PDA

View Full Version : KB3LAZ .... HB Travis

VE7DCW
05-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Time to sink your teeth into another one ....a Happy Birthday that is! :dance:

N8YX
05-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Barkeeper, get that gent some Type O Negative!

kf0rt
05-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Barkeeper, get that gent some Type O Negative!

Whut the doc ordered! HB, Travis!

N2CHX
05-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Happy Birthday, Travis!

N8YX
05-21-2012, 08:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haQFP_WikhQ

K7SGJ
05-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Happy Birthday Barcelona style. I hope you get Olaid.

NQ6U
05-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Happy birthday, Travis! Go out and have some tapas tonight.

KG4CGC
05-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Step One:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/bloodbag.jpg

Step Two:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/Blood-Drain.gif

NQ6U
05-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Wouldn't a bottle of this be easier?

http://www.moviereplicasdirect.com/product_images/n/487/tru_blood_single__29982_zoom.jpg

NA4BH
05-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Happy Birthday Barcelona style. I hope you get Olaid.

I LOLed You should see a Pis-sy-chi-a-trist or a Pis-sy-co-animalist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vklcH9lyrNk

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Travis

N2RJ
05-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Happy Birthday Travis!

PA5COR
05-22-2012, 02:15 AM
Happy Birthday Travis, now you are in my timezone my posts are more in your time as being ahead in time for the rest ;)

KB3LAZ
05-22-2012, 03:54 AM
Good morning, and thank you everyone. Did my Bday fun on the weekend. Though, we are going out to dinner tonight and Pilar is cooking be breakfast atm. xD

ki4itv
05-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Happy Birthday OM!
(We all pretty much assume you'll get laid)

KB3LAZ
05-22-2012, 07:10 AM
Happy Birthday OM!
(We all pretty much assume you'll get laid)

Already did.

KC2UGV
05-22-2012, 07:18 AM
Happy Birthday mate!

VK3ZL
05-22-2012, 07:34 AM
Have a good one Travis....

Bob..VK3ZL..

N8GAV
05-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Happy Birthday Travis

W3WN
05-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Already did.Fangs for the memories...

(sorry, I'm not real sharp this early in the morning)

hb2u

suddenseer
05-22-2012, 08:18 AM
Happy Birthday bro. I hope all of your birthday wishes become reality.

KB3LAZ
05-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Happy Birthday bro. I hope all of your birthday wishes become reality.

Most. I want a puppy. That however really isnt a good idea at the time. We will wait till this fall once our plans are rock solid.

WØTKX
05-22-2012, 10:19 AM
http://media.cakecentral.com/gallery/795912/600-1290374110.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UXLYAim7OOU/SnMJfVfDa6I/AAAAAAAAAdM/ipT8YqmZamU/s400/Vampalicious.+You+Don%27t+Scare+Me.jpg

KG4CGC
05-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Fang cake and caped puppy. What more could a vamper want?
A stable of donors which you can select from? Hmmm. I see.

KB3LAZ
05-22-2012, 10:29 AM
A stable of donors which you can select from? Hmmm. I see.

xD No worries, your bag o blood has been a yearly favorite of mine.

W3WN
05-22-2012, 01:22 PM
A stable of donors which you can select from? Hmmm. I see.Melissa/Gretchen, ah, vamping Elvira?

KB3LAZ
05-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Score. My MIL just bought lamb to make for dinner tomorrow. xD Tonight she is taking Pili and I out for my birthday.

K7SGJ
05-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Most. I want a puppy. That however really isn't a good idea at the time. We will wait till this fall once our plans are rock solid.

Damn, Travis. I had one here a minute ago I was going to send to you, but the little bastid disappeared. How about I send you what he left behind? I'll even put a few candles in it.

KB3LAZ
05-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Damn, Travis. I had one here a minute ago I was going to send to you, but the little bastid disappeared. How about I send you what he left behind? I'll even put a few candles in it.

Ew. Lol.

koØm
05-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Happy Birthday, Travis!

¡Feliz cumpleaños Travis!

"KOØM"....El pequeño gigante del HamIsland.

BTW, My Yaesy FT-101E is 2 years older than Travis and still has the original PA Tubes in it.

NQ6U
05-22-2012, 10:57 PM
My Yaesy FT-101E is 2 years older than Travis and still has the original PA Tubes in it.

Travis still has all his original tubes as well.

KB3LAZ
05-23-2012, 04:17 AM
¡Feliz cumpleaños Travis!

"KOØM"....El pequeño gigante del HamIsland.

BTW, My Yaesy FT-101E is 2 years older than Travis and still has the original PA Tubes in it.

Muchas gracias.

ad4mg
05-23-2012, 04:44 AM
Already did.

:shock:

Oh, my bad. I keep forgetting you grew up... :-D

Happy Birthday, big guy! (albeit a day late - I'm on vacation)

ki4itv
05-23-2012, 04:55 AM
^^^I know. Right!

**Let's see here...Luke's been on Reality Island for three days already, yet only late by one?
Dude, do I have to come down there and help you catch up on throwin' down? ;):lol:

W4GPL
05-23-2012, 04:57 AM
Happy Birthday man!

Sorry for the belated well wishes, hope it was a great one. :)

KB3LAZ
05-23-2012, 05:48 AM
:shock:

Oh, my bad. I keep forgetting you grew up... :-D

Happy Birthday, big guy! (albeit a day late - I'm on vacation)

That I did, and thank you.

