PDA

View Full Version : Cinema thread

suddenseer
06-05-2012, 08:42 PM
i would like to revise a thread I started several years ago. Tonight, I saw the ORIGINAL version of METROPOLIS. About 8 years ago a full film version of this classic was discovered. The full film was 2:28. the remaining versions was missing an hour. This film is AWESOME!!!!!! The restored version of METROPOLIS deserves 5 stars. It depicts all of the weaknesesses of the human condition. it is available on Netflix streaming. Watch it....!!!!!!!

Any other film worth mentioning is appreciated.

KG4CGC
06-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Orlando
You just have to watch it.

suddenseer
06-05-2012, 09:08 PM
I will.

KC2UGV
06-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Where did you find it?

KG4CGC
06-06-2012, 01:51 AM
Where did you find it?

Who? What?
I was just on HBO about 15 years ago.

N7YA
06-06-2012, 03:09 AM
We just got back from the theatre....i have a report to make.

We watched Snow White and the Huntsman. But we didnt start out watching that one, we started out with The Avengers.

Turd.

The movie couldnt be more cookie cutter, more formulaic or predictable than it was. I was embarassed, so much so that we walked out 10 minutes in. I swear, the american moviegoing public is a bunch of meat heads as this movie is very popular. My wife leaned over to me in the first 5 minutes and said "this movie is going to suck", i told her that we should wait, give it a chance. Then when Morpheus landed in a helicopter, was met by the hot chick in the tight leather jumpsuit and the nervous scientist, and said "What are we up against", or some shit, i hoped it would get better. Then they all walked together, then he turned and said "Get me so and so!", i started to get a really bad feeling about it. Then when some guy rapelled into the scene with sunglasses on, i literally double facepalmed! We agreed, neither of us could take any more, and we walked out.

We noticed the Snow White movie would be starting in 5 minutes and gave it a shot. I must say, it wasnt bad at all. Of course, Charlize Theron was killer...the only problem was Kristen Stewart, she should stick with Twilight movies, but, she wasnt too bad in this. The ending was a bummer, but overall, it salvaged the evening for us.

N8YX
06-06-2012, 04:41 AM
Tonight, I saw the ORIGINAL version of METROPOLIS.
From the '83 version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epuUqdkO47w

Huge YES fan here. IMO, this and the Big Generator tracks were some of Anderson's finer works.

N7YA
06-06-2012, 05:11 AM
Im taking my son to see YES in august. Should be cool for him.

(ok, thats all the mememememe stuff im going to hijack with for tonight)

suddenseer
06-06-2012, 06:56 AM
Im taking my son to see YES in august. Should be cool for him.

(ok, thats all the mememememe stuff im going to hijack with for tonight)Yes should be cool for you, because you are almost a geezer like moi.

suddenseer
06-06-2012, 07:01 AM
From the '83 version:

Huge YES fan here. IMO, this and the Big Generator tracks were some of Anderson's finer works.Now that the original film has been restored, they will have to expand the soundtrack.

kb2vxa
06-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Metropolis... Isn't that where Superman leaped over the Los Angeles City Hall tower in a single bound? Look! Up in the sky! Is it a bird? Yeah... it's a bird... eeeccchhh.