PDA

View Full Version : N8YX

Happy_Hamer
05-21-2012, 07:19 AM
Fred,

Nice meeting you and your wife at Dayton, wish we could have spent more time walking around.

15 minutes after you pointed me toward that person selling the Drakes, my buddy spent $1500 buying a few of them and we loaded them in the car and spent the rest of the time inside the arena spending money.

N8YX
05-21-2012, 07:31 AM
Bill,

Likewise...I love spending other people's money for them! :lol:

We'll do that again some day...might have to ride out to your neck of the woods on the mo'sickles and take in a hamfest.

Meanwhile...no excuses:

Happy_Hamer
05-21-2012, 07:50 AM
I was at the at the Alinco booth and put 27.185 on their new SDR and some ham walking past had a fit and practically shoved me out of the way to change it LOL

People need a sense of humor lol

N2RJ
05-21-2012, 10:51 AM
I used to set all the radios to 14.275

Met Fred and 'DSG a few years ago. Nice folks.

KB3LAZ
05-21-2012, 10:54 AM
I used to set all the radios to 14.275

Met Fred and 'DSG a few years ago. Nice folks.

Very nice folks. I have had the pleasure of meeting them on several occasions.

PA5COR
05-21-2012, 11:12 AM
11 Meter is practically dead here, -Justme- on there, sometimes just listening there but no peep only when the band opens lots of foreign stations.

Most people here play around on our free radio band 443 MHZ or on 70 cm's wit "10 milliwatt" stuff ( yaesu kenwood etc.) on 50 watts or so.
Our FCC not doing a lot to take them out there, just the few that overdo thier stay there a bit by being rude.

Some piracy just below the Ham bands where the pirates created their ham bands.
The odd one in the hambands, but i mostly look up callsigns, and if i fail to find the call i just break off the qso.

Looks more interesting on the other side of the pond then ;)

N2RJ
05-21-2012, 11:28 AM
We have pirate radio all over the place.

Below and above 40m is popular for pirate and clandestine radio.

11 meters "superbowl" is popular here too. Lots of overloaded "big strappers" there.

N8YX
05-21-2012, 01:37 PM
We have pirate radio all over the place.

Below and above 40m is popular for pirate and clandestine radio.

11 meters "superbowl" is popular here too. Lots of overloaded "big strappers" there.
A lot of the 'strappers' were in attendance at the Hamvention.

5 minutes after I set that IC-7700 on da 'Bowl (then surreptitiously pressed the "Lock" key), the Icomnauts had disconnected the thing and whisked it away. Might be helpful to learn how to operate your own gear, fellas...:rofl:

ki4itv
05-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Dude. That's funny.

N2RJ
05-21-2012, 02:35 PM

Duck pluckas too?

5 minutes after I set that IC-7700 on da 'Bowl (then surreptitiously pressed the "Lock" key), the Icomnauts had disconnected the thing and whisked it away. Might be helpful to learn how to operate your own gear, fellas...:rofl:

I ought to teach them a thing or two. The "lock" button is one of my faves. :lol:

W3WN
05-21-2012, 03:05 PM

5 minutes after I set that IC-7700 on da 'Bowl (then surreptitiously pressed the "Lock" key), the Icomnauts had disconnected the thing and whisked it away. Might be helpful to learn how to operate your own gear, fellas...:rofl:Now that's funny! :twisted:

suddenseer
05-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Very nice folks. I have had the pleasure of meeting them on several occasions.I agree, they are very nice, 'normal' folks, which often makes them abnormal amateur radio licensee's. I enjoyed a nice quiet dinner, and libations with them last weekend.