PDA

View Full Version : The dumbest HR manager on the planet

W5GA
05-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Either this person is stupid, or has no business in the position they're in. OR maybe a staged question?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505125_162-57439895/how-to-handle-sexual-misconduct-at-work/?tag=stack

W4GPL
05-25-2012, 05:40 PM
My experience is that dumb and human resources go hand in hand. But this is pretty dumb, the rules about sexual harassment are pretty clear in most companies.

n2ize
05-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Sorry, I don;t buy this story. I call BS on it. People having sex in the workplace in plain view of everybody ? It smells very fishy !!! :mrgreen:

N8YX
05-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Sorry, I don;t buy this story. I call BS on it. People having sex in the workplace in plain view of everybody ? It smells very fishy !!! :mrgreen:
What you did there...

How would an HR rep for a brothel handle a sexual harassment complaint?

NA4BH
05-25-2012, 07:50 PM

LOL. I actually knew one for Joe Comfort's Ranch. She gave me a key chain that had a spinny thing on it. When you flicked it, a man and a women did the nasty. Still have it somewhere.

kb2vxa
05-25-2012, 08:43 PM
"It smells very fishy !!!"

Here, this should take care of it.

KC2UGV
05-25-2012, 08:46 PM
I don't think it would be too big a deal in my company, as long as it occurred during lunch, or other off hours. Maybe a write-up for using the wrong restroom.

People have sex. Who gives a fuck as long as they are productive as employees?

NA4BH
05-25-2012, 08:52 PM
People have sex. Who gives a fuck as long as they are REproductive as employees?

Brainstorming

W5GA
05-25-2012, 09:16 PM
So, if a couple crashes on your desk in the throes of passion, you're ok with it, regardless of whether or not it disrupts your day?

KC2UGV
05-25-2012, 09:22 PM
So, if a couple crashes on your desk in the throes of passion, you're ok with it, regardless of whether or not it disrupts your day?

As long as I'm not sitting there, I don't give a fuck. If they don't disrupt me, in my office, I don't give a shit.

W5GA
05-25-2012, 09:51 PM
As long as I'm not sitting there, I don't give a fuck. If they don't disrupt me, in my office, I don't give a shit.
You have zero concept of leadership.

N2RJ
05-25-2012, 10:06 PM
I don't think it would be too big a deal in my company, as long as it occurred during lunch, or other off hours. Maybe a write-up for using the wrong restroom.

What if it's a manager and a subordinate?

KG4CGC
05-25-2012, 10:08 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/Aliens%20Guy/61cb7705.jpg

N2RJ
05-25-2012, 10:10 PM

Workplace restrooms arent very private.

N2RJ
05-25-2012, 10:12 PM

Better not hope you have to actually deal with this.

KC2UGV
You have zero concept of leadership.

Really? Because I don't give a fuck as long as they are productive employees?

I don't care what happens during free time, as long as my employees do what they need to do. I treat my subordinates as adults, who can manage their time.

What if it's a manager and a subordinate?

Well, that could cause some issues.

NA4BH
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/Aliens%20Guy/61cb7705.jpg

:rofl:

KC2UGV
05-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Better not hope you have to actually deal with this.

Why? Because I treat employees like adults that don't need babysitting all the time?

N2RJ
05-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Why? Because I treat employees like adults that don't need babysitting all the time?

I stand by what I said.

NA4BH
05-25-2012, 10:24 PM
I stand by what I said.

The wife, an HR person approves of this message.

KC2UGV
05-25-2012, 10:24 PM
I stand by what I said.

You also only care about you, and don't give a shit about others. So, it's expected you would want to control people like children.

I don't give a shit, as long as employees are productive. When productivity takes a hit, then I need to start looking at things like interpersonal relationships.

NA4BH
05-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Or when spouses come in shooting the office up.

KC2UGV
05-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Or when spouses come in shooting the office up.Wow, you need to look for a better employer, one that offers better life counseling benefits, like LifeWorks. We don't need to worry about shite like that. We resolve it before it's an issue.

W4GPL
05-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Corey seems to think his company is immune from civil law suits by employees who feel they were sexually harassed or made to feel uncomfortable in a sexual way. I seriously suggest you take a course in risk management.

