PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys and Aliens

WN9HJW
05-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Post Deleted

KC9ECI
05-27-2012, 08:20 AM
I think I made it about the first 15 minutes or so before I lost interest and wandered off.

NQ6U
05-27-2012, 08:34 AM
I saw the trailer. That was more than enough.

KG4NEL
05-27-2012, 09:43 AM
With a name like that, you kind of know what you're getting into from the start :squint:

Sort of like "Snakes on a Plane"...

suddenseer
05-27-2012, 09:48 AM
I think I made it about the first 15 minutes or so before I lost interest and wandered off.We share the same 15 minute minimum "grab me" level. Otherwise, change channel, eject DVD, remove from Netflix cue, get up walk out of cinema, and try to sneak into a different movie at the multiplex.

W5IEI
05-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Yup,
Like a fool I bought the DVD.
C'mon it had Harrison Ford in it.
POS move,I ejected it after a few minutes ,and sailed it like a frisby!!!

suddenseer
05-27-2012, 12:04 PM
Yup,
POS move,I ejected it after a few minutes ,and sailed it like a frisby!!!Netflix can be hooked up to your HD tv. it is only about $8.00 a month. It is worth every penny. There are thousands of movies, and tv shows to watch. Don't buy DVDs you will never watch again. I often watch tv on my I phone from netflix, Hulu Plus when I am waiting on other people.

Just a suggestion. if the $15.00 frisbees gives you amusement, then i accept that. You are a grown adult with one fukkin cool ride.

KC9ECI
05-27-2012, 12:58 PM
I like netflix as well, and for everything else, TPB.

W5IEI
05-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Netflix can be hooked up to your HD tv. it is only about $8.00 a month. It is worth every penny. There are thousands of movies, and tv shows to watch. Don't buy DVDs you will never watch again. I often watch tv on my I phone from netflix, Hulu Plus when I am waiting on other people.

Just a suggestion. if the $15.00 frisbees gives you amusement, then i accept that. You are a grown adult with one fukkin cool ride.

Tee Hee,
I do have Netflix and wouldn't be without it.
I just thought,,,you know,,, Harrison Ford!!!!
That is a badd ass ride isn't it ?
I'd love to let every one of my Island buddies to take her for a spin.
That offer is always open BTW.

suddenseer
05-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Tee Hee,
I do have Netflix and wouldn't be without it.
I just thought,,,you know,,, Harrison Ford!!!!
That is a badd ass ride isn't it ?
I'd love to let every one of my Island buddies to take her for a spin.
That offer is always open BTW.Next time i get down your way (I get down there alot) I will take you up on your offer. I will bring some very good 8 land brewed products with me. Get out the bleach. I will show you how to burn off 2 months of tread in 2 seconds. I have a feeling you already know how to do that. I also love to blow shit up.

kb2vxa
05-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Ah dunno, watching Indiana Rick Solo in a Western version of Star War of the Worlds was interesting but then I kinda like hokey movies with crappy CGI. Yesterday it was Shartopus, tomorrow Zombie Apocalypse? Now playing on Sy Fy another that stinks on ice, Stealth followed by... oh no... Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

W4GPL
05-27-2012, 05:24 PM
I saw the trailer. That was more than enough.Yeah.. I felt the same way.

Also that new movie 'Battleship'. Could they have demonstrated less of a plot via their advertising? I heard they barely recouped 10% of their costs with that mess. :lol:

N7YA
05-27-2012, 05:36 PM
I was looking forward to Cowboys and Aliens, it looked interesting, and had both Spielberg and Harrison Ford involved. Well, Harrison Ford usually pans out, hes a great actor, but S'berg has been pumping out butt sausages lately. A dog poops, he stamps his name on it and off it goes...no bueno.

I thought it was going to be good from the first 20 minutes, it was cool...then it started to slip until it became ridiculous. I left feeling like i just watched a made for tv movie on Sci-fi channel...bad.

Battleship just looked stupid from the get go, i never even considered stepping foot in a theatre to see it...turns out everyone was right. Rhianna couldnt save it, her role looked gratuitious and melodramatic. Not to mention, only the good ol' US of A is allowed to kick the aliens asses and save the day. Im glad it bombed, very telling of society, i feel good about that.

