PDA

View Full Version : I gave away my Dell Laptop today.....

KA9MOT
05-15-2012, 10:04 PM
My son goes to school with a young lady (aged 13) who has not been getting her work in on time because she had no computer and I decided to give her that Dell I was trying to sell. I sent Stevie to school with a note for her mom that detailed what I wanted to do but I needed her permission to do it.

Mom called me, and we set up a time after school to give the kid the computer. I expected Mom and her daughter to show up. Instead, Mom and 6 kids aging from 13 years to an infant showed up. She had no control, I had little monsters running all over the house while she explained to us that she was a single mom with no job who lived in housing and received welfare and food stamps. Mellisa asked about the children's father and it turns out most of these kids have different daddies, and she is very proud that she is raising them as a single parent. No Job, No car and she pays $89 a month for a 3 bedroom apartment. But her future is improving. She very excitedly told my wife that the 3rd or 4th kid's dad asked her to marry him and he has promised to get a good job and support the family (get this) as soon as they release him from the county jail. I almost fell out of my chair trying not to laugh. She did not say why he is in jail.

The whole time she was here, she neglected her children, got angry when I spoke sharply to a 3 year old who was pulling the ears and tail off my cat and was constantly texting on her Galaxy S smartphone.... yes, I asked... I always ask about the phones cuzz I'm nosy.

The girl who got the computer was very soft spoken and well behaved. I'm glad I gave her the computer, but I am deeply disturbed about her family life. I feel Mom's irresponsibility is a form of child abuse and I seriously wonder about the futures of these children.

I just wanted to talk about it. Thanks for allowing me to vent here.

n2ize
05-16-2012, 03:25 AM
Unfortunately this is a condition that exists. The Mom, like so many in her situation, no job, trying to raise more than one kid with more than one father, one guy in jail who she thinks is going to come back to her when he gets out, etc. You can;t entirely blame the Mom, she's in a rut and probably doesn't even know how to go about getting out of it. And she would probably look at constructive criticism more as an attack against her than a attempt to tryto reinforce change and a way of getting out of the rut she's in. I've been in a few ruts myself and I know how hard it can be to motivate yourself to climb out of a rut. You just feel like you are at the bottom of a deep pit and the entire weight of the world is coming down on you. Sometimes it feels like change is impossible.

Far as the 13 year old not getting her work done, I really doubt its because she had no computer. Lots of young kids these days still have no computer yet they still manage to get their work done. Usually the school will have some computers available and there is also the public library. besides, what happened to good ol' fashioned pencil, paper, and books ? Even nowaday's they still do work.The computer may help her somewhat but I wonder if it has more to do with her home life not being conducive to study and homework.

In any event I hope the child makes out okay. And I hope the Mom gets her life in order.

N8YX
05-16-2012, 05:16 AM
This is why we can't have nice things, and is a prime indicator of why the generational welfare system needs to be stopped in its tracks.

Good for you for helping the girl out, Steve...but the mother and father(s) involved all need a serious ass-kicking. If they refuse to work...there's always the ObamaCamps.

WØTKX
05-16-2012, 07:20 AM
Steve, see if there is a Big Sister group that can help her out. Or 4H, or something. Learning about the outside world in an optimistic way would help to show that it gets better. Especially for kids who get it, learning and thriving even with a rough start. Even without a lot of $$$, kids have the energy to do well. If they get the right encouragement.

Not all families can do that, and it has nothing to do with the "structure" of the family.

KC2UGV
05-16-2012, 07:58 AM
Without trying to get into the politics of this situation: Our welfare system has a stupid rule the hinders pulling oneself out of this sort of situation. You are not allowed to have a savings account, or else they cut you off.

I found out about this from a friend in this situation. I suggested that while she is staying with us (As well as her daughters), she open a savings account, and drive every last dollar into it that she can.

Then she told me: Then I'd lose the health insurance, due to my assets.

That hurt. What I did, is let her deposit with "First National Bank of Corey", and I'll split the interest earned with her when she makes the withdrawal. Yes, I'm taking the tax hit, but she's trying, and the first step to financial security is an emergency savings. Hard to dig out of debt when you rack up new debt with surprise expenses.

KB3LAZ
05-16-2012, 08:08 AM
Yes, the system is backwards. It as you said hinders people from getting out of the rut and encourages them to stay on the system, so to speak. Once people do get a job their money is held against them in many housing developments and their rent will skyrocket all at once rather than slowing increasing. Again, as you said, people can not save up to get out either as their funds are held against them.