KC2UGV
05-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Corey seems to think his company is immune from civil law suits by employees who feel they were sexually harassed or made to feel uncomfortable in a sexual way. I seriously suggest you take a course in risk management.

Hardly. Been there. Done that. We learned it's better to treat employees like adults, it leads to fewer lawsuits when we treat all employees like adults. It's why we're the leader in diversity, we learned from the lawsuits, instead of retreating into a shell.

NA4BH
05-25-2012, 10:37 PM
As an old boss/owner of the company told me once, "Don't drag your peter through the payroll".

NA4BH
05-25-2012, 10:38 PM
It's all good until one of them feels JILTED.

W4GPL
05-25-2012, 10:38 PM
And what happens when one of those people you're supposedly treating as an adult drags into court anyway? Do you somehow thing "acting like adults" is a legit defense against a hostile workplace? Personally, I think sexual harassment policies tend to be over the top, but thousands upon thousands of companies get their ass handed to them all the time in civil court for just this sort of scenario. You're living in some sort of fantasy world.

NA4BH
05-25-2012, 10:41 PM
And what happens when one of those people you're supposedly treating as an adult drags into court anyway? Do you somehow thing "acting like adults" is a legit defense against a hostile workplace? Personally, I think sexual harassment policies tend to be over the top, but thousands upon thousands of companies get their ass handed to them all the time in civil court for just this sort of scenario. You're living in some sort of fantasy world.

He's yanking your lariat.

KG4CGC
05-25-2012, 10:42 PM
He's yanking your lariat.

Perhaps, floating a turd?

W4GPL
05-25-2012, 10:43 PM
My experience is that dumb and human resources go hand in hand.

The wife, an HR person approves of this message.:whistle: Sorry. ;)

W4GPL
05-25-2012, 10:44 PM
He's yanking your lariat.For the sake of his financial future, I sure hope so.

NA4BH
05-25-2012, 10:45 PM
:whistle: Sorry. ;)

None needed. Shes blonde. :rofl:

DUCK !!!!!

NA4BH
05-25-2012, 10:49 PM
The stuff that the wife has to deal with is so trivial as some one commenting as to how "Beautiful" a dress some one is wearing, they take that as an advancement towards them. Fscking anywhere on the property? Doesn't matter if you're married or advancing your career, GOOD-BYE.

n2ize
05-25-2012, 10:51 PM
"It smells very fishy !!!"

Here, this should take care of it.

^^^^ :hahano:

XE1/N5AL
05-25-2012, 10:52 PM
I worked at a company where a couple of employees were regularly doing the deed in an office cubicle after working hours. Twice, they were caught in the act by two different regular employees who kept their mouths shut about the incidents. The third time they were caught by a high-ranking female manager who had their jobs promptly terminated. Since our office building was literally surrounded by hotels, I don't know why those two didn't just get a room!

W4GPL
05-25-2012, 10:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHTqLq1nnvA
;)

KC2UGV
05-25-2012, 10:54 PM

When you treat people like adults, they act like adults. When you put everyone on par, they act as they are on par.

NA4BH
05-25-2012, 10:56 PM
When you treat people like adults, they act like adults. When you put everyone on par, they act as they are on par.

And when the judicial system comes knocking, you're right in the middle of it.

KC2UGV
05-25-2012, 10:58 PM
For the sake of his financial future, I sure hope so.

Again, when you treat people like adults, they act like adults. The little "screwing in the copier room" issue just seem to disappear.... My company can do training on how to handle adult issues in the workplace, if you like.

n2ize
05-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Hardly. Been there. Done that. We learned it's better to treat employees like adults, it leads to fewer lawsuits when we treat all employees like adults. It's why we're the leader in diversity, we learned from the lawsuits, instead of retreating into a shell.

I understand your point and for the most part I would agree with you. At the same time, I don't want people copulating in plain view in my place of work. That includes a bathroom where other employees might witness what is going on. It is unsanitary, it is rude, it is inappropriate. Now, frankly if 2 people decide on their own that they want to "get it on" I wouldn't really care as long as they are discreet and chose a place where I and others don't have to see them. In the old days people would go off into the dark woods of to some secluded space where it would be private and not in view of others. It is a matter of respect. I respect their right to "get it on" privately and discretely if they respect my right not to have to see them do it or know about it.

