PDA

View Full Version : Shack goodies are on the way!

KA9MOT
02-22-2012, 01:34 AM
The Tax refund finally came and I picked up a package deal that should be here Thursday!

Kenwood TS-570 S (G)
Ten Tec 555 Scout with 40M Module ( I'm purchasing modules for 75M, 20m and 10M from a ham in Canada)
SignaLink USB
Heil Handi mic
Heil Footswitch
Some sort of straight key (Not that I would know how to use it)
W2IHY Seller claims 3 band EQ but I think it is a 2 Band.

All for $900 shipped.

I'm probably going to sell everything but the radios. Anybody know what a W2IHY 2 band EQ is worth?

Here is a Pic:

Be listening for me this weekend. I plan to be all over the bands!

PA5COR
02-22-2012, 03:15 AM
First, Congrats!!

I had the 2 band eq, 100 bucks ight be a good price, it also includes a noisegate surpressing background noise like my EQplus.
Sold my 2 nand EQ for around 100 euro's so you might try to set the price at 125 dollar first and created some negotiation space ;)

Good luck with the new goodies, good to see you do better financially and hobby like now ;)

W5IEI
02-22-2012, 06:05 AM
Keep it all,play with it for a while,then decide if you want to sell anything.

You may just decide to keep all of it.

W1GUH
02-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Ummmmmm...you do realize that you're showing all the symptoms of Collectors's Disease? Be advised that there's no known cure, just a lot of us who also have the disease and will help you fill you space with great radios!

Enjoy all the goodies! Sounds great from here.

KA9MOT
02-22-2012, 12:25 PM
I just can't wait to play!

KK4AMI
02-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Congrats on getting the gear. I am learning about this ham collectors disease and so is my wife. She bought me an old oak secretary desk and told me I could fill it with ham gear and no more. I fooled her, I started outfitting my truck with a radio to!

K7SGJ
02-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Congrats on getting the gear. I am learning about this ham collectors disease and so is my wife. She bought me an old oak secretary desk and told me I could fill it with ham gear and no more. I fooled her, I started outfitting my truck with a radio to!

That's funny, my wife got me an old secretary, too.

XE1/N5AL
02-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Ummmmmm...you do realize that you're showing all the symptoms of Collectors's Disease?
a.k.a. Pathological Collecting

PA5COR
02-22-2012, 04:25 PM
:mrgreen::clap:^

WØTKX
02-22-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm gonna be curious to see what you think of those two radios. That much maligned "Jones Filter" in the Scout is very interesting, and effective. The TS-570 sounds nice on SSB transmit and receive... I've played with it before.

kf0rt
02-22-2012, 07:36 PM
The 570's a great little rig. S model has 6 meters.

WØTKX
02-22-2012, 11:34 PM
Yea. But I smell potential for more Ten Tec evangelism. ;)

VE7DCW
02-23-2012, 12:23 AM
a.k.a. Pathological Collecting

Yup ..... I don't know why I did it..... picked up an old Icom 701 with the matching PS and speaker ...... a cool 12 volt radio to do some digital experimenting with and throw in my 20 year old mini van ...... for the fun of it! :shhh:

WX7P
02-23-2012, 01:40 AM
It's cool that you're getting new equipment, but here's my disconnect.

Don't you always bitch about being broke?

Priority issue, maybe?

KA9MOT
02-23-2012, 02:01 AM

Priority issue, maybe?

No, I don't bitch. I will admit to getting desperate and asking for a little help getting back on the air, and pointing out that my financial situation was the reason for that. What I don't do is lay around the shack boo-hooing. If you were paying attention you'll remember I was asking for a loaner until my Tax Refund arrived and then I decided that if something were to happen to that loaner while being shipped or while in my care that I could not afford to replace it, so I decided not to risk the loaner.

As too my priority issues, I sold off my equipment to pay bills that fell behind because my truck broke in Feb and it cost me nearly $1000 to repair it, got caught up and Mom died in September and got behind again because of the expenses involved with that. All the bills are caught up again and the only pressing need was 1 cat needs his balls and claws cut off, We needed a new mattress and Stevie wanted $100 for a Lego set (Star Wars). So, the cat looses his balls and claws on the 12th, Stevie has already been grounded from his new Star Wars Lego set, and Mellisa wakes up with a little less back pain. What I didn't have was enough money to get myself a used VHF/UHF rig for my truck, so I'll sell off some of the stuff that I wont use in this package (or trade) and get one.