At this point people ask themselves if they should stay on the system, have a roof over their head and food to eat or should they get a job and live in their car if they have one.

Again, I have always thought the system was fucked up. And yes, I do think there are many people that do take advantage of it but in the end it is the people that really need the help that get screwed over.

W3WN
05-16-2012, 08:08 AM
Steve, full credit & kudos for you for trying to do the right thing.

Sad to say, 3 will get you 2 that the laptop is gone or destroyed within a week. I've seen things like that happen before.

WØTKX
05-16-2012, 08:10 AM
This is why those "cash loaded" charge cards are so popular. And the poor that need to use them? Yea, they pay a fee.

Poor people pay more in a lot of cases. But, it's OK, it's their fault. Rental furniture and TV's, anyone?

KB3LAZ
05-16-2012, 08:15 AM
This is why those "cash loaded" charge cards are so popular. And the poor that need to use them? Yea, they pay a fee.

Poor people pay more in a lot of cases. But, it's OK, it's their fault. Rental furniture and TV's, anyone?

Fuck those pre-paid cards. It cost to put money on them, not everywhere takes them, they take money off of you by the month..Yes, I know, if you dont have any other option..

Though, I do have to give some of those rental places credit. My brother who is working his way out of a whole uses Arrons. Yes, they are expensive long term but they have worked with my brother in ways that I would have never expected. Removing entire months payments so that he could catch up, lowering the bill, changing the term, etc. (Not the point and I know that but it just popped into my head.)

kb2crk
05-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Steve
Kudos to you for doing something nice.
As for the welfare system, it is screwed up. It is set up to keep one on the roles and if you try to better yourself you find yourself screwed.
If you do manage to get off of it you have to watch your back as an investigation may follow and then they decide you got too much while you were on it and you have to pay a good deal back.
I know this first hand.

KC2UGV
05-16-2012, 08:31 AM
I'm sorry I jumped on the wrong part of the topic here: Kudos Steve for doing a "Good Thing". That girl will remember you and your family for many years, I'm sure. I echo Dave's suggestion to: See if you can assist in getting her involved in some local education group like 4H, GSA, etc

KB3LAZ
05-16-2012, 08:33 AM
I'm sorry I jumped on the wrong part of the topic here: Kudos Steve for doing a "Good Thing". That girl will remember you and your family for many years, I'm sure. I echo Dave's suggestion to: See if you can assist in getting her involved in some local education group like 4H, GSA, etc

As did I. Yes, Steve, good job but we all already know you have a good heart. =)

KJ3N
05-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Classic case for contraception, but I'm sure her religion forbids it. :roll:

XE1/N5AL
05-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Good job with the computer, Steve. Let's hope that this young student will find a way to break out from the mold her mother has created and become a successful individual. I have seen it happen with other kids.

KG4CGC
05-16-2012, 12:36 PM
Without trying to get into the politics of this situation: Our welfare system has a stupid rule the hinders pulling oneself out of this sort of situation. You are not allowed to have a savings account, or else they cut you off.

I found out about this from a friend in this situation. I suggested that while she is staying with us (As well as her daughters), she open a savings account, and drive every last dollar into it that she can.

Then she told me: Then I'd lose the health insurance, due to my assets.

That hurt. What I did, is let her deposit with "First National Bank of Corey", and I'll split the interest earned with her when she makes the withdrawal. Yes, I'm taking the tax hit, but she's trying, and the first step to financial security is an emergency savings. Hard to dig out of debt when you rack up new debt with surprise expenses.
Did this system you describe start in the 90s? You know, keeping them down and not allowed to have a savings acct?

KG4CGC
05-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Classic case for contraception, but I'm sure her religion forbids it. :roll:

If it didn't before it does now.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/bebop5/drinks/10a0439a.jpg

KC2UGV
05-16-2012, 12:38 PM
Did this system you describe start in the 90s? You know, keeping them down and not allowed to have a savings acct?

Honestly, I don't know.

KG4CGC
05-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Honestly, I don't know.

If you recall, Reagan and Gingrich were responsible for "reforming" the welfare system. I wouldn't be surprised if what was actually accomplished was to make it more punitive.

WØTKX
05-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Well, Clinton got more credit for Welfare to Workfare. But you know, all those moms driving new DeVilles.