AFAIC People can have all the sex they want to. I just have one simple request. I don;t want to see it, I don;t want to hear it, I don't want to know about it. It's a matter of simple mutual respect and basic decency.

W4GPL
05-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Again, when you treat people like adults, they act like adults. The little "screwing in the copier room" issue just seem to disappear.... My company can do training on how to handle adult issues in the workplace, if you like.:lol: Yeah, wait for my call...

KC2UGV
05-25-2012, 11:02 PM
And when the judicial system comes knocking, you're right in the middle of it.

Amazingly, these issues just disappear once you start treating employees like adults, rather than children. Again, my employer offer HR training for your HR department if you like. We rank #1 in several Diversity and HR rankings.

KG4CGC
05-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Folks, please be discrete.
Thank You.

KC2UGV
05-25-2012, 11:04 PM
:lol: Yeah, wait for my call...

And, you'll continue to treat your employees like children, and the wonder why they act like children?

NA4BH
05-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Amazingly, these issues just disappear once you start treating employees like adults, rather than children. Again, my employer offer HR training for your HR department if you like. We rank #1 in several Diversity and HR rankings.

:werd: = BULLSHIT

NA4BH
05-25-2012, 11:10 PM
So you're saying that if I bop one of the employees, on a desk during business hours while everyone is watching, yet remain productive, there would be no problem? Can you fax me an application? This reminds me of the punchline for a joke, "I came to sing a little bass and help with the fucking".

KG4CGC
05-25-2012, 11:11 PM
If you treat people like idiots, they'll act like idiots. If you treat people like adults and they act like idiots then they're not mature enough to work in your group.
Moral of the story: Don't hire idiots and if you do, show them the door quickly (for they may not even know what a door is)

n2ize
05-25-2012, 11:17 PM
So you're saying that if I bop one of the employees, on a desk during business hours while everyone is watching, yet remain productive, there would be no problem? Can you fax me an application? This reminds me of the punchline for a joke, "I came to sing a little bass and help with the fucking".

If you treat people like adults they are less likely to do foolish things. The more a management treats people like high school kids the more people try and get away with shit, even if its just to prove they can get away with it. There is truth to that. However, the screwing in view of others is just plain inappropriate. They should go some place private to do that.

NA4BH
05-25-2012, 11:18 PM
If you treat people like adults they are less likely to do foolish things. The more a management treats people like high school kids the more people try and get away with shit, even if its just to prove they can get away with it. There is truth to that. However, the screwing in view of others is just plain inappropriate. They should go some place private to do that.

LOL

W4GPL
05-25-2012, 11:19 PM
Moral of the story: Don't hire idiots and if you do, show them the door quickly (for they may not even know what a door is)This is the problem. Eventually as your company grows and you hire more & more people, you're run into a litigious jerkoff that will run to a lawyer in 5 minutes no matter how adult and professional you think everyone is. And the defense in a civil trial of 'welp, we told everyone to act like adults!' is just going to get you laughed out of court with a nice big judgement against you to boot.

n2ize
05-25-2012, 11:22 PM
This is the problem. Eventually as your company grows and you hire more & more people, you're run into a litigious jerkoff that will run to a lawyer in 5 minutes no matter how adult and professional you think everyone is.

So let the idiot litigate. it's not going to prove anything.

W4GPL
05-25-2012, 11:23 PM
So let the idiot litigate. it's not going to prove anything.If there was truly a hostile workplace, do you expect all the employees to perjure themselves when called in for a deposition? I love this non-litigious utopia you all seem to want to live in, sign me up -- but it doesn't exist.

NA4BH
05-25-2012, 11:23 PM

Again I LOL. The employer is just as guilty if not more.

KG4CGC
05-25-2012, 11:25 PM
This is the problem. Eventually as your company grows and you hire more & more people, you're run into a litigious jerkoff that will run to a lawyer in 5 minutes no matter how adult and professional you think everyone is. And the defense in a civil trial of 'welp, we told everyone to act like adults!' is just going to get you laughed out of court with a nice big judgement against you to boot.

Thus, this is why more work environments have cameras.

NA4BH
05-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Thus, this is why more work environments have cameras.

You got it. It ain't big brother, it's big HR/LEGAL.

