PDA

View Full Version : A woodworking project- easy to make Adirondack chairs

n4aud
05-07-2012, 10:11 AM
I came up with a design for Adirondack chairs recently. Nothing particularly original about my design, but these are comfortable and easy to build. Thought I would share. I've been building these for sale and I can't keep up with the demand but that may be because of my low price.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dYPnI8arP0B55XAJTmj9qe-6GZhr-2iZiSS7rD0hnNU/edit

PA5COR
05-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Might be aa nice project once i'm finished painting the bloody house.....;)

KK4AMI
05-07-2012, 03:02 PM
I came up with a design for Adirondack chairs recently. Nothing particularly original about my design, but these are comfortable and easy to build. Thought I would share. I've been building these for sale and I can't keep up with the demand but that may be because of my low price.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dYPnI8arP0B55XAJTmj9qe-6GZhr-2iZiSS7rD0hnNU/edit

Very nice chairs. How safe is it to allow treated wood to skin contact. I always heard you needed to keep the two apart because of skin rashes and cancer potential. That was back in the CCA days, I don't know what they use now.

W5GA
05-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Very nice chairs. How safe is it to allow treated wood to skin contact. I always heard you needed to keep the two apart because of skin rashes and cancer potential. That was back in the CCA days, I don't know what they use now.
I think the bigger worry back in the day was the arsenic that was used.

KG4CGC
05-07-2012, 09:11 PM
How about a modern twist? Spray on bedliner?
Nice chairs though.

NA4BH
05-07-2012, 09:27 PM
The link wants me to sign up for something.

n4aud
05-08-2012, 05:58 AM
The link wants me to sign up for something.

It does? I don't know why. I already had a Google account though.

n4aud
05-08-2012, 06:01 AM
No idea, but there aren't any warnings when you buy the stuff and of course everything has a warning pasted on it now if there is any danger. I think W5GA is right though.

kf0rt
05-08-2012, 06:50 AM
Gotta ask (tell me to MYOB if you want).

What do you charge for one, Audie?

n4aud
05-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Gotta ask (tell me to MYOB if you want).

What do you charge for one, Audie?
I sold the first few for $35 each. I'm selling them for $50 each now. I had to quit taking orders on them, I couldn't make them quick enough and it looked like I was going to ruin my summer. There's a roadside flea market less than a mile from my house that lets you set up for $5, so my plan is to make half a dozen and take them over there every couple of weeks, when I have the time. I think I've sold about 2 dozen so far.