W3WN
05-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Did this system you describe start in the 90s? You know, keeping them down and not allowed to have a savings acct?I don't know about that. It may depend on the location, too, as some states have different rules regarding how they distribute welfare funding.

I think the real issue, though, is simply this: No matter how lofty and noble the proposed laws are, and no matter how lofty and noble (and constructive) the goals are... the actual rules and procedures are written not by the law makers, but by the bureaucrats that run the agencies. Too many of these rules are written to actually serve THEIR needs -- to keep their jobs, to keep their control & power(such as it is), and to make their lives easier.

So, for example, a desired outcome of a rule might be that no one with significant assets should receive public assistance... as they clearly have the means to support themselves. Sounds like a good idea, right? But -- where do you draw the line? What is "significant" in this situation... a house? a car? a savings account with $50,000 in it? $5000? $50?

Better & easier -- for the bureaucrats -- to frame the appropriate regulations to just prohibit a savings account, period. Besides, if you're saving money, then The Government must be paying you too much, right?

It just takes a few rules based on fractured logic like this to set up a system that is designed to keep people in, instead of giving them the means to find a way out.

KG4CGC
05-16-2012, 01:29 PM
I don't know about that. It may depend on the location, too, as some states have different rules regarding how they distribute welfare funding.

I think the real issue, though, is simply this: No matter how lofty and noble the proposed laws are, and no matter how lofty and noble (and constructive) the goals are... the actual rules and procedures are written not by the law makers, but by the bureaucrats that run the agencies. Too many of these rules are written to actually serve THEIR needs -- to keep their jobs, to keep their control & power(such as it is), and to make their lives easier.

So, for example, a desired outcome of a rule might be that no one with significant assets should receive public assistance... as they clearly have the means to support themselves. Sounds like a good idea, right? But -- where do you draw the line? What is "significant" in this situation... a house? a car? a savings account with $50,000 in it? $5000? $50?

Better & easier -- for the bureaucrats -- to frame the appropriate regulations to just prohibit a savings account, period. Besides, if you're saving money, then The Government must be paying you too much, right?

It just takes a few rules based on fractured logic like this to set up a system that is designed to keep people in, instead of giving them the means to find a way out.

This sounds logical but I what the information that will specifically put the blame right square on the Republicans.

K7SGJ
05-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Good for you , Steve, for trying to make a difference in someones life. I know that things for you and your family haven't been all roses lately, and that if you had sold the LT you could have put the money to good use. Whether or not it made or will make a difference in the young girls life, you will probably never know, but I'm sure it has made a difference in yours, and that's something to be proud of.

n2ize
05-16-2012, 01:52 PM
This is why we can't have nice things, and is a prime indicator of why the generational welfare system needs to be stopped in its tracks.

I don't think stopping it in its tracks is an answer and, as a matter of fact would probably cause more harm than good. Most welfare recipients use welfare for its intended purpose. as a short term means of maintaining a basic and very minimalist standard of living until they either find employment or, as in a position to do so successfully.

Good for you for helping the girl out, Steve...but the mother and father(s) involved all need a serious ass-kicking. If they refuse to work...there's always the ObamaCamps.

We don't know if they "refuse to work". One father is apparently in jail and obviously cannot work. The mother is in a tough situation, trying to raise more than one kid, and she probably had barely any motivation nor understanding of how to change things.

Falling into the rut of poverty and low income bears a striking and difficult set of problems of both the economic and psychological kinds. many people in those situation lack the social and educational skills required to climb out of the hole they are in. falling into such a situation for an extended length of time often leads these people into a state of despair and apathy. They quickly lose self esteem and motivation along with any sense of self worth that they may have at once had. Furthermore the ability to better ones self(i.e., get a college education, learn a trade or acquire a skill) is out of reach for many.