KG4CGC
05-25-2012, 11:36 PM
aka, Little Brother.
Why do I have cameras in my yard? Because one neighbor who ruined it for everyone else. I guess when you live your life by mixing meth, crack, alcohol and marijuana together, you have chosen a new career based on putting a notch on your belt for each time you get locked up for being an idiot.

NA4BH
05-25-2012, 11:58 PM
I'm still waiting for the job application to be faxed to me. If all the employees, when treated like adults, will give up the cooter that easy, sign me up. I will act like an adult too. But when I leave one of them in CUM SHOCK don't be coming to me with your legal stuff. The company endorses it.

Chocked Full- O- Jake.

KG4CGC
05-26-2012, 12:01 AM
I'm still waiting for the job application to be faxed to me. If all the employees, when treated like adults, will give up the cooter that easy, sign me up. I will act like an adult too. But when I leave one of them in CUM SHOCK don't be coming to me with your legal stuff. The company endorses it.

Chocked Full- O- Jake.

... and a Norbecker.

NA4BH
05-26-2012, 12:02 AM
... and a Norbecker.

Whip out your Norbecker

VE7DCW
05-26-2012, 12:08 AM
Whip out your Norbecker

I'll bet you're talking dirty now ...... :spin:

n2ize
05-26-2012, 12:13 AM
I remember a place in the Bronx where a guy was litigating against his employer. He was on his way to see his lawyer when a car pulled up along side him and two big guys in suits got out and left him with two broken lega and two broken arms. The litigation ended at that point.

Those mob guys in the Bronx were rough. But they were good guys at heart. You need anything they'd get it for you. Get in a jam and they get you out. as long as you respect them they would be respecting you.

NQ6U
05-26-2012, 01:19 AM
I want to go work for Corey's company. It sounds like they have a veritable fuck-fest going on there.

n2ize
05-26-2012, 03:13 AM
If there was truly a hostile workplace, do you expect all the employees to perjure themselves when called in for a deposition? I love this non-litigious utopia you all seem to want to live in, sign me up -- but it doesn't exist.

It may not exist but what Corey is saying is true. I know the type of company he is talking about, I've worked in that sort of place. The boss generally treats everyone like adults and doesn't pamper them with a million rules and rituals. As a result the employees were more loyal and far less likely to steal, break or bend rules, misbehave on the premises, and/or litigate. There was a mutal respect between the employer and the employees. Were there rules ?? Sure. But the good part was that it was very rare that the rulebook had to be taken out and/or anyone had to be reprimanded or disciplined.

KB3LAZ
05-26-2012, 04:54 AM
My experience is that dumb and human resources go hand in hand.

I dont think truer words have been spoken.

KC2UGV
05-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Folks, please be discrete.
Thank You.

Exactly.

KC2UGV
05-26-2012, 08:20 AM
:werd: = BULLSHIT

Really?

Well, it would be presumed you would be causing a disturbance, and reducing productivity for others, so it would be an issue. But, fucking in the rest room, or in the copier room after hours? Who cares.

It may not exist but what Corey is saying is true. I know the type of company he is talking about, I've worked in that sort of place. The boss generally treats everyone like adults and doesn't pamper them with a million rules and rituals. As a result the employees were more loyal and far less likely to steal, break or bend rules, misbehave on the premises, and/or litigate. There was a mutal respect between the employer and the employees. Were there rules ?? Sure. But the good part was that it was very rare that the rulebook had to be taken out and/or anyone had to be reprimanded or disciplined.

Exactly!

KB3LAZ
05-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Really?

Well, it would be presumed you would be causing a disturbance, and reducing productivity for others, so it would be an issue. But, fucking in the rest room, or in the copier room after hours? Who cares.

Exactly!

I care if I am forced to use that bathroom. Or if I get their junk stains on my hands when using the copier. Or a paper cut and then their junk stains which may contain traces of an STD or illness if they so have one.

Simply put, its disrespectful and plain unsanitary. I dont piss in the trash can, dont blow your load on the copy machine!

You say treat them like adults and they will act like it? I dont think that fucking in a restroom is very adult like. First of all it is plain stupid. Restrooms are filthy even after cleaned. Do they have any idea what they are opening themselves up to? Again, that sounds more like something a Sr High student would do in school.

