PDA

View Full Version : This was allowed in a school???????

KC2IFR
03-14-2012, 03:02 PM
This video will get folks talking Im sure.................I dont for one minute understand why this was allowed........
Now be nice with your reply's..........
http://www.truthwinsout.org/blog/2012/03/23278/

WØTKX
03-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Sounds like the kids may be learning about mankind's inhumanity.

The best that could happen is that this is a strong teaching moment if handled correctly. However, the idiots that booked the band should never be allowed to do that again.

I wonder if these kids have read Huckleberry Finn, Fahrenheit 451, 1984, etc.?

KC2IFR
03-14-2012, 03:18 PM
I wonder if these kids have read Huckleberry Finn, Fahrenheit 451, 1984, etc.?

I bet if u asked any of these kids who Huck Finn was.........u would get blank stares.........

WØTKX
03-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Yea. No child left behind. :roll:

n2ize
03-15-2012, 12:20 AM
It's disgraceful that crap like that should have been allowed near a school. The principal / administrators responsible should be fired immediately. I don't know what's going on these days but back when/where I went to school we would have bum rushed the stage and thrown them the hell out.

KG4CGC
03-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Westboro Baptist Church comes to mind.

W3WN
03-15-2012, 08:25 AM
This video will get folks talking Im sure.................I dont for one minute understand why this was allowed........
Now be nice with your reply's..........
http://www.truthwinsout.org/blog/2012/03/23278/Oh, that's easy. The principal allowed it because he appears to agree with the band's positions on these matters.

Read his comments carefully... it's phrased in a lawyer-coached way, and appears to imply that they didn't know about all of the band's political positions & views on intolerance, just the important ones mentioned as to why it was booked. Then read it again, and read between the lines... he knew. He tried to slip one in, and is now covering his butt in legalesee to try and gloss over that.

Now, based on what the principal said as justification, he should be fired for cause due to incompetence. In fact, IMHO:

Either he agrees with the band & thus should be fired for dereliction of duty for promoting hate speech; or he is too stupid to realize this, and thus is not qualified to hold the position and should be fired for incompetence.

KA9MOT
03-15-2012, 11:53 AM
When I was in high School, they brought in KISS! Then we figured out they were a Tribute Band and NOT KISS! Imagine our rage! The band walked off the stage after "Gene" was hit in the eye by a flying penny.

Jeez....what the hell is wrong with people? Jesus commanded that we love one another as we love ourselves. He said nothing about labeling and judging those who are different than us. It is amazing how mankind can take a message of love and skew it into hate.

Even fake KISS was much better than this.

WØTKX
03-15-2012, 12:09 PM
So what did you kids learn about the KISSing the eye of a (lame ass I'm sure) stage performer with a thrown penny? :chin:

kb2vxa
03-15-2012, 05:55 PM
So what did you learn at Woodstock when Abbey Hoffman got creamed with a Who guitar? Maybe it had something to do with mixing politics and music...