Statistics that I have personally examined seem to indicate a very high rate of job instability among welfare recipients. In most instances they ended up on welfare after losing a low level job in the service industry, (i.e fast foods, telemarketing, Wallmart clerk, etc.). They go on welfare for the short term and eventually find a new job. But the jobs they do end up finding tend to be unstable and insecure and often find themselves out of work again within a short time and back on the welfare roles. Many, esp those with children need to stay on some form of public assistance while they work as the jobs pay crappy wages, provide minimal (or no) benefits, etc. More often than not they lack the educational background or financial support to further their education. Enrolling in a local college and getting a degree in some profession is simply unattainable..

n2ize
05-16-2012, 02:29 PM
P.S. The lack of such things as affordable child care make it extremely difficult for mothers with children to work. Basic probablity and statistics clearly show that the odds are stacked against children born into poverty, low income,etc. even if the do try hard to better themselves. Of course there are some who beat the odds but that are not the majority. Chances are that if you are born into poverty yiu will be there through most of your life. Even if you are not born into impovershed circumstances and are holding your own via a job, etc. it is much easier to collapse into poverty than to hold your own. All it takes is a few bad breaks and WHAMMO !! down ya go,

KG4CGC
05-16-2012, 02:43 PM
But in all honesty, that was a nice thing you there, Steve.
Now let's just hope her parents let her keep it and not try to hock it.

KA9MOT
05-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Wow! I didn't intend to go off on a political topic.......

I can clearly see how being on welfare can be a trick bag, but for this gal I think things are different. She was proud to be so fortunate...gifted with all those kids, plus the state helps to take care of them. I don't think she has any inclination of ever standing on her own 2 feet.

I know there are single moms who rely on welfare who have no other options (I know a couple), but they try to keep it to themselves and one just got a job at the local nursing home in housekeeping (not something I would ever want to do) that pays her $8 something an hour. She is looking for childcare now that the state will help her pay for, but that is proving difficult.

I think the girl will do well with the computer and they still have to find a power supply for it. I don't know how it is elsewhere but here the kids have to check the schools website to get some of their homework assignments (at least that is what Stevie tell me)...... then again, maybe he was just trying to sucker me out of my good laptop.......... it worked!

W1GUH
05-16-2012, 07:52 PM
You look very nice in your Angel Wings, Steve. Here's to a bright future for the girl you've so generously helped.

FYI, aftermarket laptop PS's are available from Rocketfish...but they're pricey.

NA4BH
05-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Steve,

You did it. YOU PAID IT FORWARD. You know what I mean.

Proud of you my friend.

KC2UGV
05-16-2012, 08:11 PM

I can clearly see how being on welfare can be a trick bag, but for this gal I think things are different. She was proud to be so fortunate...gifted with all those kids, plus the state helps to take care of them. I don't think she has any inclination of ever standing on her own 2 feet.

I know there are single moms who rely on welfare who have no other options (I know a couple), but they try to keep it to themselves and one just got a job at the local nursing home in housekeeping (not something I would ever want to do) that pays her $8 something an hour. She is looking for childcare now that the state will help her pay for, but that is proving difficult.

I think the girl will do well with the computer and they still have to find a power supply for it. I don't know how it is elsewhere but here the kids have to check the schools website to get some of their homework assignments (at least that is what Stevie tell me)...... then again, maybe he was just trying to sucker me out of my good laptop.......... it worked!

Maybe the mom did try to sucker you out of it, but the girl wasn't. I'm sure she'll appreciate it :)

W1GUH
05-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Read through kinda quickly and maybe this was mentioned before, but I've got to wonder.....which children are better off?

These, with a single mom who sounds like she's doing what she's doing so that she can devote full time to her children?

(I'm giving her a pass for now concerning how her children behaved. I'd rather give her the benefit of the doubt considering how difficult raising children can be.)

Or the progeny of some bitch soccer mom (with her SUV & Cell phone & dropping off the kids at day care so she can do her corporate thing) who probably only exists for herself and her career?

n2ize
05-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Read through kinda quickly and maybe this was mentioned before, but I've got to wonder.....which children are better off

These, with a single mom who sounds like she's doing what she's doing so that she can devote full time to her children?

(I'm giving her a pass for now concerning how her children behaved. I'd rather give her the benefit of the doubt considering how difficult raising children can be.)

Or the progeny of some bitch soccer mom (with her SUV & Cell phone & dropping off the kids at day care so she can do her corporate thing) who probably only exists for herself and her career?

^^^ Amen. There is good and bad in both groups; But people in low income and welfare brackets really suffer and what we consider day to day life is often a painful struggle for many of them.

n2ize
05-17-2012, 12:26 AM

Don't worry about it. What you did was in good faith and in the eyes of God you did a good noble thing Or, leaving God out of it you did what you feel may help someone less fortunate. That is what counts. Hope she will make good use of it. A computer and an Internet connection is an invaluable thing for a student. I wish we had them when i was in school. Ah, well we did have some computers then, but we were inventing the Internet. :)

W1GUH
05-17-2012, 12:02 PM
^^^ Amen. There is good and bad in both groups; But people in low income and welfare brackets really suffer and what we consider day to day life is often a painful struggle for many of them.