KC2UGV
05-26-2012, 08:54 AM
I care if I am forced to use that bathroom. Or if I get their junk stains on my hands when using the copier. Or a paper cut and then their junk stains which may contain traces of an STD or illness if they so have one.

Simply put, its disrespectful and plain unsanitary. I dont piss in the trash can, dont blow your load on the copy machine!

You say treat them like adults and they will act like it? I dont think that fucking in a restroom is very adult like. First of all it is plain stupid. Restrooms are filthy even after cleaned. Do they have any idea what they are opening themselves up to? Again, that sounds more like something a Sr High student would do in school.

Amazingly, when you don't go out of your way to treat adults like kids, these sorts of issues hardly happen, and if they do, you never find out. Goes back to adults will act like adults when treated like adults; and they will act like kids when you treat them like kids.

KC2UGV
05-26-2012, 09:01 AM
I want to go work for Corey's company. It sounds like they have a veritable fuck-fest going on there.

Shockingly, it isn't. Because we treat people here like adults, and employees don't feel the need to be a "rebel".

KB3LAZ
05-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Amazingly, when you don't go out of your way to treat adults like kids, these sorts of issues hardly happen, and if they do, you never find out. Goes back to adults will act like adults when treated like adults; and they will act like kids when you treat them like kids.

I will go out on a limb here and say that it also has to do with the work environment as well as the average employe. When I started managing it was on the floor of a mill. No matter how you were to treat people the average worker had the mentality of either a teenager or a gangster. This may also have something to do with the times, of that I am not sure.

All, I am saying is that fucking in a public restroom is icky and inappropriate. Not saying that your employes will partake in such actions.

I do however understand where you are coming from. I treated my employes well, and like adults, most of them returned the favor. I dont know how others feel about this but treating them with respect is one thing, treating them like friends is another. Personally, I did not associate with my employes outside of work nor did I look at them as friends per se. A trait probably picked up from my father. I have seen others that do treat them employes like their friends, go out with them after work, etc and it tends to bite them in the ass.

Two different subjects, I know, but it was on my mind.

Again, as I said, in my workplace more often than not most people were not mature enough to act like adults no matter how they were treated. Unless, they were over 50.

Edit

On a side note, one would think that I would be treated with a lack of respect or at least differently. I guess the old way of thinking about your boss being young enough to be your grandchild, yet I have never had that issue.

N2RJ
05-26-2012, 08:51 PM

man you are getting GOOD at trolling. For a minute there I thought you were serious.

W4GPL
05-26-2012, 09:10 PM
man you are getting GOOD at trolling. For a minute there I thought you were serious.No kidding. You'd think at some point he'd want to drop the bullshit persona and actually be a real person -- but that ship has sailed.

n2ize
05-27-2012, 01:35 AM

Well, I would care. It's neither polite nor sanitary. It is not respectful towards me or others. Besides, if people want to do that they should at least be discrete. There are plenty of better and much more secluded places where they can go to do that.

But yeah, generally if you hire intelligent people and give them respect and you don;t constantly treat them like they are on parole and hound them with rules, random drug tests, and other degrading nonsense they will (most of the time) give you the same respect in return, will give you good job performance, and will usually not do things like boffing in the work place.

KG4CGC
05-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Sanitary is a misnomer. NOTHING is sanitary.

KG4NEL
05-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Certainly nothing fun is.

n2ize
05-27-2012, 05:11 PM
In high school a friend of mine used to drive the jocks and freaks in the neighborhood crazy. He was a short skinny Pakistani kid and they would always pick on him in school. He wore long hair and in the summer always wore shorts and no shirt. Well, one summer he really pissed off the jocks. He was always seen around the neighborhood hanging around with the hottest chick anyone ever set eyes on. I mean this dame had a body to die for. She had long wavy dirty blonde hair down to her ass, she wore these ultra short cutoff denim shorts, and the skimpiest halter top you've ever seen. Every time they would walk past the jocks and freaks you'd see them burning with envy. I used to die laughing.. Those were some great times.

kb2vxa
05-27-2012, 06:11 PM
A little car washing action and things would start popping!

kf0rt
05-27-2012, 09:09 PM
What you did there...

"We don't file those, sir. We rate them."