Should something bad happen and my bills get behind again, I'll sell off only enough to catch them up.

And I scored a great deal and get to play radio... What priority issues?

BTW, I would not have shit on your celebration of something new as you just did mine. I don't ever do anything disrespectful to any of you guys, not even in the Politics section where some of you like to rip each others heads off and shit down their necks. I'd appreciate the same courtesy.

KA9MOT
02-23-2012, 02:15 AM
I'm gonna be curious to see what you think of those two radios. That much maligned "Jones Filter" in the Scout is very interesting, and effective. The TS-570 sounds nice on SSB transmit and receive... I've played with it before.

I've seen differing opinions about the "Jones Filter". The guy I purchased this from claims I will "Love the Jones Filter". This will be my first Ten Tec and I am looking forward to trying it out. I've had the opportunity to play with a TS-570 in the past and was pretty impressed with it, but I am a Kenwood guy so, you know.....

The 570's a great little rig. S model has 6 meters.

Yes! I'm gonna have to come up with an antenna for 6M....my OCF Dipole doesn't work there real well.

WX7P
02-23-2012, 02:47 AM
No, I don't bitch. I will admit to getting desperate and asking for a little help getting back on the air, and pointing out that my financial situation was the reason for that. What I don't do is lay around the shack boo-hooing. If you were paying attention you'll remember I was asking for a loaner until my Tax Refund arrived and then I decided that if something were to happen to that loaner while being shipped or while in my care that I could not afford to replace it, so I decided not to risk the loaner.

As too my priority issues, I sold off my equipment to pay bills that fell behind because my truck broke in Feb and it cost me nearly $1000 to repair it, got caught up and Mom died in September and got behind again because of the expenses involved with that. All the bills are caught up again and the only pressing need was 1 cat needs his balls and claws cut off, We needed a new mattress and Stevie wanted $100 for a Lego set (Star Wars). So, the cat looses his balls and claws on the 12th, Stevie has already been grounded from his new Star Wars Lego set, and Mellisa wakes up with a little less back pain. What I didn't have was enough money to get myself a used VHF/UHF rig for my truck, so I'll sell off some of the stuff that I wont use in this package (or trade) and get one.

Should something bad happen and my bills get behind again, I'll sell off only enough to catch them up.

BTW, I would not have shit on your celebration of something new as you just did mine. I don't ever do anything disrespectful to any of you guys, not even in the Politics section where some of you like to rip each others heads off and shit down their necks. I'd appreciate the same courtesy.

It's not a matter of being disrespectful, it was a genuine question, that yes, some of the other people may not have asked, but I did.

Everyone has financial issues right now. I followed your sell the radio thingee with that overseas jerk and that complete bozo from San Diego who put the radio on YouTube and I sympathized completely. You posted at least two times looking for cheap radios or cheap memory for your computer.

I used to be an avid license plate collector. I got sucked into the "I'm poor" thing ONE TIME from someone on a rare license plate, and had the guy come back and do the Nelson ("The Simpsons") "Ha Ha" thing later. That happened in 1982, and it still is irritating, because the plate was the subject of an article in the license plate mag, and he mentioned that "he did a good job in negotiating the deal" for the plate.

I think that kind of stuff is bullshit. You're doing the same thing with crowing about being poor one minute, then bragging about a "great deal" the second. OTOH, I'm not going to question your choices about what you buy your kids, that's a personal choice.

If you're going to "work" someone, don't brag about it, that's all I have to say about it. It makes anyone who would maybe want to help you, less interested in doing so in times of need.

W1GUH
02-23-2012, 02:53 AM
And of course, you fancy yourself as the all-knowing judge of human character, right? Get over yourself, You know jack shit about people.,

It's not a matter of being disrespectful, it was a genuine question, that yes, some of the other people may not have asked, but I did.

Everyone has financial issues right now. I followed your sell the radio thingee with that overseas jerk and that complete bozo from San Diego who put the radio on YouTube and I sympathized completely. You posted at least two times looking for cheap radios or cheap memory for your computer.

