PDA

View Full Version : Tomato, Goat Cheese, and Basil salad

W1GUH
04-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Perfect for you next hamfest!

Arrange chopped/sliced tomatoes on a serving plate. Sprinkle with chopped fresh Basil. Drizzle Italian dressing (Balsamic Vinaigrette, vinegar and or, or, really, any Italian dressing). Crumble a generous portion of goat cheese on that and top with chopped fresh chives.

Goes beautifully with a nice French white burgundy.

Enjoy!

KG4CGC
04-12-2012, 08:09 PM
It sounds scrummy. I'd just tweak it slightly.
Add Kalamata olives, cut the Italian dressing with more olive oil if it came already prepared.

W1GUH
04-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Enjoy! The recipe said to make it your own - just the way you will.

WØTKX
04-12-2012, 08:56 PM
I make all kinds of variations. Try it with apricots. Wild.

KG4CGC
04-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Or sprouts.

KB3LAZ
04-12-2012, 09:06 PM
I would replace the cheese. Goat cheese has too strong of a taste for me.

WØTKX
04-12-2012, 09:19 PM
That's the best part! :lol:

NQ6U
04-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Sounds great! Like Charles, though, I'd drop the prepared Eye-talian dressing and mix up my own simple vinaigrette (EV olive oil, vinegar and a little Dijon-style mustard).

W1GUH
04-13-2012, 04:02 AM
Sounds great! Like Charles, though, I'd drop the prepared Eye-talian dressing and mix up my own simple vinaigrette (EV olive oil, vinegar and a little Dijon-style mustard).

You guys are right on about that. I was being lazy. Will do that next time.

KC2UGV
04-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Perfect for you next hamfest!

Arrange chopped/sliced tomatoes on a serving plate. Sprinkle with chopped fresh Basil. Drizzle Italian dressing (Balsamic Vinaigrette, vinegar and or, or, really, any Italian dressing). Crumble a generous portion of goat cheese on that and top with chopped fresh chives.

Goes beautifully with a nice French white burgundy.

Enjoy!

This is a staple at our home :)

I would replace the cheese. Goat cheese has too strong of a taste for me.

Try feta, it's a bit milder.

KB3LAZ
04-13-2012, 11:18 AM
This is a staple at our home :)

Try feta, it's a bit milder.

I put a little on my salads now and again. =)

W1GUH
04-13-2012, 08:23 PM
There must be different kinds of goat cheese. I've heard of strong-flavored goat cheese, but I've never tasted any. The goat cheese I've had, for instance, Chavrie (http://www.chavrie.com/nutrition.aspx?product=2), has what is to me a very mild flavor, on a par with feta cheese or even cream cheese. One person who at first said that she didn't like goat cheese because it was too strong flavored later had one of the milder ones & really liked it.

KB3LAZ
04-13-2012, 09:13 PM
There must be different kinds of goat cheese. I've heard of strong-flavored goat cheese, but I've never tasted any. The goat cheese I've had, for instance, Chavrie (http://www.chavrie.com/nutrition.aspx?product=2), has what is to me a very mild flavor, on a par with feta cheese or even cream cheese. One person who at first said that she didn't like goat cheese because it was too strong flavored later had one of the milder ones & really liked it.

Im not a big fan of cheese in the first place. =( It does not much like me either, lol.

NQ6U
04-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Im not a big fan of cheese in the first place.

Not even Wensleydale??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bristol/content/goingout/2004/02/09/wallace.jpg