Right on, John.

KA9MOT
05-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Read through kinda quickly and maybe this was mentioned before, but I've got to wonder.....which children are better off?

The extremes on each end. This single mom is NOT doing everything she can, but she is the extreme I think. I've never met anybody like her. Soccer mom I have never met, but I know she exists, and I hope to never meet her.

I've put it behind me now, and hopefully mom will be responsible enough to buy the kid a $10 charger.

On a side note, I was at O'Reiley's Auto Parts the other night, and a young man was asking the flunky at the counter (My nephew Chris) how to wire up some LED light strips for a back lighting system in his home entertainment system. They were for a car. Chris doesn't know much about anything so he volunteered me. Well, the kid was unable to understand what I was feebly trying to explain, so I gave him my address. He showed up yesterday and we combined 4 LED strips, 1 wallwart, and 2 toggle switches. He was here for a couple of hours and we had a good time. As it turns out, he is one of my sons teachers (you know your getting old when the teachers look like babies), knows the girl and her family situation. He thinks my son is sweet on her..........

Also, they do need computer access for some classes but if they need it to get their homework assignments that means they ignored the instructions given them in class.....The also have computer and internet access in Study Hall.

When it is all said and done, I am glad I gave the girl this computer. I wasn't using it and couldn't sell it anyway. I would not have posted it here if it weren't for this girls momma. It is probably the nicest thing this girl has ever had and that makes me happy.

KA9MOT
05-17-2012, 12:30 PM
You look very nice in your Angel Wings, Steve. Here's to a bright future for the girl you've so generously helped.

FYI, aftermarket laptop PS's are available from Rocketfish...but they're pricey.

Paul, if you knew me you'd know there is nothing angelic about me. :rofl:

KA9MOT
05-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Steve,

You did it. YOU PAID IT FORWARD. You know what I mean.

Proud of you my friend.

I do know what you mean and thank you.

KA9MOT
05-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Maybe the mom did try to sucker you out of it, but the girl wasn't. I'm sure she'll appreciate it :)

No you misunderstood me. I was joking that my son may have suckered me out of my good laptop, (a HP G62-355DX that I picked up for $50 because the display was broken, bought a $58 display and changed it out). I hated it! I prefer my Compaq 6715b. It was time for Stevie to get a better computer then the ancient Dell Optiplex he had in his room, and Mellisa and I made the decision to give him a better computer.

Nobody suckered anybody.

W1GUH
05-17-2012, 12:39 PM
The extremes on each end. This single mom is NOT doing everything she can, but she is the extreme I think. I've never met anybody like her. Soccer mom I have never met, but I know she exists, and I hope to never meet her.

I've put it behind me now, and hopefully mom will be responsible enough to buy the kid a $10 charger.

On a side note, I was at O'Reiley's Auto Parts the other night, and a young man was asking the flunky at the counter (My nephew Chris) how to wire up some LED light strips for a back lighting system in his home entertainment system. They were for a car. Chris doesn't know much about anything so he volunteered me. Well, the kid was unable to understand what I was feebly trying to explain, so I gave him my address. He showed up yesterday and we combined 4 LED strips, 1 wallwart, and 2 toggle switches. He was here for a couple of hours and we had a good time. As it turns out, he is one of my sons teachers (you know your getting old when the teachers look like babies), knows the girl and her family situation. He thinks my son is sweet on her..........

Also, they do need computer access for some classes but if they need it to get their homework assignments that means they ignored the instructions given them in class.....The also have computer and internet access in Study Hall.

When it is all said and done, I am glad I gave the girl this computer. I wasn't using it and couldn't sell it anyway. I would not have posted it here if it weren't for this girls momma. It is probably the nicest thing this girl has ever had and that makes me happy.

Where can you find a laptop charger for $10. Flea market?

"(you know your getting old when the teachers look like babies)"

Oh, stop that!!!! I'm feeling too much like an OF already. Or...how about watching a major symphony orchestra leave by the stage entrance and wonder if there was a youth orchestra concert going on? OUCH!!!!!