I used to be an avid license plate collector. I got sucked into the "I'm poor" thing ONE TIME from someone on a rare license plate, and had the guy come back and do the Nelson ("The Simpsons") "Ha Ha" thing later. That happened in 1982, and it still is irritating, because the plate was the subject of an article in the license plate mag, and he mentioned that "he did a good job in negotiating the deal" for the plate.

I think that kind of stuff is bullshit. You're doing the same thing with crowing about being poor one minute, then bragging about a "great deal" the second. OTOH, I'm not going to question your choices about what you buy your kids, that's a personal choice.

If you're going to "work" someone, don't brag about it, that's all I have to say about it. It makes anyone who would maybe want to help you, less interested in doing so in times of need.

WX7P
02-23-2012, 03:04 AM
And of course, you fancy yourself as the all-knowing judge of human character, right? Get over yourself, You know jack shit about people.,

Wrong.

You know what I think about your knowledge. You embarrass yourself every time you post.

W1GUH
02-23-2012, 03:07 AM
Why don't you deal with your personal problems properly instead of taking them out on people you disagree with? YOu've expressed SO MUCH irrational BS here, it's disgusting. You're like a trapped animal sometimes - lashing out inappropriately at anyone who disagrees with you. And you REFUSE to discuss that, just keep attacking.

I'm aghast that that's tolerated here....do you have a "special" relationship with somebody? Sure appears to be the case the way you're allowed to poison the board with your utter BS.

KA9MOT
02-23-2012, 03:08 AM

I didn't take you on your license plate. Also, I never claimed I "worked" anybody. I said I scored a great deal. There is a difference. I took advantage of nobody, did not even mention my disability or income. The man wanted $950, I asked him what his bottom dollar was and he replied $900 and that is where we are at.

You assumed to much..............

Hmmm.... I went and looked at the posts you referenced:

DDR2 PC2 They want to sell real cheap? It's for my kid's computer. The damn thing died and it had a 1G stick in it, so I guess I'm looking for 1 or 2 Sticks. I'm trying to avoid sending Crucial $32 for something that only does Lego games and school work.

If it helps, this is what I'm looking for: http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=6B04989AA5CA7304

Something wrong with trying to save a few bucks? I don't seem to be trying to "work" anybody here......

and then here: http://forums.hamisland.net/showthread.php?19206-I-ve-not-done-this-before-but .... I'm not trying to take advantage of anybody here either.

So, I'll tell you what Janet, you go have a look and find that one post where I am trying to take advantage of somebody, and point it out to me.

WX7P
02-23-2012, 03:26 AM
Not worth effort

KA9MOT
02-23-2012, 03:30 AM
I've had shots taken at me by a lot a of people.

Not by me, but you fired from the hip anyway. Any kindness, kinship or friendship I may have felt for you is gone now.

WX7P
02-23-2012, 03:37 AM
I didn't take you on your license plate. Also, I never claimed I "worked" anybody. I said I scored a great deal. There is a difference. I took advantage of nobody, did not even mention my disability or income. The man wanted $950, I asked him what his bottom dollar was and he replied $900 and that is where we are at.

You assumed to much..............

Hmmm.... I went and looked at the posts you referenced:

Something wrong with trying to save a few bucks? I don't seem to be trying to "work" anybody here......

and then here: http://forums.hamisland.net/showthread.php?19206-I-ve-not-done-this-before-but .... I'm not trying to take advantage of anybody here either.

So, I'll tell you what Janet, you go have a look and find that one post where I am trying to take advantage of somebody, and point it out to me.

Steve, I'll respond to you tomorrow via PM.

KA9MOT
02-23-2012, 03:37 AM
That's funny, my wife got me an old secretary, too.

OMG! That is just wrong....

WX7P
02-23-2012, 03:40 AM
Not by me, but you fired from the hip anyway. Any kindness, kinship or friendship I may have felt for you is gone now.

Whoa, that response I made was to that idiot W1GUH, which I deleted.

Like I said, I'll respond tomorrow.

KA9MOT
02-23-2012, 03:45 AM
Funny, I don't consider W1GUH an idiot at all............I'n fact he was very helpful when I was trying to resolve my issues with the HW-101 and all of his advice was sound. You and he may disagree, but that does not make him an idiot. I like the guy! But then, I'm open minded and willing to give everybody a chance....even you.

