PDA

View Full Version : Any F-150 owners on here?

N7YA
04-04-2012, 03:11 AM
What are your thoughts, experiences, positives/negatives, etc.

Just curious, thanks. :)

W5GA
04-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Great truck. Don't have one currently, but did have a '02 some years ago. My last job outfitted me with a brand new '10, fresh off the lot. No problems at all.

KG4CGC
04-04-2012, 10:37 AM
In the late 80s, I knew many people still driving ones made from the late 60s to early 70s. I still see a few of those models on the road today. I think it might be a fan thing though even though a couple look like they're used for work.
The last one I saw made in the 80s has been parked. It was literally falling apart in the road.
I guess you're talking about new ones. They're like Lincolns on the inside now. Some models even talk to you now and they ride like a Brougham.

suddenseer
04-04-2012, 11:44 AM
I had a 99 model (used). I went with a GMC Sierra, and later a new 08 Silverado crew cab. I went with GMC/Chevy mostly due to the toys, and the killer sound system. I used to have an older Chevy 1500, that I traded for the Ford F150. The Chevy had over 600K mikes when I traded it in. I did not see the F150 making it past 300K.

N8YX
04-04-2012, 11:47 AM
I had a 99 model (used). I went with a GMC Sierra, and later a new 08 Silverado crew cab. I went with GMC/Chevy mostly due to the toys, and the killer sound system. I used to have an older Chevy 1500, that I traded for the Ford F150. The Chevy had over 600K mikes when I traded it in. I did not see the F150 making it past 300K.
That has to be a record. Most Chevy trucks I'v been around were lucky to make it to 200k with their original drivelines.

suddenseer
04-04-2012, 12:05 PM
That has to be a record. Most Chevy trucks I'v been around were lucky to make it to 200k with their original drivelines.I believe the record is over 1 million miles on drive rain. I replaced almost all attachments, ball joints, tie rods, several sets of shocks, many tires, several electrical components shy of a harness. Top & bottom overhaul, replaced tranny once. I got over 300K used, my grandfather bought it new so I know it had over 300K when he sold it to me. I drove the hell out of it, she would not die.

WØTKX
04-04-2012, 12:16 PM
The F-150 with the 300 cubic inch straight available till 1996 is the freakin' bomb. The new F-150's are really nice, especially with the new diesel designs.

I've used many over the years as assigned work trucks, as well as friends owning them. I have owned an older F-250, and while it was a rustbucket, it made a dandy plow truck. It got crappy gas mileage with that 460 cubic inch V8, but it was rarely driven more than 20 miles at a time.

If I was going to get a newer full sized pickup, it would be Ford, Toyota, or Nissan. Rams suck.

NQ6U
04-04-2012, 12:21 PM
I've owned or driven a number of F-150s over the years; my dad always had one for his trucking business. My take on them is this: there is a reason that they are the best-selling vehicle in the world and that is that they take a lot of abuse and keep running. My experience with Chevy and Dodge suggests that, while they are nice trucks and better in some ways than Fords, they just don't hold up to commercial use as well.

KG4CGC
04-04-2012, 12:22 PM
The F-150 with the 300 cubic inch straight available till 1996 is the freakin' bomb. The new F-150's are really nice, especially with the new diesel designs.

I've used many over the years as assigned work trucks, as well as friends owning them. I have owned an older F-250, and while it was a rustbucket, it made a dandy plow truck. It got crappy gas mileage with that 460 cubic inch V8, but it was rarely driven more than 20 miles at a time.

If I was going to get a newer full sized pickup, it would be Ford, Toyota, or Nissan. Rams suck.
I'm trying to figure out who's paying 44 to 50K+ for Rams. Those are the clearance prices on the lot down the road. I just don't get it.
Turd Toters are the bomb but so is the price. 10K+ more than a Ram. Driving the kids to school.

N7YA
04-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Ive seen F-150s well over the 300k mark, and have heard of them going easily into the 750k range if taken care of properly (which im very good at). I just wanted to see what you guys thought, or heard, about them because i will be needing a tough, dependable truck in the next couple of years...maybe sooner if my otherwise reliable Nissan gives out.

KB3LAZ
04-04-2012, 07:03 PM
I have had two. Each one had one issue, the same issue. Flares rusted, factory fixed. Had the same issue on my K-1500 though. Solid runners for sure. Now, my Dakota beat the piss out of both the ford and chevy for MPG. However, was not a full size truck either.

