PDA

View Full Version : E-Cigarettes

n2ize
05-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Okay, I have finally decided to try an e-cigarette.They look interesting and I think it might be a great way to get an occaisional "smoke" in an environment where people dislike smoking. Plus, I have tried everything else. Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco, snuff , etc.

Can anyone suggest a decent quality refillable e-cig ? A local store sells disposable ones but I would like to get one that is rechargeable and reusable. Are there any good brands I should look for ? What about the "smoke stuff" ? I would like to try a flavourful yet very low nicotine variety.

Any suggestions would be quite grand.

N2RJ
05-30-2012, 07:44 PM
One of my coworkers smokes a reusable e-cigarette and he absolutely loves it. His wife also loves it because he doesn't smoke real cigarettes anymore. Not sure what brand he uses, but I will ask him next time I talk to him. They all are pretty much the sAme in that they use water vapor instead of smoke and still use real nicotine.

KG4CGC
05-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Cig 2 O

http://www.cig2o.com/

Available a finer tobacconists everywhere.

KC2UGV
05-31-2012, 07:33 AM
Okay, I have finally decided to try an e-cigarette.They look interesting and I think it might be a great way to get an occaisional "smoke" in an environment where people dislike smoking. Plus, I have tried everything else. Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco, snuff , etc.

Can anyone suggest a decent quality refillable e-cig ? A local store sells disposable ones but I would like to get one that is rechargeable and reusable. Are there any good brands I should look for ? What about the "smoke stuff" ? I would like to try a flavourful yet very low nicotine variety.

Any suggestions would be quite grand.

Well, I use an Ego-T, with a 510-808 adapter, so I can keep using the Cig2O cartridges.

You can, in fact, refill the Cig2O cartridges.

What kind of flavor are you looking for? Tobacco? Menthol? Fruit?

n2ize
05-31-2012, 09:51 AM
Well, I use an Ego-T, with a 510-808 adapter, so I can keep using the Cig2O cartridges.

You can, in fact, refill the Cig2O cartridges.

What kind of flavor are you looking for? Tobacco? Menthol? Fruit?

For me ? Tobacco of course. As far as nicotine content goes however, the lower the better, since I don;t have a nicotine addiction and I don;t really want to develop one.

n2ize
05-31-2012, 09:52 AM
On average how much can I expect to pay for one of these ? what price is reasonable ?

KG4CGC
05-31-2012, 09:56 AM
50 to 70 depending on your locale.

KC2UGV
05-31-2012, 10:07 AM
For me ? Tobacco of course. As far as nicotine content goes however, the lower the better, since I don;t have a nicotine addiction and I don;t really want to develop one.

What kind of Tobacco? Pipe, Cigar, or Cigarette? I've not found much that emulates cigar or cigarette; but RY4 (A stable flavor) comes close to many pipe tobaccos.

And, you can get 0 nicotine if you like. Of course, the jury is still out on if it's possible to get a nicotine habit with vaping, as the disconnect between inhalation and effect is about 10 minutes for vaping; whereas it's 5-10 seconds for smoking.

On average how much can I expect to pay for one of these ? what price is reasonable ?

And, model.

The Cig2O can be had for $16 at a gas station (Or online). Charger, one battery, and 2 cartos. My model costs $55 for a battery, bottle of liquid, 2 atomizers, and 4 tanks.

So, anywhere from $16-$125 depending on locale and model.

n2ize
05-31-2012, 10:14 AM
What kind of Tobacco? Pipe, Cigar, or Cigarette? I've not found much that emulates cigar or cigarette; but RY4 (A stable flavor) comes close to many pipe tobaccos.

And, you can get 0 nicotine if you like. Of course, the jury is still out on if it's possible to get a nicotine habit with vaping, as the disconnect between inhalation and effect is about 10 minutes for vaping; whereas it's 5-10 seconds for smoking.

And, model.

The Cig2O can be had for $16 at a gas station (Or online). Charger, one battery, and 2 cartos. My model costs $55 for a battery, bottle of liquid, 2 atomizers, and 4 tanks.

So, anywhere from $16-$125 depending on locale and model.

Sounds great. Pipe, cigar, or cig tobacco in that order. $16 bucks sounds reasonable, after all I just want to try this for now. 0 nicotine , or low nicotine wouild be good. I think I'll pick one up or order one soon.

n2ize
05-31-2012, 10:16 AM

Hmmm... 50 - 70 is a bit more than I want to spend. Although, these days a nice piece of quality carved briar or meerschaum costs considerably more.

KC2UGV
05-31-2012, 10:23 AM
Sounds great. Pipe, cigar, or cig tobacco in that order. $16 bucks sounds reasonable, after all I just want to try this for now. 0 nicotine , or low nicotine wouild be good. I think I'll pick one up or order one soon.

Ok, if you do order the Cig2O one, the tobacco flavor they sell isn't very close. Grab a bottle of VG (Vegetable Glycerin) RY4. They are about $6-10 You'll have better luck.

And, the $55 dollar models (Like I have) have a batter that lasts all day, and can be charged while being used. Like I said, it ranges from $16 to about $125. $125 being the Porsche, and $16 being the Chevy Malibu.

With the $16 battery, you'll only get about 1 hour of usage, and you must be careful if you refill, as any liquid inside will short the battery.