PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - FT-301 station

N8YX
04-18-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm looking for a Yaesu FT-301 or -301S (analog readout) transceiver plus accessories. Will consider a digital readout model if it has a stock, fully functional readout. Would rather buy a full station all at once but will entertain offers of the RV/YC/FP/YO-301 components. Gear should be in very good shape at a minimum - case scratches okay; damaged front panels are not.

Reply via PM or to my call at neo-dot-rr-com if you're reading this as a guest and don't wish to join.

Thanks!

N8YX
09-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Bump.

I recently managed to get hold of a complete 301 ensemble - albeit via the pieces method - and now have everything Yaesu offered for it except for the AM filter (Yaesu P/N XF-90B). Got one of these in your stash? I want to buy it.

N7WQY
09-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Bump.

I recently managed to get hold of a complete 301 ensemble - albeit via the pieces method - and now have everything Yaesu offered for it except for the AM filter (Yaesu P/N XF-90B). Got one of these in your stash? I want to buy it.

Was that the same filter that was used in the 101 series radios? Let me know and i ll check my stash of parts.

Bob

TESLA
09-08-2012, 08:45 PM
I was at the inaugural BVARC flea today in Woonsocket RI and found a Yaesu P/N XF-90C, I actually logged on from my Android to check but alas it was the CW and not the AM filter. There are two fleas next weekend here and I'll be at both, you may want to PM me a spending limit just in case.

WØTKX
09-09-2012, 12:30 AM
As long as 'DSG doesn't know, he's good for it. ;)

N8YX
09-09-2012, 07:16 AM
Was that the same filter that was used in the 101 series radios? Let me know and i ll check my stash of parts.

Bob
Bob,

No - the early 101s used an XF-30 (3MHz IF) series filter while the 201/221/301 used an XF-90 (9MHz IF) series. Of course, they made ten gazillion of the earlier parts...

There are two fleas next weekend here and I'll be at both, you may want to PM me a spending limit just in case.
I can get a new AM filter from Inrad for $130; most used ones I've seen go for $65-80 so keep that in mind. If you want to tack $5 or so on as a finder's/aggravation fee, I'll be happy to help defray part of your admittance charges.

As long as 'DSG doesn't know, he's good for it. ;)
She enjoys the hobby and appreciates the gear I find....right up until the point where you explain about analog vs digital dials, calibration points, differences in readout between USB vs LSB.

"Why would I want THAT??!!??"

Kids.

ki4itv
09-09-2012, 07:20 AM
My dad has the pair w/ the matching power supply. But it's mine when he's through with it.
That is the rig that made me a confirmed Yaesu Ricebot.

* OH yea, I always thought it was one of the manliest looking rigs out there. :yes:

N8YX
09-09-2012, 07:29 AM
My dad has the pair w/ the matching power supply. But it's mine when he's through with it.
That is the rig that made me a confirmed Yaesu Ricebot.

* OH yea, I always thought it was one of the manliest looking rigs out there. :yes:
301s? Got pix of this?

ki4itv
09-09-2012, 07:53 AM
No pix...The rig is currently in New Mexico being used in my dads QTH. (k5bnz)
I only lay claim to the rig, because he has expressed a desire for me to have it.
I prefer to wait a very long time...if you know what I mean.
I believe the triad is; transceiver, ext. VFO, and PS...been a while. It is the QRP rig. Saw it taken out of the boxes and placed on the bench where it has remained unmolested for over 35 or so years.
NO MIC. :lol:
He did smoke for long while though...
Might need to ask, huh?

N8YX
09-09-2012, 10:01 AM
I believe the triad is; transceiver, ext. VFO, and PS...been a while. It is the QRP rig.
In addition:

YO-301 (scope)
FC-301 (antenna tuner)
LL-301 (phone patch)
RL-301(?) (Relay box - for interfacing the scope, an amp and an FSK terminal)

And the lookalike FT-221/221R 2M all-mode.

I really wish Yaesu had made a matching 6M and 75cm rig or offered a transverter a la the FTV-901/107/707 series.

You could also get an accessory booster amp and turn the QRP version into a 100w rig. These come up for sale from time to time.