PDA

View Full Version : Indy 500 & CocaCola 600

W4GPL
05-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Anyone else drowning themselves in racing this fine Sunday afternoon?

The Indy 500 this year was really quite good, very competitive. Jim Nabors wasn't there to sing Back Home In Indiana, but he did deliver his traditional song via video. :clap: Very time I hear Gomer Pyle sing.. I'm just shocked. Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Amazing how many classically trained people get sucked into such dopey roles. :)

Watching the 600 now.. *yawn* Not sure when it happened, but for decades I was a major NASCAR fan.. but now, I just can't seem to give a fuck. They ruined it.. somehow. Can't put my finger on it, but I just can't be bothered to give a fuck.

K7SGJ
05-27-2012, 09:18 PM

The Indy 500 this year was really quite good, very competitive. Jim Nabors wasn't there to sing Back Home In Indiana, but he did deliver his traditional song via video. :clap: Very time I hear Gomer Pyle sing.. I'm just shocked. Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Amazing how many classically trained people get sucked into such dopey roles. :)

Watching the 600 now.. *yawn* Not sure when it happened, but for decades I was a major NASCAR fan.. but now, I just can't seem to give a fuck. They ruined it.. somehow. Can't put my finger on it, but I just can't be bothered to give a fuck.

Might be interesting if occasionally someone made a right turn.

W4GPL
05-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Gosh, never heard that one before! Come up with it all by yourself?

NA4BH
05-27-2012, 09:33 PM
With all the new spoilers, fuel injection, front splitters, they sucked the life out of it. My fan-ness is waning too.

NQ6U
05-27-2012, 09:45 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth, Eddie.

WA4TM
05-27-2012, 09:45 PM

Can't, there is a wall there!!!!!! Except on road courses...

NA4BH
05-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Watch in a couple of weeks, they will be in California at Infineon, bunch of right turns.

KA9MOT
05-28-2012, 01:21 AM

GP of Monaco too!

NASCAR aint stock car racing anymore.... I'm still a big fan because of the drivers but they should change the name to IROC because the format is the same. Identical cars, none of which represent anything that can be bought off of the showroom floor.

W3WN
05-29-2012, 02:56 PM
GP of Monaco too!

NASCAR aint stock car racing anymore.... I'm still a big fan because of the drivers but they should change the name to IROC because the format is the same. Identical cars, none of which represent anything that can be bought off of the showroom floor.Yeah, I think that's definitely something lost over the years... are they racing Stock Cars -- that is, cars that you could buy right off the showroom -- or not? Right now, well, it's not.

And guys, I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade... I just don't enjoy modern racing much anymore. Bore ing. I guess 30 years of watching the Vintage nutz race does that to you.

KG4NEL
05-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Wake me up for Le Mans.

Although I did watch Monaco :)