PDA

View Full Version : Dayton

X-Rated
03-23-2012, 10:36 AM
I have reservations at a cheap sleazy hotel south of town. But I plan to be there for the second time.

Hope to see folks there.

W3WN
05-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Since we're coming up on crunch time, so to speak, thought it was time to bring this thread to the forefront.

Reminder -- if you're going, let's try and meet up somewhere for an informal eyeball.

I should be there all day Friday & Saturday, but I have some forums to attend Saturday afternoon.

... and yes, I know that some of our, ah, off shore brethern are planning to meet on Saturday around 12:30 at the ARRL Expo area. I am NOT suggesting that we rub their noses in our pina coladas (or other bar beverage with an umbrella in it of your choice).

N8YX
05-14-2012, 06:36 AM
I'll have to break out my DILLIGAF patch for that one. Or we'll be hanging around the Drake Gang. Maybe in the fleamarket.

W3WN
05-16-2012, 10:08 AM
OK. Tell you what.

IF you are going to be at Hamvention... lower flea market, near the perimeter fence, you should see a small tent with the WACOM club banner on it. No, that's not my club... but WACOM & WASH have a lot of overlap (they're the Washington County club, we cover the South Hills area which includes northern Washington Co along with southern Allegheny Co) & we all get along pretty well. I'll probably be down with the WACOM guys noon-ish on both Friday & Saturday having lunch, so if nothing else, look for me around there, around then.

If you're not going, don't worry about it.

Oh, K3AIR will be picking me up mid-afternoon tomorrow. If we don't spend most of the trip BS'ing, I'll be doing a little mobile DX'ing. We'll see.

KC9ECI
05-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Didn't fit in to my plans this year. For those of you going, have fun, maybe wear some rubber boots and a life jacket in the flea market area. If you're a first timer, blow off the Hamvention all together on Sunday and spend the day at the National Air Force Museum over at Wright-Patterson.

KG4CGC
05-16-2012, 03:27 PM
Truth. ↑↑↑
You never know when one of those shit volcanos is going to erupt randomly through the asphalt.

W1GUH
05-16-2012, 08:30 PM
'ECI:

If you're a first timer, blow off the Hamvention all together on Sunday and spend the day at the National Air Force Museum over at Wright-Patterson.

Or a second, third, etc.-timer! That museum is outstanding and a nice break from the craziness. And if you go, let me know if the headphones are still plugged into the mic jack on an ART-13!