I'm off to my bunk. My new stuff is s'posed to be here tomorrow and I have to meet the mailman to sign for it. Goodnight all!

PA5COR
02-23-2012, 06:53 AM
The old rule to count till 10 before pushing the admit button is still a good one.;)

KC2UGV
02-23-2012, 08:45 AM

Priority issue, maybe?

Same reason homeless people buy booze: All work (And worry, and stress), makes a person die early from a heart attack. Everyone needs a vent.

KC2UGV
02-23-2012, 08:46 AM

Do you even post in the politics section :lol:

K7SGJ
02-23-2012, 09:58 AM

Shit, man, whatever you do, don't get these mixed up.

KA9MOT
02-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Do you even post in the politics section :lol:

Not very often...for the reasons noted.....politics make me crazy anyway. :rofl:

KA9MOT
02-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Shit, man, whatever you do, don't get these mixed up.

Stevie would never forgive me! :rofl:

Thanks for the morning laugh!

When I was a kid, my dad told me of his childhood on the farm. One of his stories was him helping his big brother de-nut the hogs. Back in those days, they wrapped rubber bands around the hog's balls and lack of circulation caused them to shrivel up and fall off. I've been joking with STevie that I was gonna wrap a rubber band around the cat's balls and then one day, while Stevie was playing with him a couple of dried up raisins would fall off into his hand. He's not real fond of that joke....yet I find his reaction to it hilarious....

This cat is a very friendly cat (He even likes me) but we had to put him out on our enclosed but cold back porch because he was spraying. He comes and goes as he pleases and I am sure he has sowed his wild oats, which is a good thing judging by all the black and white, mutated strays we have around here. Too much inbreeding. Time to interject some new blood into the mess. When he is neutered we'll bring him back into the house... I really do feel badly for him..... at least he'll have his memories.

W1GUH
02-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Sounds like a great cat. Can you post a pic?

KA9MOT
02-23-2012, 01:03 PM
I had steal these off of Mellisa's KC9NSE phone. Odd there were no pictures of her.....Lots of pictures on me bending over, or sleeping or looking stoopid......

So, I found some good ones of everybody else so I'll introduce you to the family.

Stevie at the car show. Not our car, he was just a spectator.

This is Sherman. He is a Maine Coon that is 4 or 5 years old. He's a mean bastard but tolerates Mellisa and I. Probably because we feed him. He is a beautiful cat and I wish he was a little friendlier.

This is Francis. He is the one who is scheduled to lose his manhood.

This is Oliver and Francis. Ollie is my buddy. He is nice to me because he knows that I keep the laser in my pocket. He thinks I belong to him.

And lastly, this is Sherman and Ollie. They are doing homework.

I can't believe that phone takes such good pictures.

KC2UGV
02-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Ok, so let's just get this straight: The fellow in the first pic is getting the legos; not losing the balls, ok?

KG4CGC
02-23-2012, 01:26 PM
As to the cat: if you get him declawed and he gets outside, he will die. Please don't declaw your felines. Imagine cutting the tips of your fingers off down to the first knuckle. They can't catch vermin without claws or climb and cats must climb to both escape danger and survey their domain.
When I was growing up, my childhood friend's cat was unable to defend herself against ANYTHING and was killed by a small dog barley larger than her. It was a very sad time for a long time. When you get a cat, you live with their claws or you just don't get a cat.
I'm not here to bitch at you or give you hell. I'm simply advocating for your cat's claws and how important they are not only for their survival but their happiness and well being.

KA9MOT
02-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Ok, so let's just get this straight: The fellow in the first pic is getting the legos; not losing the balls, ok?

Hopefully...unless he pisses me off! :rofl:

W1GUH
02-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Great pix. Thanks! And, yea, what Charles says is true and good information. So if at all possible...?

KA9MOT
02-23-2012, 01:32 PM
As to the cat: if you get him declawed and he gets outside, he will die. Please don't declaw your felines. Imagine cutting the tips of your fingers off down to the first knuckle. They can't catch vermin without claws or climb and cats must climb to both escape danger and survey their domain.
When I was growing up, my childhood friend's cat was unable to defend herself against ANYTHING and was killed by a small dog barley larger than her. It was a very sad time for a long time. When you get a cat, you live with their claws or you just don't get a cat.
I'm not here to bitch at you or give you hell. I'm simply advocating for your cat's claws and how important they are not only for their survival but their happiness and well being.

