PDA

View Full Version : So...Pat (MHZ)...

N8YX
05-26-2012, 08:48 AM
What does your wife now think of Dayton - and seeing such a large collection of, errr, unique specimens all in one place?

Mine is the official planner, transportation coordinator and loan arranger. It's her idea to go every year.

KB3LAZ
05-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Idk about Pat or even Dayton but Pilar wants to go to a hamfest. In fact she is itching to understand what these hamfests I speak of are. When we first met she thought it was a festival of ham..lol.

K7SGJ
05-26-2012, 08:56 AM
Idk about Pat or even Dayton but Pilar wants to go to a hamfest. In fact she is itching to understand what these hamfests I speak of are. When we first met she thought it was a festival of ham..lol.

There is more truth to that than most will admit to.

KB3LAZ
05-26-2012, 08:59 AM

Outsider ignorance or the part about being a festival of ham? lol

KG4NEL
05-26-2012, 09:07 AM
The latter :snicker:

KB3LAZ
05-26-2012, 09:10 AM
The latter :snicker:

Lol. As I have said before, Pilar does not really understand my fascination with the hobby. After reading many accounts from other hams I would say this is the norm. The good thing is that she still wants to understand what it is that I have a fascination with. She may not have a desire to partake in the events with me but understanding is a good thing. As well is the fact that she has no desire to hinder my practice or enjoyment of the hobby.

KG4NEL
05-26-2012, 09:16 AM
That's about as good as you can ask of anyone, IMO.

KB3LAZ
05-26-2012, 09:19 AM
That's about as good as you can ask of anyone, IMO.

Agreed.

I dont have to worry about explaining the cost of a rig either. She likes her D&G and Versace.

NQ6U
05-26-2012, 12:34 PM

There is certainly no shortage of porkers.

wa6mhz
05-26-2012, 03:02 PM
She HATES HAM RADIO even more than ever now! But it keeps her Husband out of bars and Crack houses!
I had her follow me around the swapmeet abit Friday morning. Every time I stopped to just LOOK at something, she quickly told me I DIDN'T NEED IT!!! She soon saw her anger and pleadings did no good and stuff start to be added to the cart. She stormed off when I put the Heathkit SB-230 in the cart and paid the seller $200 for it. Just tested that today and NO, it doesn't WORK! So she refused to go out to the swapmeet on Sat and just sat in the booth while I toured out there. My tour didn't last for long as I knew the longer she sat, the MADDER she would get. So I came back to the booth with an EMPTY CART. But the damage was already done and the trunk was already full of THINGS THAT DON'T WORK.

She just HATES Swapmeets. FURIOUS about them!!! We are TOO POOR to eat anywhere but McDonalds, yet I will spend HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS ON ABSOLUTE JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But she kept her silence on the way home from Dayton and wasn't too crabby. She was MOST ANXIOUS to get home and get this MISERABLE EXPERIENCE OVER WITH!!!! Dayton was NO VACATION for her!

So, needless to say, she won't be coming along next year. She has had QUITE ENOUGH of Dayton!
She will stay home with the Cats!

K7SGJ
05-26-2012, 04:16 PM
She HATES HAM RADIO even more than ever now! But it keeps her Husband out of bars and Crack houses!
I had her follow me around the swapmeet abit Friday morning. Every time I stopped to just LOOK at something, she quickly told me I DIDN'T NEED IT!!! She soon saw her anger and pleadings did no good and stuff start to be added to the cart. She stormed off when I put the Heathkit SB-230 in the cart and paid the seller $200 for it. Just tested that today and NO, it doesn't WORK! So she refused to go out to the swapmeet on Sat and just sat in the booth while I toured out there. My tour didn't last for long as I knew the longer she sat, the MADDER she would get. So I came back to the booth with an EMPTY CART. But the damage was already done and the trunk was already full of THINGS THAT DON'T WORK.

She just HATES Swapmeets. FURIOUS about them!!! We are TOO POOR to eat anywhere but McDonalds, yet I will spend HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS ON ABSOLUTE JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But she kept her silence on the way home from Dayton and wasn't too crabby. She was MOST ANXIOUS to get home and get this MISERABLE EXPERIENCE OVER WITH!!!! Dayton was NO VACATION for her!

