PDA

View Full Version : Your San Diego Padres!

NQ6U
05-31-2012, 01:36 PM
.333! Worst record in baseball! Woo-hoo! We're #30!

The bastids...

W4GPL
05-31-2012, 01:39 PM
.327, you mofo's are beating my Rockies for the worst team in the league.. :wtf: JERK!

NQ6U
05-31-2012, 02:10 PM

You are correct, I was using old data that did not include yesterday's loss to the Cubbies.

you mofo's are beating my Rockies for the worst team in the league.. :wtf: JERK!

Like I said—"Woo-hoo! We're #30!" Eat our last-place dust, punk!

W4GPL
05-31-2012, 02:11 PM
We'll out stink you yet! Just wait and see!

NQ6U
05-31-2012, 02:13 PM
We'll out stink you yet! Just wait and see!

No way! We're even worse than the Twins this season.

W4GPL
05-31-2012, 02:15 PM
We're basically calling up half of the minor league.. when all else fails, panic.

When I heard we were keeping Jim Tracy as manager at the end of last season, I said on Twitter "well, that's one way to go." It ended up on the Denver Post scroll board outside of their office. :lol:

NQ6U
05-31-2012, 02:20 PM
It's weird. Over the past few years the Padres' farm system has consistently been rated as one of the best in baseball, yet the team still sucks. Maybe it's because the past few owners have been unwilling to pay out what it takes to put together a first-rate team? Ah, well, they're up for sale this year; that always results in a crappy season but maybe it will also lead to a new ownership willing to shell out a few bucks in order to make them at least competitive.

W3WN
05-31-2012, 03:08 PM
We're basically calling up half of the minor league.. when all else fails, panic.

When I heard we were keeping Jim Tracy as manager at the end of last season, I said on Twitter "well, that's one way to go." It ended up on the Denver Post scroll board outside of their office. :lol:And you can have him, with a side of Oriole's Bench Coach (nee Third Base Coach) Jim "Mr. Personality" Russell as well.

Pittsburgh will gladly hang onto Clint Hurdle, & thank you very much.

W3WN
05-31-2012, 03:09 PM
It's weird. Over the past few years the Padres' farm system has consistently been rated as one of the best in baseball, yet the team still sucks. Maybe it's because the past few owners have been willing to pay out what it takes to put together a first-rate team? Ah, well, they're up for sale this year; that always results in a crappy season but maybe it will also lead to a new ownership willing to shell out a few bucks in order to make them at least competitive.It's not so weird. I've seen it before. In fact, I've seen it for 18 of the last 20 years.

wa6mhz
05-31-2012, 04:45 PM
I SURE HOPE Chargers season gets here in a Hurry!!! COME ON AUGUST!!!!

NQ6U
06-01-2012, 01:49 PM
I SURE HOPE Chargers season gets here in a Hurry!!! COME ON AUGUST!!!!

Me too, and I don't even like football. But, hey, Padres fans have something to keep their interest—they're on track to lose 109 games this season! That would tie them for the worst season since 1969, their first year as a big-league team.

To quote Kevin Acee in in the San Diego Union-Tribune & Fishwrap: (http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/may/31/padres-109-loss-pace-keep-us-interested/?page=1#article) "I don’t mean to be trite when I say the Padres reaching an unprecedented level of bad is something to root for."

W4GPL
06-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Johan Santana pitches a no-hitter in the Mets' 8-0 win over the Cardinals. It's the first no-hitter in Mets history.

W3WN
06-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Johan Santana pitches a no-hitter in the Mets' 8-0 win over the Cardinals. It's the first no-hitter in Mets history.
More importantly, they beat the Cardinals.

NQ6U
06-03-2012, 08:44 PM

The Padres are still short a no-hitter (on their side, at least). No Padres player has ever hit for the Cycle, either.

NQ6U
07-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Huh, who would have thunk it—the Padres are closing the gap! They're only two games ahead of the Rockies in the battle for last place in the National League West. And how about that new guy, Yasmani Grandal? First day in the majors and the the kid hits two home runs. Of course, that's relatively easy to do at Coors Field but still, it's an accomplishment. Talk about setting people's expectations high, though; it's sort of like Michael Chabon winning the Pulitzer price with his first novel. What does one do for an encore after that? I sure hope Grandal doesn't succumb to the pressure.

W3WN
07-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Darn. I was hoping the Pirates could talk them out of a bat.