Happy Birthday man!

Sorry for the belated well wishes, hope it was a great one. :)

No worries and thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol, I was an adult when I joined the island. Also when I started posting on QRZ and met most of you. However, I do know what you mean. I have been talking to some of you guys since I was 16 years old as a ham and some since before I was a ham via third party or other means such as the phone.

I have been on this island of misfits since I was 20 years old and it may not seem it, particularly to those that have me by a few decades, but 5 years seems like a life time ago. And though I was already grown in a sense many of you have seen me mature (at least a little) over my years here on the island as well as on the zed where many of us first met. That is the thing about this hobby but particularly the group here on this site, you are family to me. Through you I have grown and will continue to do so day after day, weeks will turn to months and months to years. And one day before I know it, I will be the OM elmering in the new generation, a change that will have taken place right in front of my very two eyes and yet to this I will be blind until one day it just hits me.

The honest truth is that many of you know more about my life and my personal decisions than many of my blood family members. I have always been a private person with much of my family. It is like Corey once said, it is not blood ties that make family but rather the feelings, emotion, support, memories, and effort put forth and in that aspect many of you have been more like family to me than my own flesh and blood. (I know that is not exactly what you said but I think for once we are on the same page with this one, Corey.)

I would sincerely like to thank all of you for the birthday wishes as well as everything else you have done for me over the years. You have not cast me aside or simply written me off as some punk kid over the years but rather taken the time and patience with me to explain things, even when you really didnt need to. Again, thank you all.

ad4mg
05-23-2012, 06:45 AM
^^^I know. Right!

**Let's see here...Luke's been on Reality Island for three days already, yet only late by one?
Dude, do I have to come down there and help you catch up on throwin' down? ;):lol:

We redefined 'drunk fishing' yesterday. Drunken idiots digging furiously for fiddler crabs to use as bait (squid wasn't getting it done). I would have pictures except I was busy participating.

We actually drew a crowd on the beach, unusual because these people down here have just about seen it all.

4 hours, over 1 case of beer, lots of bait, and a helluva sunburn. We caught 1 fish, which was so small, we cut it up for more (different) bait. I wonder sometimes how we managed to claw our way to the top of the food chain...:lol:

suddenseer
05-23-2012, 06:52 AM
That I did, and thank you.

No worries and thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol, I was an adult when I joined the island. Also when I started posting on QRZ and met most of you. However, I do know what you mean. I have been talking to some of you guys since I was 16 years old as a ham and some since before I was a ham via third party or other means such as the phone.

I have been on this island of misfits since I was 20 years old and it may not seem it, particularly to those that have me by a few decades, but 5 years seems like a life time ago. And though I was already grown in a sense many of you have seen me mature (at least a little) over my years here on the island as well as on the zed where many of us first met. That is the thing about this hobby but particularly the group here on this site, you are family to me. Through you I have grown and will continue to do so day after day, weeks will turn to months and months to years. And one day before I know it, I will be the OM elmering in the new generation, a change that will have taken place right in front of my very two eyes and yet to this I will be blind until one day it just hits me.

The honest truth is that many of you know more about my life and my personal decisions than many of my blood family members. I have always been a private person with much of my family. It is like Corey once said, it is not blood ties that make family but rather the feelings, emotion, support, memories, and effort put forth and in that aspect many of you have been more like family to me than my own flesh and blood. (I know that is not exactly what you said but I think for once we are on the same page with this one, Corey.)

I would sincerely like to thank all of you for the birthday wishes as well as everything else you have done for me over the years. You have not cast me aside or simply written me off as some punk kid over the years but rather taken the time and patience with me to explain things, even when you really didnt need to. Again, thank you all.Wow. I have only been on the Island like 3 years. I assumed by your writing style, and choice of words that you were much older. Your wisdom comes off like a much older man. I had no clue.

KB3LAZ
05-23-2012, 07:56 AM
Wow. I have only been on the Island like 3 years. I assumed by your writing style, and choice of words that you were much older. Your wisdom comes off like a much older man. I had no clue.

If you do the math I have only been here for 4 years and some change. I was just going by the age I joined. Glanced down at my join date and it is 08. =P Either way, sometimes it feels like it has only been a few weeks or months. However, when I think about it, it is had for me to remember not posting on the island. I did troll as a guest for quite some time, lol.

As for my age, I get that a lot from people. In fact when I first met my wife to be she thought I was in my thirties for months. I suppose it has to do a lot with the fact that I was basically raised by my grandfather. Always going to ham events, auctions, flea-markets, etc. From the age of 5 to the age of 23 I did the same thing every weekend. Saturdays were for coffee with local ham friends of my grandfathers (after some time my friends as well), lunch with grandpa in the afternoon, the auction in the evening, and spotting at night. Sundays were similar, coffee with the same gents then off to the flea-market or hamfest. Some Saturdays it was off to the local 911 building for ham tests.

During my adult years, ages 18-20 week days started to have a similar setting. I worked evenings and went to school three days a week. Before school and on my days off it was coffee every morning with the same group of fellas + some other locals at the local family run coffee shop. Aside from that Friday nights were spent at the local cigar shop having a smoke and a coffee with some nice older gents. Often times talking about antique furniture, history, or cigars.

I have never (other than school) really had much exposure to my own generation.