PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Age Bashing !!

n2ize
04-18-2012, 02:02 PM
One thing that makes me livid is when i hear people in my age group bashing young people. I hear it over and over, the same comments, "these kids have it too easy", "they are dumb", "they don;t work hard enough", "they are all spoiled", etc. etc. ad nauseum.

Did they like it back in the 60's and 70's when their elders said the same thing about them. And the stigmatization. I see so many young people that are ambitious, creative, responsible, and are capable of understanding and doing things that would boggle the minds of many of my peers of my age groups. Yet, listening to these old farts you'd think ever young person was a deadbeat.

I suspect generational rivalry is in many ways a form of jealousy. I find some people my age and older are bitter about themselves and envious about younger people so they resort to scapegoats, stigma's and put downs rather than try and better or change themselves.

NQ6U
04-18-2012, 02:06 PM
I hate age bashing too so the little bastids who indulge in it better stay the hell off my lawn.

n2ize
04-18-2012, 02:12 PM
I hate age bashing too so the little bastids who indulge in it better stay the hell off my lawn.

Some of the more infamous age bashing quotes of my era..

"These kids are all a bunch of lousy dirty hippy commies"
"They have no respect for America"
"You can't tell the boys from the girls"
"The ONLY reason they go to college is to avoid serving their country"
"They are all a bunch of drug addicts"
"They have no respect for the law, or for their elders, ....etc."
"They look like a pack of wild animals with that disgusting long hair"
"They listen to that crappy horrid music"

and best of all..

"GET OFF MY LAWN !!!" :lol:

N7YA
04-18-2012, 05:06 PM
I always read it as "Im getting old, im no longer respected, i cant poop like i used to. I did shit and you arent patting me on the back enough for it!! FUCK YOU ALL!...im gonna go find other old people to hang around with, live in the past and comiserate until we expire..."

My favorite old people are the ones who realize the above is true, yet know nothing can be done about it and try to find a positive in it all. It can be done and i really hope i can become one of those guys. :)

XE1/N5AL
04-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Re: Get Off My Lawn

When I was 13, we had a neighbor who used to chase us kids off his lawn. My family later moved away and I eventually went off to college.

After college, I was employed as a junior engineer, at a defense contractor, when my boss assigned me to work with "a PhD math egghead" in another department.

Turns out that this math wiz was the same guy who used to chase us off his lawn. Despite the age difference, we became work friends and sometimes ate lunch together.

kb2vxa
04-18-2012, 10:16 PM
I used to be one of those long hair weirdo hippie pinko bastids, everything's changed but the bastid.

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!

n2ize
04-18-2012, 11:24 PM
I always read it as "Im getting old, im no longer respected, i cant poop like i used to. I did shit and you arent patting me on the back enough for it!! FUCK YOU ALL!...im gonna go find other old people to hang around with, live in the past and comiserate until we expire..."

My favorite old people are the ones who realize the above is true, yet know nothing can be done about it and try to find a positive in it all. It can be done and i really hope i can become one of those guys. :)

The positive is to realize that as long as you are alive you can do lots of things and even many great things. And also to recognize the great potential that young people have as they are the future. The key is to disregard age differences. I work with people on projects who are young enough to be my children yet we figure things out and we work on projects and we deal with each other without any regard to age. Nobody looks down on me because I am older then them and I don;t look down on them because they are younger. Nobody gives a crap how old or young anyone is.

But, they had better GET OFF MY LAWN !!!!!!!!!!!

N7YA
04-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Oh, of course. Ill look for the positives of the little bastards GETTING OFF MY LAWN!!

n2ize
04-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Oh, of course. Ill look for the positives of the little bastards GETTING OFF MY LAWN!!

Oh, and thanks for reminding me... I don;t mind working along with those darned young punks just so long as they GET OFF MY LAWN !! ... and STAY OFF !! :lol:

n2ize
04-19-2012, 01:32 PM
BTW when i was growing up we had a real hard core "GET OFF MY LAWN" guy living right across the street. One time I accidentally stepped on his lawn for a second. He saw me and immediately hollared... "GET OFF MY LAWN". Then he gave me the following warnings".

1) If a kid steps on his lawn he'll call the cops and have him arrested
2) If a dog goes on his lawn he'll poison the dog.
3) If a cat goes on his lawn he'll kill the cat.

He was a miserable sour old drunken prick. Even his children and grandchildren hated him

WØTKX
04-19-2012, 01:33 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QYXz9wqEkLc/TOU3eLx0TII/AAAAAAAABGw/xM-3inaLMt4/s1600/Seriously%2BGet%2Boff%2BMy%2BLawn.jpg

N7YA
04-19-2012, 04:35 PM
1) If a kid steps on his lawn he'll call the cops and have him arrested

:lol: I can imagine that 911 call coming in. "Sgt. McCready! Its the old man, it finally happened...the neighbor kid GOT ON HIS LAWN!! Lets roll and teach that punk how to STAY OFF THE LAWN!!!"

Kid being carted off to the squad car in cuffs. Old man, with a sneer, watches in victory from his porch. Credits roll.