PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if it a painting or a picture but I know it moves me. It is art!

KA9MOT
04-05-2012, 01:05 AM
And I made it my desktop background:

This one does too:

KC2UGV
04-05-2012, 07:42 AM
I really like the first one. I love the "Hidden wheel" design in the back.

KA9MOT
04-05-2012, 10:47 AM
I really like the first one. I love the "Hidden wheel" design in the back.

Ah yes! Back from the days when the women and the cars wore skirts! To me, the car looks like a candy drop. It creates an emotional response from me. I don't know why that is..... Yes, I am a car guy, but it is just a car. BTW, it's a 49 Mercury Lead Sled. I think it has that old Art Deco look.

The Chevy is a 1956 2 door post.

KC2UGV
04-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Ah yes! Back from the days when the women and the cars wore skirts! To me, the car looks like a candy drop. It creates an emotional response from me. I don't know why that is..... Yes, I am a car guy, but it is just a car. BTW, it's a 49 Mercury Lead Sled. I think it has that old Art Deco look.

The Chevy is a 1956 2 door post.

I'm not a car guy, and it invoked an emotional response. That's why it's "art" :)

WØTKX
04-05-2012, 11:14 AM
http://www.ldikustoms.com.au/images/customs/gold hudson/cd full0260.jpg

KC2UGV
04-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Something about those skirts... I must really like skirts :P

NQ6U
04-05-2012, 11:36 AM
'49 Merc, coolest base for a custom rod ever! And that's a particularly nice job.

I've always wanted to see the process involved in chopping one like that; must be a real trick to get it all to fit back together right.

KA9MOT
04-05-2012, 05:37 PM
When I was a teenager I helped my Cousin Mike chop his 46 Ford. It was a major bitch and we made plenty of mistakes along the way before his brother Richard and Jr (another cousin) came and rescued us. It was allot of work, and required allot of thought and thousands of measurements. Cutting 4 inches out was easy. Putting it all back together again was a killer. After 6 months, lots of Rock and Roll and dozens of cases of PBR, we had her done. It looked good and at that point we decided if we had it to do again, we would because it was worth it. That was just the top. These guys chop, cut and channel a car to make it look like that. A true custom.