PDA

View Full Version : Free :: Kinda Broken Alinco DJ-V5

W4GPL
05-29-2012, 05:33 AM
Alinco DJ-V5 -- 2m/70cm HT

The clips that hold the battery on it are cracked off and the battery is dead, otherwise, I believe it functions properly. You'd need to buy a new battery and somehow rig it up for your use. I suppose a power supply would work too. I had been using it for awhile, but the battery went completely dead and I was sick of duct taping it on. :lol: A resourceful person could bring it back to life if they wanted to; otherwise I'm going to pitch it -- I won't be a pack rat, but I hate to see it wasted.

Also the little rubber piece on the side that covered the D/C power hole is missing, but that's no big deal.

Will ship for free to a member in good standing, otherwise $10 and it's yours shipped CONUSA.

TESLA
05-29-2012, 06:21 AM
I"m interested, Thanks!!!!

W4GPL
05-29-2012, 06:24 AM
Sure thing.. as long as you'll actually try to make use of it, happy to send it your way.

PM me some shipping information and I'll get it in the mail this week sometime.

TESLA
05-29-2012, 06:30 AM
I'll repair and give it to one of my sons or their significant others, I'm good on QRZ, let me know what you need for shipping, Thanks!!!

W4GPL
05-29-2012, 06:31 AM
I'll repair and give it to one of my sons or their significant others, I'm good on QRZ, let me know what you need for shipping, Thanks!!!Don't sweat it, I suspect it'll only be a couple of dollars to ship it USPS -- I'll send the battery shell, but I'm gonna clip the battery out of there (it's dead & heavy).

KA9MOT
05-29-2012, 09:09 PM
I learned recently that Mike at Alinco can get you any part you need to repair that radio. Cheap too!