"Here lies Harry Baals"

kf0rt
02-26-2012, 07:29 AM
well I have seen a stone that said.

"Here lies Harry Baals"

"And the teasing ain't quite over yet." :rofl:

K7SGJ
02-26-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm not as curious about Hiscock, as I am about this Bombardier jet. I don't know what countries it flies to or from, (has kind of a French sounding flair) but expect there is a long wait to get into the lavs.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/bANGr/Forum Pics/QuebecAirlines.jpg

kb2vxa
02-26-2012, 10:56 PM
That almost works another way, ?-juice area. Then once upon a time I knew a Winston.

VE7DCW
02-26-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm not as curious about Hiscock, as I am about this Bombardier jet. I don't know what countries it flies to or from, (has kind of a French sounding flair) but expect there is a long wait to get into the lavs.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/bANGr/Forum Pics/QuebecAirlines.jpg

I had to look twice at this one ....this is just plain funny! :rofl:

Bombardier makes their stuff in Quebec so somehow it figures...... an airline using a famous saying used by VE7KFM ....yikes!! :snicker:

NQ6U
02-27-2012, 12:48 AM
I had to look twice at this one ....this is just plain funny! :rofl:

Bombardier makes their stuff in Quebec so somehow it figures...... an airline using a famous saying used by VE7KFM ....yikes!! :snicker:

Except that I think that's an IL-96, made in Russia. Could be wrong, all them airliners look alike.

VE7DCW
02-27-2012, 01:17 AM
Except that I think that's an IL-96, made in Russia. Could be wrong, all them airliners look alike.

Checking some photo's online and, yes, give the true Californian a cigar ..... it's an early version of the Ilyushin -96 airliner! .....not a bombardier built plane

It would be something the french would fly! :lol:

kb2vxa
02-27-2012, 01:37 AM
Before you go nuts trying to figure it out take a closer look. The name is a play on words, the tail number is not on the tail and has the prefixes for the UK (G) and Germany (D) combined. The kicker is the suffix, 0069. Nice Photoshop job though, you can tell by the fuzzies around the writing and fleur-de-lis.

KG4CGC
02-27-2012, 01:38 AM
Checking some photo's online and, yes, give the true Californian a cigar ..... it's an early version of the Ilyushin -96 airliner! .....not a bombardier built plane

It would be something the french would fly! :lol:
Congrats Carlo ☺
Where would the French fly this? Vietnam?

VE7DCW
02-27-2012, 03:02 AM
Before you go nuts trying to figure it out take a closer look. The name is a play on words, the tail number is not on the tail and has the prefixes for the UK (G) and Germany (D) combined. The kicker is the suffix, 0069. Nice Photoshop job though, you can tell by the fuzzies around the writing and fleur-de-lis.

Yeah it's photoshopped ....... still funny as hell ....but i'm still saying the french would fly something like this....... if I remember correctly the russians helped them developed their SECAM television system ...... oh well :-?

n2ize
02-27-2012, 06:12 AM
Yeah it's photoshopped ....... still funny as hell ....but i'm still saying the french would fly something like this....... if I remember correctly the russians helped them developed their SECAM television system ...... oh well :-?

That's because when the Russians build something they do it right. Russian make bettour then kepeetaleest peeg.

PA5COR
02-27-2012, 06:52 AM
As if the US Never The Same Colour ( NTSC) was better... ;)
The Phase Alternating Line ( P.A.L.) system was the best and used here.( Telefunken)
And the Russians could build good stuff, like their rockets, planes war planes as well.
Never underestimate your opponent, like the Germans found out.
Cheap and cheerfull T 34's killed the beautifull made expensive German tanks.

K7SGJ
02-27-2012, 06:58 AM

Party pooper

kb2vxa
02-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Oh here I go again debunking the NTSC myth to another European. The phase shift problem was corrected early on with the introduction of VITS, vertical interval test signal and perfected with VIR, vertical interval reference. Then GE decided to use the signal that rides the video to lock in home receivers, then everybody jumped on the bandwagon. Granted, PAL and SECAM gave better video (luminance) resolution but the color (chroma) having nothing better to do than paint color over a B&W image the only improvement was with chroma lock.

Ah chaddap, I'm an old TV tech and I cut my teeth on a 3.5875MHz crystal, when they grew in they left dents in a TO-3 case power transistor. I carry it on my key ring to remind people my bark is NOT worse than my bite.

Back to Photoshopped planes for a moment, here's a picture that's been kicking around in my archives for years. I wonder what Richard Branson would think of this.

K7SGJ
02-28-2012, 10:05 PM
Oh here I go again debunking the NTSC myth to another European. The phase shift problem was corrected early on with the introduction of VITS, vertical interval test signal and perfected with VIR, vertical interval reference. Then GE decided to use the signal that rides the video to lock in home receivers, then everybody jumped on the bandwagon. Granted, PAL and SECAM gave better video (luminance) resolution but the color (chroma) having nothing better to do than paint color over a B&W image the only improvement was with chroma lock.

Ah chaddap, I'm an old TV tech and I cut my teeth on a 3.5875MHz crystal, when they grew in they left dents in a TO-3 case power transistor. I carry it on my key ring to remind people my bark is NOT worse than my bite.

Back to Photoshopped planes for a moment, here's a picture that's been kicking around in my archives for years. I wonder what Richard Branson would think of this.

The problem with the blue plane is it's high cost to fly and maintain. It's the worst plane in their fleet. I don't know why they still fly it. It's not a money maker. In fact, they're in the hole. Hence the name.

hamguy
03-09-2012, 06:58 PM

Back to Photoshopped planes for a moment, here's a picture that's been kicking around in my archives for years. I wonder what Richard Branson would think of this.Hmm, after working in several TV stations here in the U.S., I went to Australia. First time I saw color (or should I say, colour) TV there I was amazed at how good the color was. Much better than NTSC.
-gary

kb2vxa
03-09-2012, 10:21 PM
That's because PAL gives higher resolution and better video quality overall. http://www.accesscomms.com.au/reference/austv.htm

As for that blue plane, you can ride a real SLUT here:

http://ridetheslut.com/

http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/stcar_slu.htm

NA4BH
03-09-2012, 10:46 PM
A real mystery................. God bless us all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnKtlTXF2Rc&feature=related

W5GA
03-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Russian make bettour then kepeetaleest peeg.
Thank you, Peggy. Now go back to your room.