PDA

View Full Version : So now I'm 'scope rich..

W1GUH
03-10-2012, 08:48 PM
The hamfest in Feeding Hills was inside and small, but no matter. Got a nice clean Tek 465B with two specialty probes. ($150). That just might be the perfect 'scope for HF. So now I've got TWO Tek scopes. After I check out the 465B to make sure it works I'll be selling the 422 (35 Mhz BW, dual trace, no delayed sweep). So that's a heads-up.

[edit] The two probes were a hall-effect current probe (Sweet!), and what looks like a high precision 10x Probe. Haven't looked up the numbers yet. Real nice guy, too.

Also got a speaker from a Knight-Kit R-100. It's butchered a little, but I don't care -- it's still the basic plain cabinet I remember. Now, I just gotta find a nice, clean late model R-100 for it! That rx was the perfect upgrade from an AR-3 back in the day. Allied spec'd it's sensitivity at 1.5 uV on 10m. Hallicrafters NEVER advertised the sensitivity of the SX-99 or the SX-110.

Stopped by for an afternoon of great conversation with N1LAF on my way home - had a wonderful time.

N8YX
03-10-2012, 09:47 PM
IIRC, John ('ize) was in the market for such a scope.

N1LAF
03-11-2012, 11:27 AM
The hamfest in Feeding Hills was inside and small, but no matter. Got a nice clean Tek 465B with two specialty probes. ($150). That just might be the perfect 'scope for HF. So now I've got TWO Tek scopes. After I check out the 465B to make sure it works I'll be selling the 422 (35 Mhz BW, dual trace, no delayed sweep). So that's a heads-up.

[edit] The two probes were a hall-effect current probe (Sweet!), and what looks like a high precision 10x Probe. Haven't looked up the numbers yet. Real nice guy, too.

Also got a speaker from a Knight-Kit R-100. It's butchered a little, but I don't care -- it's still the basic plain cabinet I remember. Now, I just gotta find a nice, clean late model R-100 for it! That rx was the perfect upgrade from an AR-3 back in the day. Allied spec'd it's sensitivity at 1.5 uV on 10m. Hallicrafters NEVER advertised the sensitivity of the SX-99 or the SX-110.

Stopped by for an afternoon of great conversation with N1LAF on my way home - had a wonderful time.

It was a great afternoon of conversation, more to come. Did you finish that salad last night? Or today?

W1GUH
03-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Not yet. A little later. Was too tired when I got home - just vegged.

N7YA
03-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Vegged....salad....HA! I got it.