Not that you asked but, I have had dreadful luck with ford rangers. F-150s have been good to me though. =)

N7YA
04-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Thats cool, i like all the info i can get. Yeah, the Ranger isnt really on my radar, but it sounds like the F-150 is a good bet by all account.

KA9MOT
04-04-2012, 10:41 PM
I've driven old Ford Trucks all my life. I've had some good old Chevys too. 1 Mazda cleverly disguised as a Ford Courier...... I had a 83 F-150 that went more than 500K on the original 300 six before we rebuilt it and the C6 transmission. I ran it another 180K hard miles (pulling my 28 foot camper) before the body started to fall apart (Got so rusty I couldn't close the drivers door anymore.). My current 1995 F-150 Supercab is starting to rust and has over 300K on the clock (4.9L with 5-speed) and still runs strong although because I am older and wiser, I'm afraid to take it on a real road trip. We do, but I don't like it.

Here it is:

EDIT: Driven properly you can get decent mileage with these trucks... I practice HyperMiling techniques (http://www.hypermiling.com/) and regularly run 19-22 MPG. Once, running with a tailwind, I got 25MPG. Unfortunately, I had to turn around to come home.

N7YA
04-04-2012, 11:46 PM
All great news! I have always liked them and i test drove one years ago. They are all over my neighborhood and every rancher in this area has at least one F-series truck so i think i will do good to go check it out. Thanks everyone!

N2RJ
04-05-2012, 01:31 PM
I've driven them. Solid trucks. Some model years have serious safety issues (2003 I think it was).

4WD is better than competitors, especially Dodge RAM.

My friend Mike W2MLS has one. He tows a fifth wheel with it. Likes it a lot.

N7YA
04-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Im a research freak when it comes to big purchases, i never impulse buy. I collect all this info and compare. I have found that the vast majority of Ford owners absolutely LOVE their truck, this thread just adds to that.

suddenseer
04-05-2012, 10:00 PM
I've driven them. Solid trucks. Some model years have serious safety issues (2003 I think it was).

4WD is better than competitors, especially Dodge RAM.

My friend Mike W2MLS has one. He tows a fifth wheel with it. Likes it a lot.He pulls a 5th wheel with a F-150? I want that truck!!!!

W5GA
04-05-2012, 11:36 PM
When I bought my current '05 F-350 crew cab dualie diesel, I looked at them all. The Chevy is a nice truck, but they don't put enough TRUCK! into it, and that was obvious even before I tried towing anything. And I still (after 25 yrs of watching) don't like their interiors. Great drivetrain, shoddy inside. I was turned off by Dodge when I hopped into a new one at the dealer and there were parts sitting loose on the floor in the back seat (coat hooks, dome light lens). If you want some serious truck reviews, look at Trailer Life magazine for the real nitty gritty.
The only real complaint I had with '10 150 was the tailgate, of all things. If just felt cheap in operation, didn't feel like the whole assembly weighed more than 20 lbs. when you opened and closed it. The tailgate in my F-350 OTOH weighs a ton. And I know from experience that it will support over 550 lbs. (55 gl. drum full of grain + me) and not notice its there.
The other thing I REALLY LIKED was the USB port in the dash...great for charging the phone. Left the lighter plug and the power plug free for other things. The downside was...if I plugged my TomTom into it, it would try to connect to the body computer. TILT!

KA9MOT
04-05-2012, 11:50 PM
He pulls a 5th wheel with a F-150? I want that truck!!!!

Depends on the weight of the 5th wheel........ 2012 F-150 towing capacity is 10,000 pounds. The truck doesn't care if it is on a 5th wheel or a conventional trailer.

http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/specifications/towing/

suddenseer
04-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Depends on the weight of the 5th wheel........ 2012 F-150 towing capacity is 10,000 pounds. The truck doesn't care if it is on a 5th wheel or a conventional trailer.

http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/specifications/towing/My Dad has a 5th wheel. I do not know exactly what it requires, but when he bought it, he traded the F150 in for a F350. He told me the F150 did not have the ass to pull his 5th wheel. (he bought the diesel version).

N7YA
04-06-2012, 05:05 AM
He pulls a 5th wheel with a F-150? I want that truck!!!!

I think you might...the max towing capacity is 11,300 lbs. Thats just the 150. The Super Duty can haul 17,500.

