PDA

View Full Version : Manassas, Virginia Hamfest 10 JUNE 2012

KK4AMI
05-29-2012, 06:39 AM
A friend and I are going to be there in a white Dodge Pickup hocking Boat anchors outside in the Flea market.

W4GPL
05-29-2012, 06:40 AM
Add it to the calendar! :) (the HamIsland calendar)

W1GUH
05-31-2012, 07:02 PM
This is a real possibility for me, especially since there will be Islanders there to meet. Will pencil this in and check it all out.

Is there a good place to camp (small tent, very small footprint, "Leave no Trace" type camping) near there?

KG4NEL
06-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Is there a good place to camp (small tent, very small footprint, "Leave no Trace" type camping) near there?

So, basically, the antithesis of Northern Virginia? :-D

I think there's a few places off of 66, but it's pretty built up for that kind of thing. Most people's idea of camping there is not having a place to get a skim half-caf latte within eyeshot.

KK4AMI
06-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Ask and Ye shall receive! Hotels and Camping Available!

http://manassashamfest.org/manassashamfest_005.htm

W1GUH
06-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks! And Shenandoah is close enough, too. Would love to spend Sat. night there if I'm not dreaming that there'll be room. Won't really know if I'm up for the trip til mid-week, but it's highly possible.

KK4AMI
06-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Hope to see you. If you want to drive about an hour and a half south of Manassas, I have plenty of yard to camp in or a spare bedroom if ya don't like ticks! :) We are hauling about 8 boatanchors up early Sunday morning. I'm getting rid of an old nonworking National NC-100 ASD. Should be able to do good just on the price of scrap metal per pound!

W1GUH
06-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the nice offer. Won't be necessary, tho', there's lots of close places for Friday Night. And for Saturday I want to stay over in Shenandoah, something I've wanted to do for a bunch of years...well, decades, maybe. Hoping there's room, but if not, I can improvise somehow.

Won't really know til it's time to leave on Friday morning if I'm up to the trip, but today I'm feeling very good and optimistic about it. Would LOVE to meet all of you Islanders who are going to be there. Will let you know.

Thanks again!

WN9HJW
06-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Deleted

KK4AMI
06-10-2012, 01:49 PM
We just went from a recession to a depression. I was depressed to see how small the Manassas show had gotten. It wasn't even half the size it normally was. Our sales stunk! I couldn't sell that stupid National NC-100 ASD for a measly $30.00. We seem to be down to one good Hamfest in Virginia at Richmond.

PS- the one time I was actually looking for computer equipment (stupid old serial cable for my TenTec) at a hamfest, the computer guys weren't even there

WN9HJW
06-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Deleted