PDA

View Full Version : Time for an ad hoc CQ for the OF Medical Net....

W1GUH
05-30-2012, 03:28 PM
To update my treatment progress...

The scan I had last week showed the same thing that they all have -- the chemo is still super effective in shrinking, and keeping shrunk, all the tumors that have taken up residence inside of me. The side effects are still very few and very mild and my blood work and vital signs show that I'm tolerating the chemo very, very well. All in all, I'm feeling very good, physically.

That's the good news....

To inject something new, I present the bad news.....

And it's either "Very Bad", just "Bad", or "Not Bad at All", it's too early to tell.

Chemo can control the tumors I have very well, and that's what it's been doing. But this cancer is a killer (for a really pessimistic report, google "Esophagus Cancer Survival Rate." Yikes......scared the shit out of me!

But that's not the whole story. That's for everyone who had the "good" fortune to experience the joys of this cancer. But it's a highly individualized thing. And, given the good news, it doesn't seem to be an unreasonable guess that it's not gonna kill me for a while. AND....when it IS time, I'll get sufficient notice to take care of business. What usually happens is the chemo stops being effective. But in that case, there are other treatment plans to switch to. So it appears that my check-out date isn't so near as I thought it might be.

But, barring a miracle or a research breakthrough, I'll have this cancer for the rest of my life, they can't kill it entirely. Not so bad, really. I actually enjoy going down to the center for treatment -- the people there are really great and they always give me a lift.`

KG4CGC
05-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Keep up your positive outlook. You are an inspiration for all.

WØTKX
05-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Good deal. Keep hanging around man!

Mine is/was scary too because it had metastasized from the original spot. Until that happened, I had no symptoms at all. The chemo was very effective, the radiation was to make sure it's gone. Get scanned again in the next few weeks, on a six moth "sched".

N8YX
05-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Get in touch with suddenseer about the experimental treatment they used to help him out.

And hang in there. Positive outlook and good nutrition will do lots for you.

W1GUH
05-30-2012, 07:33 PM
All really good words, and thank you all for taking the time to write them.

N2RJ
05-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you, Paul. No one deserves the curse of Cancer on them.

Glad you're taking it in stride.

W4GPL
05-30-2012, 08:00 PM
I know a couple people who have 'chronic' cancer (for lack of a better word).. they're doing quite well. Just monitoring and keeping up with their treatments; seem to be doing well all things considered. I'm glad your outlook is so positive. Take care. :)

suddenseer
05-30-2012, 10:18 PM
I gave him my info via PM.