PDA

View Full Version : Survival Podcast: Episode-877- CB Radio as a Practical Prep with Clay Vitis

KC9ECI
04-10-2012, 04:07 PM
http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/cb-practical-prep-with-clay-vitis/comment-page-1

KC9ECI
04-10-2012, 05:05 PM
The comment section has the potential to start getting interesting. It just needs more anal ham involvement.

KA9MOT
04-10-2012, 09:23 PM
They lost me at the 5 minute mark. I was interested in hearing what the man had to say, but nothing was said in 5 minutes other then support our advertisers, sign up on facebook, and hams, don't get mad. Gonna have to liven up the programming to keep somebody like me interested.

KC9ECI
04-10-2012, 10:18 PM
I generally just skip ahead over the ads. The podcast wasn't all that exciting. I loaded it up on the ipod and listened while I mowed the lawn.

kf0rt
04-11-2012, 07:24 AM
I generally just skip ahead over the ads. The podcast wasn't all that exciting. I loaded it up on the ipod and listened while I mowed the lawn.

You cutting grass in cow country already?

KC2UGV
04-11-2012, 07:31 AM
To the exacerbation of many hams, I do think CB is a better choice for "Comms", at least in the immediate term. Because they are much easier to find, and operate; and many more are already in operation.

Ham radios (Or, any HF band) would work in the longer term, for longer distance comms, but in reality, channels are the easiest to use.

KC9ECI
04-11-2012, 11:52 AM
To the exacerbation of many hams, I do think CB is a better choice for "Comms", at least in the immediate term. Because they are much easier to find, and operate; and many more are already in operation.

Ham radios (Or, any HF band) would work in the longer term, for longer distance comms, but in reality, channels are the easiest to use.

+1. I can't disagree with any of that.

KC9ECI
04-11-2012, 11:52 AM
You cutting grass in cow country already?

This is week 2 of the lawn mowing season already. ick.