So, needless to say, she won't be coming along next year. She has had QUITE ENOUGH of Dayton!

Maybe next year you should take the cats instead.

KØWVM
05-26-2012, 04:53 PM
If only I could convince my wife to make trips to Dayton every 3 - 5 years. She isn't a fan of the hobby I enjoy. I do have friends there as well that aren't hams, but a good excuse to go and see them on "vacation".

wa6mhz
05-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Maybe next year you should take the cats instead.

Atleast If I took the CATS, I could get a little PU.......(Can I say that on the Island?}

NA4BH
05-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Pussy is a banned word. You cannot say pussy here.

N7YA
05-26-2012, 05:49 PM

Tell her the next hamvention in is the Virgin Islands and you get free Mai Tais and a massage by a very well maintained guy named Raul...then simply take her back to Dayton and say "Sorry honey, i dont know what happened, but im going to get to the bottom of this!! ....right after i go visit the Yaesu booth...you want a soda or something?"

That should hold her for a few until she can find a blunt object.

KØWVM
05-26-2012, 05:54 PM

Thankfully when all else fails, we can still say KNOBS! LOVE LIVE THE WORD KNOB!!

KG4CGC
05-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Atleast If I took the CATS, I could get a little PU.......(Can I say that on the Island?}

Plutonium? Nuke powered Heath amp?

N2RJ
05-26-2012, 08:44 PM

Friedrichshafen.

N2RJ
05-26-2012, 08:45 PM

Fuck that shit!

Oh hell what did I do?

Knobs knobs knobs

KG4NEL
05-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Friedrichshafen.

I'd go to Germany before I went back to Dayton. Been there once (not for the hamfest)...that's plenty, thanks :)

W4GPL
05-26-2012, 08:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL3bRyFrrG8
You can use all these words and more on The Island! ;)

WØTKX
05-26-2012, 08:50 PM
Fiddlesticks.

N8YX
05-26-2012, 08:53 PM
She HATES HAM RADIO even more than ever now!
...snip...
She just HATES Swapmeets. FURIOUS about them!!!
Ummm...mine went to the Hilberling booth on Saturday morning, talked specs with the guy and was willing to buy two! :shock:

He said they had sold a couple by the time we talked to him. But a week later we get this:

http://swap.qth.com/contact.php?counter=993779

Of course, I was after an FT-980. Think there was one to be had? Nooooo...but after I spent my wad there's a complete setup listed on QTH. :wall:

N8YX
05-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Fiddlesticks.

Diddlesticks.

Them'll fuck a good radio up in short order.

N7YA
05-27-2012, 03:54 AM
Oh thats some hootenanny right there!!

Dont you guys go whistling dixie to me, Buster brown!!

KB3LAZ
05-27-2012, 01:54 PM
I'd go to Germany before I went back to Dayton. Been there once (not for the hamfest)...that's plenty, thanks :)

You dont have enough money to pay me to get me back in Germany. The coldest people on the earth. Even to one another. Nty.

N7YA
05-27-2012, 04:58 PM
My drummer is German, he and his Canadian wife went back there and had a blast. But another friend of mine, an American and a really nice guy, was treated coldly there like he was a well known pedophile living among them or something. Its probably because you are from the states and the entire civilized (and uncivilized) world hates our empirical, nosey, arrogant guts. This wont change until China really gains some steam and takes the asshole title from us, our people humble themselves a little more and we close some overseas bases and quit starting militaristic shit with everyone. But, as we all know, gaining one-on-one respect with citizens around the world is stupid, not neccessary or profitable...so who cares. Well, one of these days folks will care and this will change, until then...vacation in Vermont, just dont tell them where you are from.

By the way, my drummer has the same impression of the Swiss...who would have thought, right?

KØWVM
05-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Ah, not all the Germans are that way. Once they start to know you, they usually go out of their way to be nice to you. Especially if a German neighbor or landlord finds out you are an American Serviceman. They usually will let you know if someone doesn't belong in the neighborhood that is there as an example.

KB3LAZ
05-28-2012, 04:24 AM
Of the countries I have been to I have a dislike for only three.

Germany, Turkey, and Jamaica, in that order.