Wrath of the Titans was campy, but they never alluded to being anything other than that. So, with that in mind, it was pretty good. I heard the Avengers was good, but i dont know how much more comic book remakes i can take! I am interested in Prometheus, however...hope it doesnt suck.

W5IEI
05-28-2012, 09:15 AM
Butt Sausage ?

Can I use that ?

wa6mhz
05-28-2012, 10:51 AM
I seem to recal seeing it here a month or so back. I enjoyed it thoroughly, but then I am easily entertained.

suddenseer
05-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Some of my favorite sci-fi movies are not very popular. My all time favorite is DARK STAR. It is about a crew on an aging, falling apart ship armed with bombs that talk. The bombs are powerful enough to destroy an entire planet. They are on a mission to blow up "unstable planets". Worth the download.

N7YA
05-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Butt Sausage ?

Can I use that ?

Indeed! We share freely on the island.

N7YA
05-28-2012, 05:31 PM
I got 'butt sausage' from when we took our dog to the vet and forewarned him that she was going to pump some sausages into his pocket out of fear if he kept holding her the way he was...so he quickly put her down.

N2RJ
05-28-2012, 06:33 PM
I hardly have time for TV. My entertainment is a peculiar little hobby called amateur radio.

N7YA
05-28-2012, 06:46 PM
Its good to leave the house and see a movie. I had a great weekend of ham radio, but im also married to a non-ham, she likes to get out every so often.

N2RJ
05-28-2012, 06:49 PM
The kids make it a bit complicated here. We'd have to get a babysitter and all that. Maybe we should.

I also don't like the cell phone users convention that goes on in every movie theater these days. Talking isn't the most annoying, texting is!

N7YA
05-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Its well worth it to get the babysitter, mommy/daddy time is great, but husband/wife night is equally as important...get out and date, consider it a "team building exercise". :lol:

Texting is irritating in the sense that its like a bunch of flashlights fluttering about in a dark room. Turn that shit off, the silhouette lady on the screen, you know the one with all the popcorn and suggestive floating hot dogs around her, is telling you to...take the time to do so while that big candy roller coaster clip is running. Also, we wait to go see a movie until its been in theatres for over a week, the crowds have died down by then.

W3WN
05-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Yup,
POS move,I ejected it after a few minutes ,and sailed it like a frisby!!!You'd think that considering all the stuff he's been in since American Grafitti, he wouldn't need the money that badly.

And if he is tired of acting, I hear he used to be a decent carpenter.

W3WN
05-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Some of my favorite sci-fi movies are not very popular. My all time favorite is DARK STAR. It is about a crew on an aging, falling apart ship armed with bombs that talk. The bombs are powerful enough to destroy an entire planet. They are on a mission to blow up "unstable planets". Worth the download."You are false data. Therefore, I shall ignore you."

Loved that movie, despite the cheesy SFX. Hard to believe it's almost 30 years old.

You do know that Dan O'Bannon, who co-wrote & starred in this, went on to write Alien, Aliens, Total Recall and a whole bunch of other stuff?

suddenseer
05-28-2012, 09:24 PM
"You are false data. Therefore, I shall ignore you."

Loved that movie, despite the cheesy SFX. Hard to believe it's almost 30 years old.

You do know that Dan O'Bannon, who co-wrote & starred in this, went on to write Alien, Aliens, Total Recall and a whole bunch of other stuff?I am a fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjGRySVyTDk&feature=relmfu

w2amr
05-29-2012, 05:03 AM
I hardly have time for TV. My entertainment is a peculiar little hobby called amateur radio.
How boring.:mrgreen:

W7XF
05-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Hello.

Cowboys and aliens?

I'll take the cowboy xD

:lol:

NQ6U
05-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Hello.

Cowboys and aliens?

I'll take the cowboy xD

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u4CXlIYjyE

kf0rt
05-29-2012, 01:11 PM
OMG :shock:

W3WN
05-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Hello.

Cowboys and aliens?

I'll take the cowboy xD

:lol:The title does sound like a Jeopardy! category, doesn't it?

"I'll take 'Cowboys & Aliens' for $200, Alex!"