PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Blocking Don't Work

n2ize
04-28-2012, 02:02 AM
I am trying to block a psycho case on Facebook. The nut case is not friends with me but with two other people I am friends with. Problem is is that when I type the persons name into the blocking function it blocks a different person with the same name and, I cannot locate the guy I want to block anywhere but I can sure see his insane and annoying posts and visit his page. It's like he is on Facebook but he is not on Facebook. Strangest damned thing.

Sooo... instead of simply blocking the one nutcase I am going to have to de-friend the people who are friends with the nut. that way I don't have to see his stupid insane psychotic messages which I am sick and tired of.

WØTKX
04-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Somebody we know? ;)

I'd get a hold of Facebook support, and see if they can figure out how to find the "uniqueness" to block your psycho.

n2ize
04-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Somebody we know? ;)

I'd get a hold of Facebook support, and see if they can figure out how to find the "uniqueness" to block your psycho.

No, nobody that would be popular among our group although there is a "radio related connection". It's a long story. The guy I am talking about does truly have a serious mental disorder. I believe he is even "institutionalized" but I guess these days they let them use computers and encourage socialization as opposed to isolation. The guy also has a brother who is also suffering from the same illness and, believe it or not, I met his brother many years ago through the "radio connection" and it took me nearly 10 years to shake the guy and get him off my back. In any even I told my friend that I can no longer post comments to his page while this guy is on there. Every time I make a comment this guy responds with very bizarre remarks, threats of death, etc. In many ways I do feel sorry for the guy but I really don't have time to deal with crazy people. In any event my friend "de-friended" him on FB because his vulgar remarks, death threats, etc. were driving people away from his page.

The whole saga as to how this guy found us on FB and how years ago I met his brother with the same mental disorder is a long story, too long to convey in writing. Perhaps if we chat someday I can explain it verbally.

WØTKX
04-28-2012, 12:19 PM
No, it's OK. I have met some pretty deranged people in my travels. Really pisses me off if/when they contact me years later.

NQ6U
04-28-2012, 12:41 PM
No, it's OK. I have met some pretty deranged people in my travels. Really pisses me off if/when they contact me years later.

Okay, jeeze, I'm sorry. I'll stop bothering you.

WØTKX
04-28-2012, 12:48 PM
:lol:

You don't bother me Pope Carlo. It's just your funny hat that puts me off...

KC2UGV
04-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Go to his profile, and click the "Friends" drop-down. You should see "Block/Report" in the options.

n2ize
04-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Go to his profile, and click the "Friends" drop-down. You should see "Block/Report" in the options.

Will try.

n2ize
04-29-2012, 03:47 AM

It worked. Now I no longer have to read schizophrenic ravings, paranoid delusions, and explicitly detailed death threats aimed at me every time I comment to certain people.. In many ways I do feel sorry for the guy. He is bona-fide schizo and he has mentioned how he is often tormented by the "voices in his head". At the same time I am not a psychiatrist, I can't help him, and I can't deal with reading his irrational remarks and threats every time I make a comment. This way I no longer exist to him and he no longer exists to me.

Oh yea, thanks for the help.

KC2UGV
04-29-2012, 11:32 AM
It worked. Now I no longer have to read schizophrenic ravings, paranoid delusions, and explicitly detailed death threats aimed at me every time I comment to certain people.. In many ways I do feel sorry for the guy. He is bona-fide schizo and he has mentioned how he is often tormented by the "voices in his head". At the same time I am not a psychiatrist, I can't help him, and I can't deal with reading his irrational remarks and threats every time I make a comment. This way I no longer exist to him and he no longer exists to me.

Oh yea, thanks for the help.

De nada.

n2ize
04-29-2012, 08:13 PM

As a teacher of mine in grade school used to say, "there's a whole lot a crazy people out there..."