Im thinking i want that truck too.

kf0rt
04-06-2012, 10:30 AM
I think you might...the max towing capacity is 11,300 lbs. Thats just the 150. The Super Duty can haul 17,500.

Im thinking i want that truck too.

Thought you wanted a Titan. I just checked and the Titan only tows 9,500 lb. Some "Titan" that turned out to be.

WØTKX
04-06-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm shopping for a utility trailer. My Previa will tow 3500lbs, and many owners claim it will do more quite easily. Not that I need to. The van has a very burly hitch on it.

HUGH
04-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Number one daughter has an F-150 principally for towing a tandem horse trailer. Whilst her boys were small and she went riding, the baby playpen was erected in the tray so they could watch Mummy riding her horse.

N7YA
04-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Thought you wanted a Titan. I just checked and the Titan only tows 9,500 lb. Some "Titan" that turned out to be.

I did. In fact, i was sold on it until i started looking around. I found that the Titan, though a fine truck in its own right, had some issues that the F-150 simply never had. Towing capacity aside (would like to own a boat one of these days), reliability, serviceablity and toughness is what im after. The options arent bad either. Ive really scoured these websites for info on all of them. Tundra didnt make it out of the first round for me, Chevy fell next, never even considered a GMC truck at any point (no offense to loyal owners of such), the Titan lasted quite a while but the Ford seems to be the last one in the running so far. I could buy a UNIMOG, but thats just silly. Besides, if it has a Mercedes tricorn logo on it, chances are, it will be driven with extreme incompetence!

I dont know how it is where you guys live, but around here, what you drive is more about making statements and showing off....really goddamned stoopid, IMO. Thats an awfully big purchase just so you can parade materialism and a frail ego, not for me. Im not a diehard traditionalist by any means either, but i can get a better reading on the performance of a truck from one of them than from some pile of clothes driving something just because it does the dirty work of expressing their viewpoints so they dont have to do it themselves. A traditionalist KNOWS their truck because its a source of pride and its just a good idea, the pile of clothes knows nothing of their vehicle and will drive them poorly until something breaks, then they shovel thousands of unneccessary dollars into fixing it so they can get back to being empty inside (yes, i hate this fucking town).

Unless something amazing comes down the pike and completely replaces the Ford F-series, i think i need to go in that direction.

WØTKX
04-06-2012, 04:44 PM
I drove my bosses F-250 today to haul some stuff, and tried to make a video to show the HOLY SHIT when you take off from a standing start. It's a little bumpy to view. Might put it up anyway.

N7YA
04-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Me likee. :yes:

KG4CGC
04-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Well, whatever you call redneck yuppie elitists, that's us. Throw in a bunch of radical batshit stupidity.

WØTKX
04-06-2012, 04:58 PM
I :heart: my Previa and Miata, and NO PAYMENTS!

KA9MOT
04-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Speaking of your Miata (another Ford), Have you seen what Stacy David did with his?

http://staceydavid.com/projects/banshee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ00jDeGK3s&feature=colike

WØTKX
04-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Wowser. I'm not doing that to mine, but wowser! If I ever got a cheap one with a messed up motor or something, I might. Reminds me of the V8 Opel conversions.

Mine is a 91, and it has 72k on it. Bone stock is pretty cool, and it really freaking handles with the 50/50 weight distribution. Gonna put roll bars and chassis stiffeners on mine. And some sound proofing. Maybe a small HP bump, but it is about 120hp stock, which is decent considering it only weighs 2100 lbs. Simple mods will bump it to about 140hp. Anything more, and the tranny may need beefing up... but I like the 35 mpg I get with it now, driving mellow. It drops to about 30 revving the crap out of it in the twisties.

KG4CGC
04-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Nice clamp.

KG4CGC
04-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Wowser. I'm not doing that to mine, but wowser! If I ever got a cheap one with a messed up motor or something, I might. Reminds me of the V8 Opel conversions.

Mine is a 91, and it has 72k on it. Bone stock is pretty cool, and it really freaking handles with the 50/50 weight distribution. Gonna put roll bars and chassis stiffeners on mine. And some sound proofing. Maybe a small HP bump, but it is about 120hp stock, which is decent considering it only weighs 2100 lbs. Simple mods will bump it to about 140hp. Anything more, and the tranny may need beefing up... but I like the 35 mpg I get with it now, driving mellow. It drops to about 30 revving the crap out of it in the twisties.

