PDA

View Full Version : ??????????

W4AMP
05-14-2012, 03:53 PM
I hear stations in Europe and the mideast constantly asking for west coast stations only. Why do stations in Asia never call for east coast only?

W2NAP
05-14-2012, 03:56 PM
it is a mystery

KC2UGV
05-14-2012, 04:36 PM
This guy knows:

http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/tootsie-pop-owl.jpg

ki4itv
05-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Because they are a bright people and already know the WestCoasters won't listen anyway?

W4AMP
05-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Because they are a bright people and already know the WestCoasters won't listen anyway?

that makes sense.

kb2vxa
05-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Have you ever considered left coast may be rare double hop DX for them? Another thing to consider, you've probably heard of the California kilowatt curtain, well the lefties contend with the righties only I don't know what they call it. The intent of west coast only is to mitigate the damage but any DXer knows some don't listen to the onlys.

NQ6U
05-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Perhaps because it's much harder to reach a west coast station from Europe? Hell, the only time I ever even came close to being on the receiving end of a pileup was when I was working digital into France one night. Had another station waiting for me every time I finished up with the previous QSO and ended up working a half-dozen or so in just a few minutes. It was like being in Bizarro Word or something—us Six-Landers are not used to being in demand like that.

suddenseer
05-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Perhaps because it's much harder to reach a west coast station from Europe? Hell, the only time I ever even came close to being on the receiving end of a pileup was when I was working digital into France one night. Had another station waiting for me every time I finished up with the previous QSO and ended up working a half-dozen or so in just a few minutes. It was like being in Bizarro Word or something—us Six-Landers are not used to being in demand like that.There just wasn't enough of you to go around Carlo.