN to the Past

n2ize
06-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Want to relive those days where yoou had an account on the DECSYSTEM 20 ? The PDP-11, Vax11 etc. Then you might like this site. Not only can you find info about these great systems or donate time, expertise and software but, you can actually request a login to the Vax, the PDP, and relive those precious moments when you explored the system for the first time.

http://www.livingcomputermuseum.org/default.aspx

N2RJ
06-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Interesting.

I am hoping I can get a VM or two for those old machines. I worked on some VAX systems back in the 90s used for phone billing. Yes, the phone company... the bottomless money pit!!!

KC2UGV
06-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Pretty slick, Slick :)

n2ize
06-08-2012, 06:25 AM
Interesting.

I am hoping I can get a VM or two for those old machines. I worked on some VAX systems back in the 90s used for phone billing. Yes, the phone company... the bottomless money pit!!!

In my college days microcomputers were just beginning and virtually ALL my computer world was done on the VAX 11 and the DECSYSTEM20 (i.e. the PDP-10 running the TOPS-20 operating system). . I also played around on the PDP-11 and a couple of Lisp machines, but my time on those systems was somewhat limited. Those were some fun times.

Yes, you can get VM's for most of those old systems. There are several floating around including some free ones I think.

KB3LAZ
06-08-2012, 06:55 AM
Lol, Im lost. I will go to the site and read the information so I can be clued in.

kf0rt
06-08-2012, 07:02 AM
In my college days microcomputers were just beginning and virtually ALL my computer world was done on the VAX 11 and the DECSYSTEM20 (i.e. the PDP-10 running the TOPS-20 operating system). . I also played around on the PDP-11 and a couple of Lisp machines, but my time on those systems was somewhat limited. Those were some fun times.

Yes, you can get VM's for most of those old systems. There are several floating around including some free ones I think.

Ever use an analog computer, John?