Did CorSport have anything interesting to you?

WØTKX
04-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Umm yea... roll bars. I like the black simple ones.

There is a real "top gun" Miata tune shop here in CO that is pretty famous.

And I may be joining the "Peak to Peak" Mazda club soon.

KG4CGC
04-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Umm yea... roll bars. I like the black simple ones.

There is a real "top gun" Miata tune shop here in CO that is pretty famous.

And I may be joining the "Peak to Peak" Mazda club soon.
Apex to Zenith?

WØTKX
04-06-2012, 07:28 PM
KC0VFO's Limited Edition Miata... on the Peak to Peak website.

http://www.peaktopeakmiata.org/members/tduehr.html

kf0rt
04-06-2012, 09:40 PM
I did. In fact, i was sold on it until i started looking around. I found that the Titan, though a fine truck in its own right, had some issues that the F-150 simply never had. Towing capacity aside (would like to own a boat one of these days), reliability, serviceablity and toughness is what im after. The options arent bad either. Ive really scoured these websites for info on all of them. Tundra didnt make it out of the first round for me, Chevy fell next, never even considered a GMC truck at any point (no offense to loyal owners of such), the Titan lasted quite a while but the Ford seems to be the last one in the running so far. I could buy a UNIMOG, but thats just silly. Besides, if it has a Mercedes tricorn logo on it, chances are, it will be driven with extreme incompetence!

I dont know how it is where you guys live, but around here, what you drive is more about making statements and showing off....really goddamned stoopid, IMO. Thats an awfully big purchase just so you can parade materialism and a frail ego, not for me. Im not a diehard traditionalist by any means either, but i can get a better reading on the performance of a truck from one of them than from some pile of clothes driving something just because it does the dirty work of expressing their viewpoints so they dont have to do it themselves. A traditionalist KNOWS their truck because its a source of pride and its just a good idea, the pile of clothes knows nothing of their vehicle and will drive them poorly until something breaks, then they shovel thousands of unneccessary dollars into fixing it so they can get back to being empty inside (yes, i hate this fucking town).

Unless something amazing comes down the pike and completely replaces the Ford F-series, i think i need to go in that direction.

For me, it's about whether you need a truck. I don't. Wife's car is a '99 Blazer and it's been a bit of a headache to maintain, but outside of that, it's been okay.

I could really use a decent truck maybe once a year. To me, ponying up 30-40 grand for this just doesn't play. That's about half what I paid for my house! The trucks are great, but there's no way I could justify owning one. Paid $17.5K for the Altima, and that was the most extravagent purchase I've ever made. Over $20K for a vehicle? Probably won't happen here, but if you need it, I won't be the complaining dude.

Coupla guys at work recently bought Toyota trucks and they seem pretty happy. But damn, what else would they say?

1972 Maverick worked for me...

KA9MOT
04-07-2012, 01:24 AM
Too bad they don't make the Miata big enough to fit my fat arse. What fun I could have.........

N7YA
04-07-2012, 03:58 AM
For me, it's about whether you need a truck. I don't. Wife's car is a '99 Blazer and it's been a bit of a headache to maintain, but outside of that, it's been okay.

I could really use a decent truck maybe once a year. To me, ponying up 30-40 grand for this just doesn't play. That's about half what I paid for my house! The trucks are great, but there's no way I could justify owning one. Paid $17.5K for the Altima, and that was the most extravagent purchase I've ever made. Over $20K for a vehicle? Probably won't happen here, but if you need it, I won't be the complaining dude.

Coupla guys at work recently bought Toyota trucks and they seem pretty happy. But damn, what else would they say?

1972 Maverick worked for me...

Where ill be heading in a few years, i will need one. A tough, dependable one. I figure its best to get one while im still here as opposed to buying yet another vehicle later. My Xterra is great for here, but parts are starting to have to be replaced, its only at 60k.

WØTKX
04-07-2012, 07:33 AM
I had a straight six Maverick for years. Stereo was worth more than the car. Had a buddy who did hand painted lettering... and put a classy "name" on the back in a nice cursive script.

Stole the ""Le Car" meme. The Maverick was green, and he did it in orange.

To get the idea, it was kind of like this.

:lol:

"Le 'Ick"

N7YA
04-07-2012, 08:27 AM
I remember those. I always called them "Le Higgins Boat"....ugly bastards. Do you remember a car, if you can call it that, called "The Thing"?

WØTKX
04-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Hell yes. The Thing is a collector car for VW nuts. If you can find one that is not rusted out. :lol:

N7YA
04-07-2012, 08:32 AM
It kind of reminded me of Le Car, and around the same time frame...methinks some execs were stealing from eachother. Either way, it looked like a fleet of landing craft to me.

WØTKX
04-07-2012, 08:35 AM
An old co worker, who is now a senior engineer at Apple, bought a brand new Le Car. And he thought it was so hot he used driving gloves. My rusty old Datsun 810 station wagon easily kicked the Le Car's butt, even in handling.

True story.

N7YA
04-07-2012, 09:03 AM
:lol: Thats awesome.

kf0rt
04-07-2012, 09:06 AM
http://dayerses.com/data_images/posts/renault-lecar/renault-lecar-08.jpg

Le barf.

KG4CGC
04-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Le Golfe Cart.

WØTKX
04-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Actually, the darn thing did well in the Showroom Stock SCCA events. But still...

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/6/7/5/1/2/webimg/274830550_o.jpg

kf0rt
04-07-2012, 09:31 AM
The front end looks like it was designed by the same guy who did the Pacer.

NQ6U
04-07-2012, 11:50 AM
There's a reason you can't buy a new Renault in the U.S. anymore. That reason is Le Car. What a POS; I'd rather have a Yugo. At least those had a rear window defroster to keep your hands warm while you're pushing it home.

WØTKX
04-07-2012, 02:18 PM
My 810 was grey. Quite the sleeper, with a 260 Z motor and a 5 speed. In a freakin' wagon.

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/JCCS2011-507dan_NissanBluebird_Datsun810Maxima_wagon.jpg

N7YA
04-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Le Shoebox. That thing looks totally useless.

NQ6U
04-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Le Shoebox. That thing looks totally useless.

Looks can be deceiving. Take this thing, for example:

http://autoweek.com/storyimage/CW/20110711/CARNEWS/110719988/AR/0/1974-Alfa-Berlina-for-sale.jpg&maxW=630

Looks like pretty nondescript, don't it? What exactly is it anyway, a Toyota? A Fiat, maybe? Well, that nondescript little sedan would blow the doors off a BMW of that era with no problem, as I used to delight to do when I owned one.

It's '74 Alfa-Romeo Berlina, BTW.

WØTKX
04-07-2012, 08:01 PM
I'd recognize that grill anywhere.

Fast weirdness is cool...

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5163/5321091239_a7bd36b737_z.jpg

NQ6U
04-07-2012, 08:55 PM
I'd recognize that grill anywhere.

Fast weirdness is cool...

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5163/5321091239_a7bd36b737_z.jpg

I'm guessing on this one: TVR?

But, yeah, there was/is a subculture of gearheads who think that sleepers are the most fun, like the guy I knew who stuffed a 350 into a Rambler American. The thing got really squirrely if you got on the throttle too hard but if you could keep it on the road, it sure was fast.

WØTKX
04-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Reliant Sabre Six.

NQ6U
04-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Reliant Sabre Six.

Reliant, as in Reliant Robin, the three-wheeled abomination from the U.K.?

http://www.3wheelers.com/reliantrobin850.jpg

kf0rt
04-08-2012, 06:03 AM
One of my neighbors has a Unimog. You'd be stylin' driving one of those around in Maine, Adam. Think it'll hold the whole band, too.

http://www.greenangel.eu/Startseite/MB-Unimog-BW-MN-060805-01.jpg

WØTKX
04-08-2012, 11:52 AM
http://i.qkme.me/35xy3g.jpg

NQ6U
04-08-2012, 12:50 PM
One of my neighbors has a Unimog. You'd be stylin' driving one of those around in Maine, Adam. Think it'll hold the whole band, too.

http://www.greenangel.eu/Startseite/MB-Unimog-BW-MN-060805-01.jpg

Be sure yours has the machine gun mount. That really gets the ladies.

WØTKX
04-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Actually, there's quite a few of those running around in Colorado. Hell, I'd like one too.

Years ago, I got to demo a sweet DeLorean for quite a few hours...

http://www.entermyworld.com/cat/dhistory/collectibles/dmc-3700/dmclogan1x1.jpg

K7SGJ
04-08-2012, 02:08 PM

Especially if you're shooting blanks.

