PDA

View Full Version : I didn't know that the still made doctors like this.

W1GUH
03-27-2012, 03:21 PM
The gastroenterologst (GI doc) that I first went to about my symptoms and who really took care of me well seems to be personally interested in my treatment. After I'd started at Memorial Sloane-Kettering, he personally called me twice to find out how it was going and to urge me to see him in an office visit. He even called to me in the street one day to ask how I was doing. This is a far cry from what I usually experience with a doctor; it's usually been professional but distant. Saw him last Monday for a "touching bases" office visit & he really does seem to care and he'll be there for me when I need him.

As for my cancer, it's status quo, and that's GOOD. My second scan showed that all tumors continue to shrink! About the best news possible. OTOH, both doctors have told me that this cancer will never be gone -- it'll be with me for the rest of my life. There may be temporary remissions, but never complete. Well, I can always hope for the discovery of a new treatment that WILL get rid of it! But....as long as nothing new crops up (And I don't know the probability of that...and I"m not asking) it seems that the worst I'm facing is what's happening now & that's OK!

KG4CGC
03-27-2012, 03:50 PM
That's the best news you can hear. I don't know how involved you are in lifestyle changes but certain roots and mushrooms can further aid in recovery and overall wellness.
The best thing I can tell you is to see what's available at your local health supplement store, make notes of the ingredients and before purchasing anything, go back home and research the available information before you decide what would work best for you.

PA5COR
03-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Big thumbs up for your improving health and the doctor!!

Looks like you are in good hands, and indeed progress is made in cancer treatment so hear is someone hoping for that for you and all others suffering the same!

Take care of yourself and stick to that doctor ;)

W1GUH
03-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the great supportive words, Charles and Cor. Regardless of how well my medical treatments goes, words like that remain a very important part of things. Thanks again!

W5GA
03-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Really glad to hear things are going well for you, Paul. Won't be long and you'll be doing this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nieNjGjjK_I

Well, maybe not. ;)

KC2UGV
03-27-2012, 07:35 PM
That is good news mate :)

w2amr
03-28-2012, 04:19 AM
Excellent!

ki4itv
03-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Awesome!
We're with you in spirit, Paul.
I've found your whole attitude about this refreshing, allowing me to be a little more optimistic about something I fear immensely.

W1GUH
03-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Really glad to hear things are going well for you, Paul. Won't be long and you'll be doing this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nieNjGjjK_I

Well, maybe not. ;)

I think there's a class at MSKCC where you can learn that!

W1GUH
03-28-2012, 09:24 PM
That is good news mate :)

Thanks, Corey. Words like that reallly, really help!

W1GUH
03-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Excellent!

Thanks!

W1GUH
03-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Awesome!
We're with you in spirit, Paul.
I've found your whole attitude about this refreshing, allowing me to be a little more optimistic about something I fear immensely.

So did I "before"...but now I'm getting the impression that it's easier to go through than it is to contemplate. Either that or when there's no real choice....

Words like yours and all others who have expressed their support to me are the second biggest factor in keeping my spirits high. Thank you!

K7SGJ
03-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Glad to hear you are doing so well. Keep at it! By the by, the barkeep is correctamundo about the mushrooms. I had some once that........................damn.... never mind. I really don't remember much after eating them.

WØTKX
03-29-2012, 05:16 PM
So did I "before"...but now I'm getting the impression that it's easier to go through than it is to contemplate. Either that or when there's no real choice....

Words like yours and all others who have expressed their support to me are the second biggest factor in keeping my spirits high. Thank you!

True dat. I was scared out of my mind when I was diagnosed with cancer. But, so far, I seem to have beat it. It's been a little over a year since I finished chemo, almost a year since my last radiation blast. Next scan is in May.

I'm feeling strong again, and have been able to get very active. Skiing double diamonds and really able to boogie in the bumps again. It's become even more precious to me to do that stuff.

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv9/JasmineKyla/LiveSTRONG/Logo.jpg

W1GUH
03-29-2012, 05:20 PM
I hear you loud and clear!