PDA

View Full Version : Come on guys, and gals

suddenseer
05-27-2012, 05:07 PM
The island is having some financial problems due to software upgrades, and stuff they have no control over. i heard through the grapevine that Jeff, and other admins opened their wallets to keep this place running. That should have not have happened. Come on folks, click the donate button. if everyone gave a small amount we would be covered. I am a regular member. i have no special privileges, or perks. I just believe what these guys are doing for us.

PS, the admins donate lots of their time fixing server/internet issues that we never see. They don't get paid for that.

Do the right thing.

Tim N8TB

n2ize
05-27-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm a bit short this month but I'll try and give something.

W4GPL
05-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Thanks Tim! Though I'd like to be clear in saying the most recent software upgrade did not cost us any additional funds. The big ticket item is the monthly server rental. Up until April, we were more or less covered by previous donations. I had to pay for April and now May 100% out of my personal funds. Not a big deal, happy to do it, but your contributions are very welcome! :) Thanks y'all.

PA5COR
05-27-2012, 05:30 PM
I'll have another try, keeping the home here alive ;)

NQ6U
05-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Maybe it would help if I paid my bar tab?

W4GPL
05-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Maybe it would help if I paid my bar tab?Didja win the lotto or something? ;)

PA5COR
05-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Done, confirmation number: XXXXXXXXX

NQ6U
05-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Didja win the lotto or something? ;)

Nah, I "sold" Texas to the Mexican ambassador. He thinks it's going to become their thirty-second state: Baja Oklahoma. Couldn't get him to go for the bridge, though.

PA5COR
05-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Come on guy's pay the rent for our "home" ;)

suddenseer
05-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Come on guy's pay the rent for our "home" ;)Maybe we could show premium stuff like the PBS station beagathons. I would be a willing DJ. Come on folks. If everyone gave $5.00 it would make a huge difference. Click the donate button. Before, it was not as easy. Come on, click that button.

suddenseer
05-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Come on guy's pay the rent for our "home" ;)Thank you Cor. If every poster sent $5.00 the Island would be healthy for many months. I have no special perks here, i could be banned tonight for attacking another Island member. Click the DONATE button. Please, and thank you.

suddenseer
05-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Bump keep it going.

VE7DCW
05-27-2012, 10:36 PM
Alright ..... I've made a $20.00 donation to help keep the server serving

(confirmation # ######### via pay pal)

Now can I make this pay down the bail money I owe for that "unfortunate" incident that occured in the bar? :angel:

NA4BH
05-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Alright ..... I've made a $20.00 donation to help keep the server serving

Now can I make this pay down the bail money I owe for that "unfortunate" incident that occured in the bar? :angel:

Are you referring to the goat incident? I thought this was never to be spoken of again.

VE7DCW
05-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Are you referring to the goat incident? I thought this was never to be spoken of again.

Well ..... I only made mention of an "unfortunate" incident .....i'll deny anything else!! :yes:

W4GPL
05-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Thanks again, everyone! But please avoid disclosing your confirmation number to protect your own privacy. If you don't hear from us in 24 hours personally acknowledging your contribution, please let me know.

NA4BH
05-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Those that put it in their posts should go back and edit that out.

W4GPL
05-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Those that put it in their posts should go back and edit that out.Good idea, I'll edit it for them.

PA5COR
05-28-2012, 01:21 AM
Just woke up, Good morning, and yes, i know i can be banned if i fail, till then i will not pass a call for the rent to be paid.
Saturday wen tot the local ham fair, not bought anything, just 2 Papst 230 volt 12 cm fans for a project, not the usual loads of stuff, so i decided i could put some in the kitty.

Don't let Jeff carry us for free.... we are better as freeloaders over yonder, no special things needed, just the cameraderie here is good enough.
Thinking i paid my ( coffee) tab in full now at the bar ;)

suddenseer
05-28-2012, 04:55 AM
I want to keep this thread going. Most of you folks, $5.00 won't kill you. Jeff only requests help when he needs it. Those of you that clicked the Donate button, thank you. You don't have to post here, just do it. Let us keep the Island floating.

N7YA
05-28-2012, 06:15 AM
I need no convincing, of course ill help, ill get on it in the next day or so. Considering the last time we were asked, its been a couple of years, and that held us for quite a while. Lets not be like other hams and be stingy...$10 or $20 wont kill you.

Great work keeping this place as awesome as it is. Ever since i landed on these shores, i never stepped foot back at the other place...and i never had any problem with anyone there, i just like the climate here better.

N7YA
05-28-2012, 06:16 AM
Tim, im not sure i want to ask, but i must...what is that pic in your sig line? Tell me its just a guy sleeping with some cookie dough on his face.

