PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Experts! HELP!

KG4CGC
04-30-2012, 10:22 PM
My wife and I are with AT&T (jeers ok got it)
Today she's been receiving data usage messages. First one said she's used 65% of her data and soon afterwards she received another message that she was up to 95% and a minute or two later, she got a message stating she has used up 100% of her data plan.
After the first message, she checked all her apps, made sure they were all off. Took out the battery and rebooted.
All the apps, GPS, etc etc etc all turned off. Hot Spot turned off. Phone was very hot.
What's going on? Did her phone get hacked? AT&T fupping up?
Need help. Going up there tomorrow. Up to the AT&T store that is.

KG4CGC
04-30-2012, 10:50 PM
BTW, her phone is a Samsung Skyrocket.

WØTKX
05-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Sounds like something chewed up all the data, and that was not what you expected.

I know about the stuff to turn off on the iPhone. Not that phone.

NQ6U
05-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Sounds like some sort of runaway process. My phone will do that occasionally although I was lucky enough to get on with ATT early enough with my first iPhone to get an unlimited data account so I never got a data use message. But it will get warm and use up the battery excessively; turning it off, then back on has always fixed it.

K7SGJ
05-01-2012, 02:50 PM
I had a problem like that with Verizon a while back. Turned out their equipment went ape-shit.

KG4CGC
05-01-2012, 08:25 PM
I have yet to find out what they told her today but apparently she started getting reverse data usage messages.
I think it's the phone. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

KC2UGV
05-02-2012, 07:10 AM
Google+ with auto-upload turned on tears through data. Facebook as well. Check for any apps installed that "Phone home" in any sort of fashion.

koØm
05-02-2012, 04:55 PM
My wife and I are with AT&T (jeers ok got it)
Today she's been receiving data usage messages. First one said she's used 65% of her data and soon afterwards she received another message that she was up to 95% and a minute or two later, she got a message stating she has used up 100% of her data plan.
After the first message, she checked all her apps, made sure they were all off. Took out the battery and rebooted.
All the apps, GPS, etc etc etc all turned off. Hot Spot turned off. Phone was very hot.
What's going on? Did her phone get hacked? AT&T fupping up?
Need help. Going up there tomorrow. Up to the AT&T store that is.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n150/Paws264/rant.gif

I have a HATE-LOVE-HATE with my T-Mobile MyTouch 3G phone and, the service (or lack thereof) from my cell phone provider.

My <INSERT EXPLITIVE HERE> Android Cell Phone is playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGU1P6lBW6Q

on my last nerve, everytime I power down the <INSERT EXPLITIVE HERE> Android Cell Phone and turn it back on, the <INSERT EXPLITIVE HERE> Android Cell Phone resets itself at least twice before completely booting up; It's like a 5 minute long "Waiting to Exhale" moment wondering if the <INSERT EXPLITIVE HERE> Android Cell Phone is going to work.

My <INSERT EXPLITIVE HERE> Android Cell Phone will not do what is advertised without giving me some damnable error about "Force Closing The Application". About 6 weeks ago, the<INSERT EXPLITIVE HERE> Android Cell Phone ATE all my contacts and calender information. The was an option to 'Restore' the "Backed Up" contacts however, when I perform the procedure, it restored my contacts (even though it is backed up every week) but they were from August 2010 when I first got the phone. I had to manually enter/edit/delete 2 years of old and new contacts; I also had to try to "re-personalize" my Ring Tones, Contact Icons, and application display properties.

Last week, my <INSERT EXPLITIVE HERE> Android Cell Phone/Computer locked the hell up (again) and, I called T-Mobile Support and was instructed to do a "Factory Reset". After transfering everything to my SIM Card, I did the reset on the <INSERT EXPLITIVE HERE> Android Cell Phone and, ALL Applications and settings were wiped out and I started over like new (again).

I have 4 months left on my contract and, when it expires, I gonna port my number and get the least complicated phone that will reliably make calls.

PISS on <INSERT EXPLITIVE HERE> Android Cell Phones.

I feel better now!

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n150/Paws264/rant.gif

KG4NEL
05-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Once rooted, Android is much more tolerable.

kb2vxa
05-03-2012, 03:13 PM
I think you just figured out why I hate cell phones.

W3WN
05-04-2012, 10:25 AM
And my boss wonders why I don't want a "Smart" Phone.

I'll stick with my 4 year old Nokia, thank you very much.