PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Jazz and Swing

n2ize
05-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Speaking of Jazz and Swing here is a band from my local area. It's called "Greg Westhoff and the Westchester Swing Band".. Greg Westhoff is the drummer in the band. If the name Greg Westhoff sounds familiar you might rrecognize him as the drummer from a band called "Walter Murray and the Big Apple Band". In the mid 70's during the disco era they had a hit called "A Fifth of Beethoven" which made it will into the top 40's and received a lot of airtime.

But I remember Greg Westhoff for a different reason. He was the music teacher / band teacher at my high school. I used to see him every day in school. I'm so glad to hear he's still active in music.

In any event here is his Swing Band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1uPBusO6ow

kb2vxa
05-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Great band and they're TIGHT! Too bad I couldn't listen to the whole thing, too much wash off that brick wall putting a sharp edge on the sound and a peanut gallery that wouldn't STFU.

n2ize
05-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Great band and they're TIGHT! Too bad I couldn't listen to the whole thing, too much wash off that brick wall putting a sharp edge on the sound and a peanut gallery that wouldn't STFU.

Greg Westhoff is an awesome drummer. I remember seeing him behind the drum kit playing the drums solo in the band room at my high school on a few occaision. He was incredible. I hope to catch one of their gigs in the area sometime soon.

kb2vxa
05-24-2012, 01:43 PM
They perform once a month at 12 Grapes and your chance comes up on June 24 5:30 to 8:00pm.

12 North Division Street · Peekskill, NY 10566 · 914.737.6624
Open for Dinner Tuesday – Friday · Brunch & Dinner Saturday – Sunday
Reservations Recommended · Catering & Private Parties Welcome