W4GPL
05-28-2012, 06:18 AM
Tim, im not sure i want to ask, but i must...what is that pic in your sig line? Tell me its just a guy sleeping with some cookie dough on his face.It's an image from Pink Floyd.. I don't quite recall the context though. It's some sort of hallucination.

And yes, it's horribly disturbing. ;) I'm glad I have signatures disabled.

N7YA
05-28-2012, 06:22 AM
Ok, drug related, i can deal with that. I was hoping it wasnt a police photo of someone who didnt deserve to meet that end.

Every time i go to Google images for something, i always get hit with a seriously distrubing image or two. Stuff you just want to forget.

W4GPL
05-28-2012, 06:26 AM
Yeah, it's a creation of Syd Barrett's very troubled & polluted mind, I'm 99% sure.. I thought it might be from The Wall, it's not.

Tim: Where is that from? I know it's PF, but I can't place it.. is it a video from Piper At The Gates..? :dunno:

KK4AMI
05-28-2012, 07:10 AM
I just sent mine in thru PAYPAL, hope I did it right.

N8YX
05-28-2012, 07:17 AM
Yeah, it's a creation of Syd Barrett's very troubled & polluted mind, I'm 99% sure.. I thought it might be from The Wall, it's not.

Tim: Where is that from? I know it's PF, but I can't place it.. is it a video from Piper At The Gates..? :dunno:
Piper At The Gates Of Dawn.

Was just thinking about that album yesterday, for some reason.

W4GPL
05-28-2012, 07:29 AM
Piper At The Gates Of Dawn.;) Yeah, I know the name of the album.. was just being lazy. I love it.. I love the early 'pop' stuff PF did. :lol: I named my dog after Syd Barrett.. not sure that's a tribute, but my dog also had serious mental issues. Lost the dog as early as we lost Syd (mentally)..

W5IEI
05-28-2012, 09:10 AM
I reckon my America Racing wheels can wait a few days.
As the Islands official freeloader hater twas time I put my money where my mouth was.
However Jeff when I hit submit, it said I have a PayPal account.
I think they are mistaken.
If my donation doesn't show, let me know. It wouldn't accept my cc had to use debit.
It happens at some online places, don't know why.

suddenseer
05-28-2012, 10:29 AM

Tim: Where is that from? I know it's PF, but I can't place it.. is it a video from Piper At The Gates..? :dunno:It was taken from an actual 8mm "art" film documenting one of Syd's early acid trips. Some shots, he had pickles on his eyes, others lemons. I had a feeling only Jeff could identify it. Good deal.

Thank to all of you who clicked the Donate button.

wa6mhz
05-28-2012, 10:48 AM
I donated enough to buy me a nice S-40. That will help out some.

suddenseer
05-28-2012, 10:57 AM
I donated enough to buy me a nice S-40. That will help out some.You are awesome!

N7YA
05-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Fortunately, this wont set me back from buying my truck too much...its the trade in that i will take the hit on.

suddenseer
05-28-2012, 09:31 PM
It was taken from an actual 8mm "art" film documenting one of Syd's early acid trips. Some shots, he had pickles on his eyes, others lemons. I had a feeling only Jeff could identify it. Good deal.

Thank to all of you who clicked the Donate button.I looked at the film. It appears to be mushrooms he was picking.

N7YA
05-29-2012, 05:13 AM
I was kinda hoping it was poo...ups the humor value a notch or two.

suddenseer
05-29-2012, 09:53 AM
You gotta love it. Mixing a call for donations with Syd Barret, acid trips, 8mm art film, mushrooms that look like Mr. Hanky. Only on the Island will these topics be an amalgam to raise donations. I want to keep the Island floating. It only takes smaller donations from more members. Your donation is a secret between you, and Jeff. Every donation makes a positive impact. To the folks that have not hit the DONATE yet, please click it. Thank you. I will change my sig photo when I see the donation banner disappear. :hyper:

WØTKX
05-29-2012, 10:02 AM
http://image.lyricspond.com/image/s/artist-south-park/album-mr-hankeys-christmas-classics/cd-cover.jpg

N7YA
05-29-2012, 11:13 AM

suddenseer
05-30-2012, 05:45 AM
Bump.
For the week day only Islanders, please hit the DONATE button. If every Islander who posts on a regular basis would give small amounts, there would be no need for the "help" banner. I want to thank everyone who clicked DONATE.

Peace, Love, Dope
Tim, aka N8TB, aka Suddenseer

N7YA
05-30-2012, 02:02 PM
My account is light this week, but i should be paid either today or tomorrow. Ill hit it up then.