PDA

View Full Version : Here We Go Again

W3WN
04-03-2012, 09:00 AM
So, we're flipping through channels last night, and when we hit the local Fox station, we catch the tail-end of a promo for a contest.

They're having auditions in 2 weeks. At least one, and up to four, "winners" will get sent to Providence RI at some unspecified point in time in the near future to audition for X-Factor.

Of COURSE Little Miss Field Day wants to try out. I didn't even bother to ask, I knew the answer.

Oh well, what's another Saturday blown standing around a mall, right? (Their auditions are at a local mall, and you MUST be present to win, so we have to be there from 10 AM -- probably much earlier, knowing how long lines get -- until 4 PM)

KC2UGV
04-03-2012, 09:02 AM
So, we're flipping through channels last night, and when we hit the local Fox station, we catch the tail-end of a promo for a contest.

They're having auditions in 2 weeks. At least one, and up to four, "winners" will get sent to Providence RI at some unspecified point in time in the near future to audition for X-Factor.

Of COURSE Little Miss Field Day wants to try out. I didn't even bother to ask, I knew the answer.

Oh well, what's another Saturday blown standing around a mall, right? (Their auditions are at a local mall, and you MUST be present to win, so we have to be there from 10 AM -- probably much earlier, knowing how long lines get -- until 4 PM)

Operate portable HF?

N2RJ
04-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Sometimes I'm glad that I'm ineligible for these contests. Then again it would have been more useful 15 years from now.

W3WN
04-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Operate portable HF?
From inside Century III mall? Nah, the building is too much like a Faraday cage. Besides, I went to the American Idol disaster waste of time fix audition, it's the boss's turn to waste a day accompany her on one of these.

suddenseer
04-03-2012, 11:14 AM
You're going to make a good dad for someone, someday. You should keep writing your daily experiences in a journal. Newspaper columnists get paid to write their stuff, and i think you're just as good, if not better than most columns i have read. Keep up the good work there Ron. BTW, the bra disaster had me in stitches.:rofl:

W3WN
04-03-2012, 12:08 PM
You're going to make a good dad for someone, someday. You should keep writing your daily experiences in a journal. Newspaper columnists get paid to write their stuff, and i think you're just as good, if not better than most columns i have read. Keep up the good work there Ron. BTW, the bra disaster had me in stitches.:rofl:Thanks.

I'd like to think I'm doing OK right now, of course... and believe me, having a 30 year old (step)son & a 15 year old daughter, well, if I don't have it right by now...