N7YA
05-28-2012, 05:55 AM
Ah, not all the Germans are that way. Once they start to know you, they usually go out of their way to be nice to you. Especially if a German neighbor or landlord finds out you are an American Serviceman. They usually will let you know if someone doesn't belong in the neighborhood that is there as an example.

You live there, so i have to take your word for it. The German people i have met who came here have all been great, and ill be honest, i really want to go there. My boss is trying to get us on some big festival over near Hamburg. Im just going on what ive been told, and my limited experience.

We were one day from getting on a plane to India when the gig fell through due to a Visa mixup at the consulates office...knowing what i know about that culture based on how they act here, i was seriously mentally preparing myself for that one!

k1oik
05-28-2012, 02:21 PM

!

And I thought this was fiction,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7kirdtdI1c&feature=my_favorites&list=FLsydA1cOoic7xMcA0D0zNZg

You can't be serious? Can you? QSL? HI HI

k1oik
05-28-2012, 02:24 PM

Hams are unaware of the meaning

W3WN
05-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Pussy is a banned word. You cannot say pussy here.Hams are unaware of the meaningSpeak for yourself.

NQ6U
05-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Speak for yourself.

I believe he is.

k1oik
05-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Speak for yourself.

Correction:
TYPICAL hams are unaware of the meaning of that word
Do you think I am a TYPICAL ham?

N7YA
05-28-2012, 06:50 PM
:popcorn:

...im not touching this one.

KG4NEL
05-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Correction:
Do you think I am aTYPICAL ham?

http://i.qkme.me/35kccf.jpg

N7YA
05-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Hairy pits....dont forget how shaving and grooming is a ploy by man to subjugate women.

N2RJ
05-28-2012, 07:34 PM
Hams are unaware of the meaning

You're a ham.

N7YA
05-28-2012, 07:35 PM
Hes not typical though.

N2RJ
05-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Correction:
Do you think I am a TYPICAL ham?

Hmm

You like to talk a lot and you hate contesting.

Only thing you're missing is your own net on75m.

So I'd say yes.

N2RJ
05-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Hes not typical though.

There's more typical about him than you think. He just doesn't want to admit it yet.

N7YA
05-28-2012, 07:40 PM
I figured.

But then again, he is back on the island, so im guessing some things were discussed in private between he and the admin and a second chance was given on grounds not discussed publicly...so im willing to let Burt speak his mind until further notice. Benefit of the doubt and all.

N2RJ
05-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Yep.

W3WN
05-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Correction:
Do you think I am aTYPICAL ham?Burt, you keep feeding me straight lines like that, you WILL get a response.

However, since a smart-ass response (no matter how big a straight line you feed me) might be mis-interpreted by you, based on recent past experience, as a personal attack... to say nothing of an honest response... nah, you don't really want to know what I think.

k1oik
05-28-2012, 09:57 PM
I figured.

But then again, he is back on the island, so im guessing some things were discussed in private between he and the admin and a second chance was given on grounds not discussed publicly...so im willing to let Burt speak his mind until further notice. Benefit of the doubt and all.

I did not know I left. I discussed nothing in private related to me being here. You are willing to let me speak my mind? Who the hell are you, Mother Superior?

k1oik
05-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Burt, you keep feeding me straight lines like that, you WILL get a response.

However, since a smart-ass response (no matter how big a straight line you feed me) might be mis-interpreted by you, based on recent past experience, as a personal attack... to say nothing of an honest response... nah, you don't really want to know what I think.

I won't be able to sleep tonight wondering what you think of me.
To be thought of as an ass by an ass is a compliment

KJ3N
05-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Hmm

You like to talk a lot and you hate contesting.

Only thing you're missing is your own net on75m.

So I'd say yes.

:rofl:

W7XF
05-29-2012, 12:41 AM
IB4TSS
I have a feeling this is not going to end well xD

N8YX
05-29-2012, 04:50 AM
Let's scale the personal attacks back, folks.

N7YA
05-29-2012, 04:55 AM
I did not know I left. I discussed nothing in private related to me being here. You are willing to let me speak my mind? Who the hell are you, Mother Superior?

You were banned.

Now that i see you havent changed, you can readily go fuck yourself, Burt.

