PDA

View Full Version : Moonshine as a Christmas Gift!

KK4AMI
03-15-2012, 05:52 PM
A nurse friend of my XYL gave me a little Mason jar of Moonshine with a slice of Pear in it. Just cracked it open tonight cuz the wife is in meetings all night. Wow!!! That Pear coulda lasted forever soaking in that stuff. Hell, its going to kill me but my body won't need preserving. My lips burn, my tongue burns, my belly is warm and my eyes keep fogging up.:cry::spin::drool:

NA4BH
03-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Go at throttle up.

kb2vxa
03-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Now you know why they call it White Lightning.

NQ6U
03-15-2012, 07:51 PM
A real man would finish it up in one sitting. Are you a real man?

KG4CGC
03-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Ja'ever mix it with maple rosin?

n2ize
03-16-2012, 01:14 AM
Decades ago I made my own moonshine. The ingredients were ordinary white sugar and ordinary Fleishmans Double Acting bakers yeast. The equipment it was made in was common laboratory glassware. Once fermented it was distilled in a flask fitted with a water jacketed glass condenser and a Hempel column over a Bunsen burner. No aging, no mellowing, no nothing. The stuff was so intensely potent and so vile I couldn't bring myself to drink it. I did manage a little bit. But a friend of mine did and he liked it. He wanted my to make more but I never did.

ki4itv
03-16-2012, 08:37 AM
I've had some of that same stuff lately, Mike. The pear and the apple.
They're awesome right out of the jar...and give you a grinning glow quick-like.
I usually run into it around NASCAR time.
enjoy!

ki4itv
03-16-2012, 08:40 AM
A real man would finish it up in one sitting. Are you a real man?
Act like that and it'll have you picking gravel out of the side of your face when you wake up.
True story.

KK4AMI
03-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Today my head hurt and my eyes hurt this morning. Finally feeling normal (for me) now! Phew that was one strong pear!

kf0rt
03-16-2012, 12:45 PM
My head hurts, my feet stink, and I don't love Jesus (oh my lordy it's that...)
It's that kind of mornin'
Really was that kind of night
Tryin' to tell myself that my condition is improvin'
And if I don't die by Thursday I'll be roarin' Friday night

KK4AMI
03-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Yes, ol' Buffett is my hero, I should'a stuck with Tequila!

n2ize
03-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Couldn't be any more potent than 190 proof Everclear.

KG4CGC
03-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Couldn't be any more potent than 190 proof Everclear.

That's nothing but sugar liquor with a handfull of corn thrown in so they can call it "grain alcohol." Everclear is better suited for paint thinner and cleaner than for human consumption. Even if you dilute it down to 35 to 40%, it will still remove a layer of skin from your mouth and throat if you drink it. People here have been rushed to the emergency room and projectile vomiting half their blood up after drinking EC.
Everclear is stupid shit for stupid people.

kb2vxa
03-16-2012, 06:07 PM
"Decades ago I made my own moonshine."
No you didn't.
"The ingredients were ordinary white sugar and ordinary Fleishmans Double Acting bakers yeast."
That's how you make pure ethanol anhydride.
"The stuff was so intensely potent and so vile I couldn't bring myself to drink it."
That's why shiners throw first off the top on the ground. After it's been thumpin' a while the good stuff comes out, add a little water and you've got...

4 H and an FFA
On a field trip to the farm
Me and friend sneek off behind
This big old barn
Where we uncovered a covered up
Moonshine still
And we thought we'd drink our fill
And I swallowed it with a smile
ohh I run ten mile

Chug-a-lug chug a lug
Make u wanna holla hidy hoe,
Burns your tummy don't you know
Chug-a-lug chug-a-lug

Everqueer?
"That's nothing but sugar liquor with a handfull of corn thrown in so they can call it "grain alcohol."
That's why you can use it as paint remover or soak sawdust with it and pack it in a tube for Redneck dynamite.

Ain't nothing like the real thing, baby
Ain't nothing like the real thing

n2ize
03-16-2012, 09:02 PM
That's nothing but sugar liquor with a handfull of corn thrown in so they can call it "grain alcohol." Everclear is better suited for paint thinner and cleaner than for human consumption. Even if you dilute it down to 35 to 40%, it will still remove a layer of skin from your mouth and throat if you drink it. People here have been rushed to the emergency room and projectile vomiting half their blood up after drinking EC.
Everclear is stupid shit for stupid people.