KG4CGC
04-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Especially if you're shooting blanks.

*spit take* :spit:

N2RJ
04-09-2012, 08:21 AM

When you said that I had to look to see if you were referring to a 4 cylinder Toyota pickup.

AB5S
04-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Friends don't let friends drive Chevys...

N7YA
04-14-2012, 10:29 AM
...well, not the trucks, anyway.

WØTKX
04-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Nobody liked my DeLorean memories... :cry:

One of my very favorite cars I ever owned was a 68 Falcon 6 banger.

The Thermoking A/C and Craig Powerplay Quad 8 Track made it comfy. 25-27 mpg too.

Mine was dark blue with the white top... dark blue matching wheels and baby moons, blackwalls.

http://images.canadianlisted.com/nlarge/1968-ford-falcon-sedan_4478426.jpg

NQ6U
04-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Nobody liked my DeLorean memories...

The DeLorean "snow"mobile, you mean? There was a reason for that stainless steel finish—it was as smooth as a mirror.

WØTKX
04-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Pope Carlo Jumping the Snark.

http://soaponarope.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/popeboxb.jpg

N7YA
04-17-2012, 06:00 AM
Just an update...

Test drive today. (no sale, but lots to think about). Three trucks.

Devie and I decided to swing by the big Ford dealership on the edge of town just to look around. I went right for the XLT's and noticed the door was unlocked, of course we had to get in and see how that felt. I noticed a well dressed Korean man patiently standing off to the side a few trucks away waiting for us. I knew he was our ambush and i was ready to fend him off. Turned out to be quite a low pressure, mild mannered gentleman with lots of answers...within minutes, the three of us were driving away in the XLT V6. It was very nice, i knew i was going to buy a Ford truck.

The V6 had good mileage and would be just fine hauling things, but i need to leave my options open in case i have to do bigger jobs. The 4 door Crew Cab was rare in V6, so we tried the V8 next, i could tell it had more power, but i didnt care for the bench seats as much, Dev liked the bucket seats better too. They were both great trucks. We werent going to buy a truck today, but we needed info. The guys at the dealership knew their demographic and werent into pissing off Ford truck buyers, which are mostly traditionalistic, old stodgy white guys who also hate being pitched like a teenaged girl. The manager, basically the top closer, came and sat with us...he reminded me of Ron White, minus the cigar and scotch. There was no pressure as he could see that Dev and i were pretty much deadeye, very well aware of our finances, credit rating and game plan. He knew we werent going to be buying today but was cool and gave us a lot to think about. He had Sean, the salesman, show us some pre-owned (used) stuff before we left.

We went out and he took us right to a 2011 Lariat V8. Holy Shit! It had every bell and whistle you could put on it and it was only $36k! Beautiful machine! Of course we had to take it for a spin. I knew right away as i touched the gas pedal that it wanted to take off like a fighter jet. We got on the open road and i floored it, it was hauling ass! The steering was like melted butter, the seats had heating and cooling IN them, hands free phone and music, moonroof, backup camera, individual trailer braking, the seat was full power, all leather, sound system, only 21k on the odometer...wow! Much of it was crap i dont even need, but if i can have it for the price of a basic XLT, well....

Seriously, i wouldnt care about that shit if the price wasnt $36k. So i think im calling my financial guy tomorrow to see if we can do this sooner than later because its going to happen anyway. Why not knock it out of the way if the numbers work? Were not impulse buyers by any means, we have no problem walking away...but i would sure hate to see that one go. I need a truck for work, interstate travelling, hauling an entire band comfortably with a trailer loaded with gear if need be. Theres a reason for this beyond the macho asshole thing.

Ill let you know what happenes since this is basically the thread for it. Oh, and they had a really cool, early 20's Model T delivery truck in the showroom. We asked (jokingly) if we could take that out for a spin, Sean said in a heavy Korean accent "You drive dat ting on these roads, yo gonna DIE!"....yep, i just had to get his card! :lol:

NQ6U
04-17-2012, 08:56 AM
I need a truck for work, interstate travelling, hauling an entire band comfortably with a trailer loaded with gear if need be. Theres a reason for this beyond the macho asshole thing.

The Eddie Bauer Package comes with the leather-upholstered machine gun mount.

N7YA
04-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Ooooooh! :hyper: