PDA

View Full Version : For nerds (Of the sci-fi variety)

KC2UGV
03-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Ok, which captain do you think is the awesomest (Yes, that's a word):

* Cpt Kirk
* Cpt Sisko
* Cpt Picard
* Cpt Archer
* Cpt Sulu
* Han Solo
* Malcom Reynolds

For me? It's a tie between Malcom Reynolds and (Gasp) Cpt Archer. Both are bad asses of the highest order. Both knew, that when the cards are down, the rules can go out the window. Archer edges Reynolds out by a bit, only because Archer is also a diplomat of the highest order. Come on! He STARTED Starfleet!

Now, for many, Reynolds would be a shoe-in. For the Star Trek nerds, by "nerd credentials" have been revoked, for saying "Archer". But, if you watched Enterprise from Season 2, Ep 26 on; you'll see why Archer gets the vote.

Oh, and Archer kick's Picard's ass, because dogs are WAY better than fscking fish!

ki4itv
03-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Gotta go with the Playa.
He took being human along with him.

N8YX
03-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Picard. But not based on Stewart's Star Trek work. Go watch him in action in "Moby Dick" and "A Christmas Carol". Quite talented if you appreciate that theatre genre.

KC2UGV
03-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Picard. But not based on Stewart's Star Trek work. Go watch him in action in "Moby Dick" and "A Christmas Carol". Quite talented if you appreciate that theatre genre.

Ok, smart ass, should we bring "Castle" into it :rofl:

Stewart was phenomal in Macbeth (This one:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1570337/) as well. And, in Dune. He got his start in a London theatre company, if I recall correctly.

XE1/N5AL
03-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Kirk always got the girl: "Don't come a knocking if this Starship's a rocking".

kb2vxa
03-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Captain Zap Brannigan of the starship Nimbus, flagship of the D.O.O.P. As a Kirk antithesis and wannabe who never made it he's the awsomest if you consider every time you yawn you say aaawww.

NQ6U
03-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Simon Wagstaff, captain of the Wang Ho.

kb2vxa
03-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Simon Wagstaff: http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=26560106&ac=now

KA9MOT
03-16-2012, 11:39 PM
Stevie said Han Solo.......Hafta go with Stevie.... he is knowledgeable on this subject.

KB3LAZ
03-17-2012, 12:38 AM
I only know who three of them are. Did I fail the test?

kb2vxa
03-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Setting parody aside, there was Commander John J. Adams of the United Planets Cruiser C57-D aka Leslie Nielsen. Having seen Forbidden Planet first run in 1956 on the big screen at Radio City Music Hall it made a lasting impression, it's been my all time favorite sci-fi flick ever since. I'm not the only one and here's one for the Trekkies, it inspired Gene Roddenberry's creation and launched the heretofore little known William Shatner's career. There are a couple of parodies in it too, the "lion monster" being a projection of Dr. Morbius (Walter Pidgeon) it has his goatee. The other is the monster itself, being an MGM picture it's the studio mascot Leo.