W3WN
05-29-2012, 08:11 AM
I won't be able to sleep tonight wondering what you think of me.
To be thought of as an ass by an ass is a complimentIn the immortal words of the Firesign Theatre:
You're no fun. You fell right over.

wa6mhz
05-29-2012, 10:01 AM
some kids in the sandbox just don't play well with others

NQ6U
05-29-2012, 10:09 AM
some kids in the sandbox just don't play well with others

True enough, Pat. And some of them delight in kicking sand in the faces of the other kids.

N7YA
05-29-2012, 10:54 AM
I stand by what i posted back when he got here, the guy is fucking nuts. Normal, sane people dont act the way he does.

WØTKX
05-29-2012, 11:59 AM
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3131/3241971725_d85b2c1b8c_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkjediknight/3241971725/)
STAR WARS : Imperial Pooper Scooper Troopers (http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkjediknight/3241971725/) by DarkJediKnight (http://www.flickr.com/people/darkjediknight/), on Flickr

N7YA
05-29-2012, 12:14 PM

W7XF
05-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Hate to say it, but I think it is time xD

k1oik
05-29-2012, 02:18 PM
You were banned.

Now that i see you havent changed, you can readily go fuck yourself, Burt.
I was banned here? I never was banned here unless I was banned BEFORE I signed up.
You want me to have sex with myself? I don't know how, but apparently you do? Tell me

k1oik
05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
WA6MHZ said: some kids in the sandbox just don't play well with others
And some don't have the guts to respond after they make false statements
A comment on my video:
You most likely did not mean for this to be humorous, but some parts are (hi hi), sorry just had to throw that in.
BUT you definitely speak the truth, especially contest, they take it so serious it's unbelievable.
And you are right about the "FAT" ham, at the swap meets, some can barely walk.
Good video, enjoyed it. Maybe we'll speak on the air one of these days, I will look for you on the "Cluster", hi hi.
Take it easy, kd6sbr "Tom" in Glendora, Ca.

k1oik
05-29-2012, 02:32 PM
I stand by what i posted back when he got here, the guy is fucking nuts. Normal, sane people dont act the way he does.
To be thought an ass by an ass is a compliment

That is why I got this comment:
Burt you hit the nail on the head with this video. I LOVE IT!!! Keep up the truth man!!!!
73's
W4TKB
W4TKB (http://forums.hamisland.net/user/W4TKB) 19 hours ago in playlist Liked videos (http://forums.hamisland.net/playlist?list=LLE8GEQa3mrOr59fNTz5vtdA&feature=playlist-comment)
http://s.ytimg.com/yt/img/pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gifhttp://s.ytimg.com/yt/img/pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gifReply http://s.ytimg.com/yt/img/pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif

Remove
Flag for spam
Block User
Unblock User

One more thing, you forgot to mention how many hams DO NOT know how to say their call phonetically, they make up the dumbest words for a letter, some of which can be confusing.
73 Tom

kd6sbrtom (http://forums.hamisland.net/user/kd6sbrtom)

W3WN
05-29-2012, 02:32 PM
That does it. I need a good viewing of The Howl Of the Wolf Movie.

Surely you've heard their motto: "Presenting honest stories of working people, as told by rich Hollywood stars!"

I hear that they're running a George Leroy Tirebiter marathon this weekend. Been quite a while since I've seen High School Madness or Parallel Hell.

NQ6U
05-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Well, Burt, one of my YouTube videos alone has more hits (52,000+) than all yours put together.

Yeah, I know, that's a meaningless statistic but it's about as valid as you quoting two comments that happen to agree with your point of view while ignoring the ones that don't.

k1oik
05-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Well, Burt, one of my YouTube videos alone has more hits (52,000+) than all yours put together.

Yeah, I know, that's a meaningless statistic but it's about as valid as you quoting two comments that happen to agree with your point of view while ignoring the ones that don't.
I am impressed by your views, most hams barely get above 100. About half of my 1000s of comments agree with me
ButBurt2481

702subscribers (http://forums.hamisland.net/user/burt2481/subscribers)721,528video views

kf0rt
05-29-2012, 03:35 PM
This is getting boring. Can we raise the maturity level just a tad?