PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable tornados in Ft Worth and Dallas Texas

K7SGJ
04-03-2012, 01:43 PM
I just got home, and the TV was on CNN. They had live coverage of two tornados on the ground in Texas. One went through a trucking company yard, and picked up some tractor trailers several hundred feet in the air. Amazing live video. Unbelievable power.

N8YX
04-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Mother Nature can give a helluva blow job when she's in the mood.

KG4CGC
04-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Isn't that an attempt at balancing atmospheric pressures that have reached extremes? Sometimes tornadoes have been known to carry up crops and even frogs into the jetstream where they travel for miles, hundreds, sometimes thousands, before they finally fall back to the ground.

I recall a story on television many many years ago about a man in England. Normal afternoon and suddenly it was raining walnuts. A few minutes later it was raining peas. He started running around the house gather up all the baskets to set them outside for whatever the produce gods would drop on him next!

n2ize
04-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Isn't that an attempt at balancing atmospheric pressures that have reached extremes?

Sort of. Usually you have warm relatively humid air ahead of an approaching cold front. As the front approaches showers and thunderstorms form. You get a good rotating thunderstorm and as it advances forward warm air corkscrews inward and upward. As it does that its rotational velocity increases dramatically from the outer edges of the storm to the center of rotation... laws of physics...conservation of energy, angular momentum, and rotational moment of interta takes over and next thing you have is a narrow rotating column of air that can accomplish some incredible feats of strength, On one occasion it was known to actually lift a farm house of the ground with a little girl inside and carry the farm house all the way to Munchkin land .

WØTKX
04-03-2012, 03:02 PM
http://youtu.be/liHm39jlKgk

http://youtu.be/liHm39jlKgk

W2NAP
04-03-2012, 05:39 PM
several years ago. after some storms went though. I had to go pick up the trash out of the yard. one of the pieces of trash was one of them junk mail ads.

but it was addressed to someone in Kansas.

then last year. I found a empty envelope that was addressed to a guy in Kokomo,Indiana

KG4CGC
04-03-2012, 05:53 PM
several years ago. after some storms went though. I had to go pick up the trash out of the yard. one of the pieces of trash was one of them junk mail ads.

but it was addressed to someone in Kansas.

then last year. I found a empty envelope that was addressed to a guy in Kokomo,Indiana
Maybe you'll find a new rig this year.