W5IEI
05-13-2012, 05:59 AM
Me Too !

ki4itv
05-13-2012, 06:29 AM
And it's up against the wall, ham radio mother
Mother who has raised her OP so well
He's 34 and drinkin' in the basement just downstairs
Dreamin' of kickin' liberal ass and raisin' hell.

ki4itv
05-13-2012, 06:33 AM
Oh yea! Happy mothers day to all you real mothers!
(which is prolly 'bout most of ya)

kf0rt
05-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Happy Mother's day (all you muthas).

ad4mg
05-13-2012, 09:47 AM
You guys that are lucky enough to still have your Mom's around be sure to wish them a Happy Mother's Day for me. I'll be headed to the Washington Memorial Cemetery in Sandston in a bit to visit my Mom, who passed several years ago. :(

K7SGJ
05-13-2012, 10:31 AM
You guys that are lucky enough to still have your Mom's around be sure to wish them a Happy Mother's Day for me. I'll be headed to the Washington Memorial Cemetery in Sandston in a bit to visit my Mom, who passed several years ago. :(

My Mom passed many years ago, too; but I believe she is always close. A mothers love is with you always and forever. Wish a happy day to her for me, too.

N8YX
05-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Gotta do that today as well. Her favorite rosebushes are in bloom, and I'm going to take a few to the gravesite later on.

kf0rt
05-13-2012, 10:58 AM
IF recollecting were forgetting,
Then I remember not;
And if forgetting, recollecting,
How near I had forgot!
And if to miss were merry,
And if to mourn were gay,
How very blithe the fingers
That gathered these to-day!
- Emily Dickenson

Miss you, Mom. :cry:

WØTKX
05-13-2012, 11:12 AM
This is a conflicted day for me. As my maternal grandma used to say...

"I love her, but I don't like her very much".

Grandma lived with us a lot.
Sigh. I miss you Grandma.

NQ6U
05-13-2012, 11:36 AM
My mother is still around but we have not been been on the best of terms for many years. She just had cancer surgery and is going on chemo this week, however, so there's a good chance that this may be her last Mother's Day. I think it's time for me to try and mend things the best I can over the next few months.

WØTKX
05-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Yea. I'll have to deal with those uncomfortable issues someday.
She quit drinking a few years ago, because of horrible acid reflux.

It's easier to just say hello now.

ki4itv
05-13-2012, 01:05 PM
My mother is still around but we have not been been on the best of terms for many years. She just had cancer surgery and is going on chemo this week, however, so there's a good chance that this may be her last Mother's Day. I think it's time for me to try and mend things the best I can over the next few months.

Wish you well with that, Carl...I found it was doable if I refused to take the bait.
My mom and I managed to patch things up fairly well before she had the last word and left us scratching our heads.
Sometimes this life thing has more twist than a GOP underwear party.

PA5COR
05-13-2012, 02:44 PM
We're also 25 years married today, my mum passed a few years back. my dad 12 years back, so it's my wife and her mum ( now on holiday for 6 months).