And this is something I've been discussing with Mellisa. We have a need to protect our belongings but now that the cat is mostly an out door cat he has lost his fear. There is a very real possibility that he'll want to get out. I think we'll discuss it some more. I recall seeing something on TV years ago about training your cat to use a scratching post....I think I'll google the subject.

W1GUH
02-23-2012, 01:45 PM
FWIW...we had a big ol' Tabby tomcat adopt us. He had been abandoned & was living off the land, or trying to when he found us and worked his way into our hearts. He loved going outside & would let us know til we let him out.

Then we moved to a place with a busy highway just out back beyond the yard and decided that Tabby was going to become an indoor cat. That love adjust immediately -- never pestered us to be let out of the new place. And, every time we took him to the vet, sometimes with battle injuries, the advice was always, "It won't hurt him to be kept inside." It's actually doing a cat a favor by keeping said cat inside. Higher survival rate.

And as for scratching posts, yes, cats love them and will use them if provided. Catnip helps a lot! Just recently read a piece on the 'net about cats and scratching posts. You'll find a lot of good information about that.

PA5COR
02-23-2012, 02:54 PM
Taught our 3 cats to use a special pole on which hemp rope is glued on, they never touch our furniture in home, they can get out but mostly circle the block of housing we live in, and stay in the cordoned off backyard, leaving claw marks on a wood pole i put there for them.

Favourite place is in my lap, draped over the laptop, or above in a chair sleeping.

kb2vxa
02-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Yeah, tell that to Little Face (after Rod Stewart & Small Faces) the cat from hell. He ignored the scratching post and insisted on clawing the furniture until desparation set in, I had him de-clawed. Neutering supposed to stop marking never stopped him from peeing all over his spots, the chair and couch in the living room. Bye bye kitty, you're somebody else's problem now.

"Catnip helps a lot!"
Yeah, rolling, jumping, acting quite stoned and howling like the midnight chorus at noon. Oh and they drool, cat spit everywhere! They can't just kick back and enjoy the high and don't try to reason with them, they just look at you cross-eyed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUK3MkQDEOI

N1LAF
02-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Funny, I don't consider W1GUH an idiot at all............I'n fact he was very helpful when I was trying to resolve my issues with the HW-101 and all of his advice was sound. You and he may disagree, but that does not make him an idiot. I like the guy!

Let me reassure your assessment, W1GUH is not an idiot, he is a very smart and polite individual, they don't come better than Paul, W1GUH, when it comes to character and reputation. Anyone who thinks badly of Paul, W1GUH, I'll question their judgment, and any more attacks on Paul, W1GUH, will be met with my wrath.

WX7P
02-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Let me reassure your assessment, W1GUH is not an idiot, he is a very smart and polite individual, they don't come better than Paul, W1GUH, when it comes to character and reputation. Anyone who thinks badly of Paul, W1GUH, I'll question their judgment, and any more attacks on Paul, W1GUH, will be met with my wrath.

Why don't you deal with your personal problems properly instead of taking them out on people you disagree with? YOu've expressed SO MUCH irrational BS here, it's disgusting. You're like a trapped animal sometimes - lashing out inappropriately at anyone who disagrees with you. And you REFUSE to discuss that, just keep attacking.

I'm aghast that that's tolerated here....do you have a "special" relationship with somebody? Sure appears to be the case the way you're allowed to poison the board with your utter BS.

Sorry, Paul, but GUH is an asshole.

It's one thing to disagree or bag on political views, but it's another to pull bullshit psychoanalysis, which he does, because his ego can't handle being questioned about anything. I REFUSE to have some binary piece of work like GUH dictate to me how to act.

That's how all this started, when I told him that he full of it over constantly using the "both sides suck" argument, that's it. Ever since, the little boy has pouted.

Take your best shot.

KG4CGC
02-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Great work, LAF. You might as well ban me too because you're never going to hear the end of this one.

N1LAF
02-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Sorry, Paul, but GUH is an asshole.

It's one thing to disagree or bag on political views, but it's another to pull bullshit psychoanalysis, which he does, because his ego can't handle being questioned about anything. I REFUSE to have some binary piece of work like GUH dictate to me how to act.

