PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I must be going

W4RLR
02-23-2012, 04:49 PM
With apologies to Phil Collins...

Two days before closing on our new home, the lender backed out. No luck in finding a new lender, and the seller of our home doesn't want to wait any longer in any event. This means moving back out of this new house and finding a storage company that will store our furniture. We're for all intents and purposes homeless as of the first of the month. Thankfully I have a travel trailer.

Maybe one day if I can fix the train wreck my life has become, I shall return. But with lack of an internet connection other than McDonalds, it may be quite awhile.

Good bye and God bless.

Richard

K7SGJ
02-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Man, that's a pisser. I hope you can get it all resolved soon, and get back to the island. Keep in touch when you can, and let us know how it goes. Best of luck.

KC2UGV
02-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Man, that sucks. Take your time, let your life get straightened out. Our bartender will have a drink waiting for your return.

KG4CGC
02-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Jesus Fucking Christ! What The Fuck is wrong with assholes today? I'm getting so goddamn tired of hearing this same fucking story everywhere!
Well, best of luck, OM. You're gonna fucking need it!

K7SGJ
02-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Jesus Fucking Christ! What The Fuck is wrong with assholes today? I'm getting so goddamn tired of hearing this same fucking story everywhere!
Well, best of luck, OM. You're gonna fucking need it!

Wow. Glad you weren't the morale officer on the Titanic. :-D

NA4BH
02-23-2012, 05:38 PM
This always cheers me up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TlNOwwQQJk

KG4CGC
02-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Wow. Glad you weren't the morale officer on the Titanic. :-DAside from being honestly upset with the situation, can you tell I'm nicotine deprived?

suddenseer
02-23-2012, 06:23 PM
This always cheers me up
This works for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M&feature=relatedThis works for me. Damn Richard, at least you have an income. Renting won't hurt you. I have been thinking about taking that route. You will figure something out.

Actually, this was the first thing that came to mind reading the header.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6yLRmo7CjU

K7SGJ
02-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Aside from being honestly upset with the situation, can you tell I'm nicotine deprived?

Need a smoke?

Here, smoke this little fucker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TlNOwwQQJk&feature=player_embedded

W3WN
02-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Holy schniekes.

Did the lender give you a reason?

We had something like that happen when we tried to buy our previous home. Partway through the process, there was a big scandal involving the mortgage company, it's President & CEO, and a lot of missing money. Company left a ton of people holding the bag at closing when they folded; we had enough time to get another company. Only cost us the appraisal (they charged us for it at closing, although we got a refund later when we pointed out that we'd already paid the first company for it)

Hang in there.

NQ6U
02-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Fucking bastards. I'm really sorry to hear this, Richard. Best of luck to you and let me know if you want me to send a few of my Sicilian relatives to pay a little "visit" to some bankers.

KG4CGC
02-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Fucking bastards. I'm really sorry to hear this, Richard. Best of luck to you and let me know if you want me to send a few of my Sicilian relatives to pay a little "visit" to some bankers.

Aren't there enough testicles in jars of formaldehyde on your mantle?

PA5COR
02-24-2012, 04:03 AM
^^ What they said Richard.
Hope things will improve fast and you have a home and be back in a good state with us.
Hang in there ...

N8YX
02-24-2012, 04:28 AM
Sorry to hear this, Richard. I don't look for the situation with lenders to get any better for the time being, however.

Best of luck to you and your family; something good will turn up.

And you weren't supposed to live at that particular house.

Ponder the italicized, if you will.

KK4AMI
02-24-2012, 07:20 AM
Just a temporary "Good Bye". We hope to see you back soon.

W5GA
02-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Y'all come back, and we'll leave the light on for ya.

suddenseer
02-24-2012, 07:34 PM
If you get to read this Richard. I hope I did not trivialize what you are going through. I did not mean to. I don't know what the laws in Tenn are compared to Ohio's but here you have rights. The owner must file an eviction notice, and you have 30 days to answer. This buys someone at least 60 days, maybe more. I bet Tennessee is similar.

KG4CGC
02-24-2012, 07:42 PM
If you get to read this Richard. I hope I did not trivialize what you are going through. I did not mean to. I don't know what the laws in Tenn are compared to Ohio's but here you have rights. The owner must file an eviction notice, and you have 30 days to answer. This buys someone at least 60 days, maybe more. I bet Tennessee is similar.

I don't know the law in Tenn but considering the recent Tea Party changes ...
No, not trying to start a partisan ass eating fest.

WØTKX
02-24-2012, 09:52 PM
What are you tawkin' 'bout?

http://themoderatevoice.com/wordpress-engine/files//2010/07/81376_600.jpg