It's basically near pure ethyl alcohol and, ethyl alcohol is ethyl alcohol, CH3CH2-0H regardless of what it's made from. Grain alcohol is the same as sugar alcohol, it's the molecule CH3CH2OH aka Ethanol.

If it's diluted down to 30-40% it's not going to dissolve your skin and cause severe bleeding any more than vodka or whiskey. If these people were vomiting blood then 1) they were very sick to begin with and should not have been drinking anything except perhaps..milk or Metamucil. 2) They were lying and were drinking the stuff full strength and then trying to cover for their stupidity or 3) They were drinking something else altogether....perhaps methanol or turpentine. :-D.

I've drank Everclear diluted to 40% or 80 proof by volume with pure distilled water.It is almost tasteless, odourless, and no more potent or irritating than 80 proof Nikolai vodka. It has about the same kick too. The only reason for buying Everclear is that it's cheap and a little bit goes a long way. A 1 litre bottle can be easily mixed down to more than 2 or even 3 litres with plenty of kick. That is a pretty good deal for persons like myself.who drink for kicks as opposed to taste.

BTW I wouldn't drink anything over 40% alcohol. Once you start approaching 50% / 100 proof the alcohol becomes very irritating to the mucous and lining of the throat and stomach. Anything over 50% should be diluted down before drinking

Last but not least... don't inject alcohol. I know of someone who did. He was very sorry that he did.

kf0rt
03-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Only ever had one experience with Everclear. Long ago, and don't remember it.

n2ize
03-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Everclear is also great for mixing with opium to make Laudanum.

kb2vxa
03-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Makes a good Green Dragon too but the fact remains nearly pure ethanol is pretty foul. That's why you'd never drink Laudanum straight, a little in water settles the stomach, stops cramping and diarrhea better than a cork.

KG4CGC
03-16-2012, 10:46 PM
It's basically near pure ethyl alcohol and, ethyl alcohol is ethyl alcohol, CH3CH2-0H regardless of what it's made from. Grain alcohol is the same as sugar alcohol, it's the molecule CH3CH2OH aka Ethanol.

If it's diluted down to 30-40% it's not going to dissolve your skin and cause severe bleeding any more than vodka or whiskey. If these people were vomiting blood then 1) they were very sick to begin with and should not have been drinking anything except perhaps..milk or Metamucil. 2) They were lying and were drinking the stuff full strength and then trying to cover for their stupidity or 3) They were drinking something else altogether....perhaps methanol or turpentine. :-D.

I've drank Everclear diluted to 40% or 80 proof by volume with pure distilled water.It is almost tasteless, odourless, and no more potent or irritating than 80 proof Nikolai vodka. It has about the same kick too. The only reason for buying Everclear is that it's cheap and a little bit goes a long way. A 1 litre bottle can be easily mixed down to more than 2 or even 3 litres with plenty of kick. That is a pretty good deal for persons like myself.who drink for kicks as opposed to taste.

BTW I wouldn't drink anything over 40% alcohol. Once you start approaching 50% / 100 proof the alcohol becomes very irritating to the mucous and lining of the throat and stomach. Anything over 50% should be diluted down before drinking

Last but not least... don't inject alcohol. I know of someone who did. He was very sorry that he did.
Well then sir, you're a better man than most. Please be careful out there.

n2ize
03-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Makes a good Green Dragon too but the fact remains nearly pure ethanol is pretty foul. That's why you'd never drink Laudanum straight, a little in water settles the stomach, stops cramping and diarrhea better than a cork.

It also clears the mind, makes one relaxed and euphoric, eases any type of pain (or at least makes it more bearable). An all round remedy.

ki4itv
03-17-2012, 08:04 AM
... or soak sawdust with it and pack it in a tube for Redneck dynamite.

Ok, now I'm thinkin' we've been to some of the same parties. :chin::lol:

kb2vxa
03-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Uh uh, you don't eat that stuff, it's hillbilly power bait for fishing.

ki4itv
03-17-2012, 11:02 PM
^^^I was talking pyrotechnics. We got the mind blowin' covered, mind you.;)

kf0rt
03-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Uh uh, you don't eat that stuff, it's hillbilly power bait for fishing.

"You here to talk, or fish?" :lol:

ki4itv
03-18-2012, 11:07 AM
^^:lol: