PDA

View Full Version : Oh Noooo's- this is a family disaster in the making!

ki4itv
06-06-2012, 10:08 AM
I've mentioned before how big a football fan (especially the Redskins) my XYL is...she knows stats, histories, all the plays, jumps up and down on the couch screaming obscenities at the coaches and referees, and if you actually walk in the room, you have just placed your life in serious danger. Hell, she even helped form another rec youth league in town so she could have her football during the spring and summer too.

AND NOW THIS??? The Redskins are coming to Richmond to do spring training?? Man, I don't know what I did to deserve this other than possibly being Attila the Hun in a past life.

This is probably one of the worst things that could possibly happen to our family ever, and that's saying a lot!

I'll miss her, but I guess at the least I'll know where she is.

http://http://www2.richmond.com/news/2012/mar/07/4/washington-redskins-moving-richmond-ar-1747612/ (http://www2.richmond.com/news/2012/mar/07/4/washington-redskins-moving-richmond-ar-1747612/)

What a disaster.

[/RANT]

...and thanks for letting me vent on your time folks....Geeezus, I can't believe this is happening to me.:wtf:

KK4AMI
06-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Practice with who? The Youth Rec League...I guess that will improve their season W-L record.

suddenseer
06-06-2012, 10:23 AM
At least she is not a Bengal's fan.

W3WN
06-06-2012, 10:29 AM
At least she is not a Bengal's fan.Or a Browns fan.

I think the population of Latrobe, PA, triples during the early weeks of the pre-season, once Steeler Camp opens.

suddenseer
06-06-2012, 10:33 AM
My sister is a rabid Steelers fan. We don't speak much to each other during footbawl season.

N8YX
06-06-2012, 10:53 AM
My sister is a rabid Steelers fan. We don't speak much to each other during footbawl season.
'DSG is a former PGH area native and a Steelers fan. Now I won't speak to Ron OR her any longer. :whistle:

W3WN
06-06-2012, 11:20 AM
'DSG is a former PGH area native and a Steelers fan. Now I won't speak to Ron OR her any longer. :whistle:I'm not a PGH native, nor am I a Steelers fan.

Just don't tell my mother-in-law that I still (very quietly & privately) root for the NJ Giants.

N8YX
06-06-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm not a PGH native, nor am I a Steelers fan.

Just don't tell my mother-in-law that I still (very quietly & privately) root for the NJ Giants.
Talk about your Hail Marys...!

ki4itv
06-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Practice with who? The Youth Rec League...I guess that will improve their season W-L record.

Hah!
She actually told our two sons that they had to be Redskins fans for no less than two years because it builds character. No sh*t.:lol:

KB3LAZ
06-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Oh dont get me started on football. Er fútbol. Er soccer. If Barcelona wins on the weekend I know because I cant sleep. It sounds like a rock concert mixed with cannons ringing in the background. Shit falling out of windows. Lol. Btw, did I ever mention, I hate sports (unless I am playing). I dont understand watching other people play a game. JMO.

ki4itv
06-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Ditto on the sports thing Travis.
The concept of sports fanaticism when watching total strangers is totally lost on me as well.
I mean I really don't get it, at all.
:chin:

KB3LAZ
06-06-2012, 12:41 PM
The concept of sports fanaticism when watching total strangers is totally lost on me as well.
:chin:

Yep. I can understand supporting your kids or grandchildren in the stand. Or even playing yourself...but anything else is just not my cup of tea.

PA5COR
06-06-2012, 01:36 PM
I don't watch sport nor am i a fan of anything, i'm only interested in my score after firing 40 rounds at a paper target and see if i can beat the next member that is in my way of the cup....

suddenseer
06-06-2012, 03:00 PM
:chin:Seeing beefcake guys with shoulder pads, and other equipment is every lady, and gay man's fantasy. Yes I like football. I played front 4 defense in high school. I loved to knock other guys to the ground. I did not look too bad in uniform either.

KØWVM
06-08-2012, 07:20 PM

Unless it's already been said, they were in Ashburn, PA. But, now going to Richmond... Interesting...

ad4mg
06-09-2012, 04:01 AM
Unless it's already been said, they were in Ashburn, PA. But, now going to Richmond... Interesting...

They followed the money. Millions in 'incentives' were provided the team. Virginia hasn't been the same since Wilder let the new stadium slip through his fingers into Maryland.

Funny, there really aren't any first rate facilities for them to practice in here. City Stadium (U of R) is OK, but just OK.

All this, and I'm a long time, die hard Redskins fan. I think it's nice of them to bring the source of much suffering so close to me... :roll:

W3WN
06-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Not exactly off topic, as it relates to the subject of the thread: True story...

But first, a trivia question: Of the four major-league level sports franchises that call Washington DC their home, which one does not actually play in DC? The answer, of course, is the currently under discussion Washington Redskins, who presently play at FedEx field in MD.

3 years ago, we noticed this several times as we were heading from the motel to the apartment the kids were staying in at the time, before they relocated to VA.

So, a few weeks later, the Nationals are up in Pittsburgh playing the Pirates for a weekend series. Little Miss Field Day gets herself on the Sunday game's "Baseball Quiz"... if she answers correctly, she wins a $200 team jacket.

Want to guess what the question was?

And she didn't remember. So there I am on the side, trying to signal her, but no...
So she gets the consolation prize... a Pirates ball cap. Like we don't have a zillion of those... or does she want to trade it in for the contents of The Box Of Mystery? She traded, got a signed shirt from one of the players. So it was a decent day for her after all.