PDA

View Full Version : Another hamisland bassplayer music share post.

ki4itv
06-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Kinda been hesitant to post some of my bands stuff here because many of you are pretty hard rockers, and I always felt our stuff is a little candy-assed for this venue, but here goes...

These are the latest original songs posted by my band (Tones)-the core is really 4 people, 2 guitars, bass and vocal.
We play mostly art galleries, charities, festivals, and benefits.
We're pretty much tree-hugging hippies... so cut us some slack for that, right?;)

The songs tend to be mellow and reflective, but I do hope you enjoy at least one of them.
Most are basically live takes in a living room, running direct through Cubase, the only real dubs are for the harmonies of the backing vocals, and Chest Wound has a speaking part inserted after the fact.
...and for you bass player types, I'm using the Fender Blacktop Jazz that has 2 precision pickups where the J's would normally reside. The bass is direct in, and mostly clean.

If you have a minute and a little curiosity.

Give us a whirl (http://www.reverbnation.com/uniquenativetones)

KB3LAZ
06-03-2012, 06:38 AM
Kinda been hesitant to post some of my bands stuff here because many of you are pretty hard rockers, and I always felt our stuff is a little candy-assed for this venue, but here goes...

These are the latest original songs posted by my band (Tones)-the core is really 4 people, 2 guitars, bass and vocal.
We play mostly art galleries, charities, festivals, and benefits.
We're pretty much tree-hugging hippies... so cut us some slack for that, right?;)

The songs tend to be mellow and reflective, but I do hope you enjoy at least one of them.
Most are basically live takes in a living room, running direct through Cubase, the only real dubs are for the harmonies of the backing vocals, and Chest Wound has a speaking part inserted after the fact.
...and for you bass player types, I'm using the Fender Blacktop Jazz that has 2 precision pickups where the J's would normally reside. The bass is direct in, and mostly clean.

If you have a minute and a little curiosity.

Does not peak my normal listening habits but it does touch base with some of the music I listen to infrequently. I enjoyed listening to it. I see there is a share on facebook link which I will utilize. A few of my friends will really enjoy your music. RCL particularly.

ki4itv
06-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Thank you for taking the time Travis. I really appreciate it...you're very kind.
...and thanks for thinking about the facebook stuff, that never hurts. :)

KB3LAZ
06-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Thank you for taking the time Travis. I really appreciate it...you're very kind.
...and thanks for thinking about the facebook stuff, that never hurts. :)

Ofc! I enjoy sharing talent with my friends and family when I find it, particularly when said talent comes from a friend.

KB3LAZ
06-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Added you to my news feed on FB. xD RSS or whatever FB calls them these days.

suddenseer
06-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Sweet! Awesome voice. Haunting melodies.

N7YA
06-04-2012, 07:43 AM
Trey, you never need to make an excuse for doing what you love, my friend!

I really liked it! I love celtic sounds, haunting melodies and breathy tones...very nice bass playing too. The ability to compliment, rather than dominate a song, is a well earned attribute. In rock, as you know, the bass player is either back of the bus holding it down, or in your face, searing it right off! But in this kind of music, the bassist must be a melody maker, thats what im hearing here.

My next project is going to be hardcore 70's funk...the old style! Im pretty rocked out, i need a new direction. Im also pretty burned on hip hop, playing it three nights a week for 4 sets. I love things that are musically out of the ordinary so i appreciate you for sharing this with us. Well done, sir! :clap:

suddenseer
06-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Trey, I saw your comment. There was only me, a cd player low freqs eq'ed down line in.

N1LAF
06-04-2012, 05:40 PM

Does that guitar have illegal rosewood? Do you have all the proper papers?
;)