"When it is all said and done, I am glad I gave the girl this computer. I wasn't using it and couldn't sell it anyway. I would not have posted it here if it weren't for this girls momma. It is probably the nicest thing this girl has ever had and that makes me happy. "

And presumably getting used. LOT better than in the landfill.

"Paul, if you knew me you'd know there is nothing angelic about me. "

well, the old "benefit of the doubt thing?

KA9MOT
05-17-2012, 12:40 PM

Less than $10 on eBay, but then.........it's eBay and we really don't know what we're getting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-PA-12-AC-Adapter-for-Dell-Inspiron-1501-6000-6400-1000-1400-Battery-Charger-/200687904166?pt=Laptop_Adapters_Chargers&hash=item2eb9ee65a6#ht_2064wt_1396

KB3LAZ
05-17-2012, 12:44 PM

Hey now, I played soccer and my mom drove an SUV.

KB3LAZ
05-17-2012, 12:45 PM

In Spain it would seem. Well, 10€, thats what I paid for mine.

kb2crk
05-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Less than $10 on eBay, but then.........it's eBay and we really don't know what we're getting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-PA-12-AC-Adapter-for-Dell-Inspiron-1501-6000-6400-1000-1400-Battery-Charger-/200687904166?pt=Laptop_Adapters_Chargers&hash=item2eb9ee65a6#ht_2064wt_1396

I have one of those that I had picked up for my one daughters inspiron 1501. she killed that computer (hence the parts i have laying around) and I gave her a dell latitude c840 which she also killed.
I did not replace that one....lol. I have kept the charger around as a back up for my wife's latitude d420. If you need one let me know.

N2RJ
05-22-2012, 09:01 PM
As for the welfare system, it is screwed up. It is set up to keep one on the roles and if you try to better yourself you find yourself screwed.

Sure got that right. It's designed to keep you on the system and encourages you to dig yourself deeper in the hole.

N2RJ
05-22-2012, 09:03 PM

Amazon has them.

You won't find a genuine OEM replacement for that price but you will find a third party one. They are every bit as good.

I bought a DC adapter for my Macbook for about $18 from Amazon. You can buy PC AC adapters for about $6-$10.

I always like to buy a DC adapter for any laptop I own. It always comes in handy! If you just left the house and realized your laptop isn't charged, just plug it into the cig lighter and you get enough juice by the time you reach your destination.

N2RJ
05-22-2012, 09:10 PM

Bitch soccer mom situation aside, day care isn't that bad.

Our kids go to day care and they are VERY good with them. Even taught us a few things.

The day care staff don't just sit around while the kids run around. They do activities with them and teach them stuff. They also get to socialize with other kids (not that it's a problem for our three) and do useful activities. To open a day care in many places you have to get a license and undergo training. In the city ACS licenses the day care centers and they run routine audits.

n2ize
05-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Sure got that right. It's designed to keep you on the system and encourages you to dig yourself deeper in the hole.

You know that is a load of crap.It's designed for short term relief and that is what the majority of cases turn out to be. The problem lies not with welfare but with the unstable job market. Most people who move from welfare to work end up in unstable low level jobs that don't last long.

KG4CGC
05-22-2012, 10:25 PM
You know that is a load of crap.It's designed for short term relief and that is what the majority of cases turn out to be. The problem lies not with welfare but with the unstable job market. Most people who move from welfare to work end up in unstable low level jobs that don't last long.

Maybe they just didn't manage their assets correctly. You know, personal responsibility and rugged individualism.

KA9MOT
05-23-2012, 01:24 AM
day care isn't that bad.

I can tell you've never been to daycare! I went in the 60's and it was hell! Forced to play with other children. Forced to drink Kool-Aid and eat Baloney Sammitches. Forced to stand around the pick-nick table and listen to the Beatles on an old record player....and let me tell you, if you start singing along to 'I want to hold your hand" the gal running the record payer will shut it off which leaves you singing....to nothing. Christ that was embarrassing! And things on the property that could hurt you! :omg: We had a VW beetle with no seats, steerung wheel or tires setting on the ground...how in the hell was I s'posed to drive that? And they would beat you when you get caught looking up the little girls dresses......not even considering that I was only 6 and didn't know what I was looking at, only knowing I wanted to look... How can THAT be a punishable offense?

Yeah, I enjoyed myself at Day Care.........These are fond memories and I still wonder what happened to the pretty girl named Lisa...