That's how all this started, when I told him that he full of it over constantly using the "both sides suck" argument, that's it. Ever since, the little boy has pouted.

Take your best shot.

You know, I met Paul, GUH, at the Wallingford Ham Fest, the one in Meriden, CT, Over at Southington, CT, one right here in Gales Ferry, and a visit to the Sub Base Museum. So, for one, I have more credibility in assessing GUH's character. Every hamfest we have been to, many of the venders knew him, greeted him very warmly, and he was very gracious and kind to the vendors. Not the actions of an asshole. He is the type that would give you or anyone the shirt off his back, or a piece of radio equipment or computer equipment. This 'psychoanalysis' you quote is actually very sound advice for you to stop from self-destructing with many members here, he said things that many would like to say, but rather not put up with your denying BS. He is always been helpful to others, and participates in the forum without putting anyone down.

The way things have been going lately, Paul, GUH, may have something you don't - friends.

This may not be my best shot, but it is what I will give in this forum without being tossed off the site.

Have a good night, and maybe you want to try again when you are feeling better...

N1LAF
02-23-2012, 08:40 PM
Great work, LAF. You might as well ban me too because you're never going to hear the end of this one.

I will defend you the same way if someone came at you as one did with GUH. Banned? Who's banned? I NEVER banned anyone, not even a warning given.

N1LAF
02-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Now I see... that occurred while I was replying...

W4GPL
02-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Aww geez. Talk about bad timing. Paul N1LAF was not a part of a separate discussion involving myself, Rob, Dave, and Luke. Janet has been warned many times about her caustic and mean spirited behavior. After some discussion we decided to impose a temporary ban on Janet's access -- N1LAF had nothing to do with this, he wasn't part of the deliberation resulting in Janet's ban.

WØTKX
02-23-2012, 09:03 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/Weird_Science_Facepalm_01.gif

KG4CGC
02-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Aww geez. Talk about bad timing. Paul N1LAF was not a part of a separate discussion involving myself, Rob, Dave, and Luke. Janet has been warned many times about her caustic and mean spirited behavior. After some discussion we decided to impose a temporary ban on Janet's access -- N1LAF had nothing to do with this, he wasn't part of the deliberation resulting in Janet's ban.

I see. Well, while I didn't always agree with Janet's approach to things, she was indeed being honest, unlike others in the past who were just pushing things. Some ''adjustments'' are difficult.

And I mean honest with her opinion, not that I agreed in this case. I didn't.

kf0rt
02-23-2012, 09:23 PM

Absolutely. Janet has been given a brief vacation due to her inability to imbibe with friendliness. Paul (LAF) had nothing to do with this. Fact is, Janet's behavior here lately has been counter-productive and is not keeping with our desire to have a friendly environment. Complaints have been lodged and our staff agrees.

Janet has been given a 2-week vacation to the mainland. I pulled the plug (hate this shit, but have been here before). PM me if you disagree; or better yet, keep it public.

VE7DCW
02-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Absolutely. Janet has been given a brief vacation due to her inability to imbibe with friendliness. Paul (LAF) had nothing to do with this. Fact is, Janet's behavior here lately has been counter-productive and is not keeping with our desire to have a friendly environment. Complaints have been lodged and our staff agrees.

Janet has been given a 2-week vacation to the mainland. I pulled the plug (hate this shit, but have been here before). PM me if you disagree; or better yet, keep it public.

The moderation actions,and really what little action i've seen that was needed on The Island,is still a thankless job that is a bitch ......and then there's my mother-in-law..... :rofl:

KC2UGV
02-23-2012, 09:50 PM
The mods are all nazis. Trufax.

KG4CGC
02-23-2012, 09:52 PM

And Unibombers.

KC2UGV
02-23-2012, 09:55 PM
And Unibombers.

And, I think atheists too...

KC2UGV
02-23-2012, 09:55 PM
And, I think atheists too...

Well, Atheist Muslims. Trufax.

kf0rt
02-23-2012, 10:01 PM

No shit. We even have our own "situation room" where we sip tea and think about this all day long.

VE7DCW
02-23-2012, 10:04 PM
No shit. We even have our own "situation room" where we sip tea and think about this all day long.

Awww gee...... and I thought Wolf Blitzer was the only one with a "situation room" ?.... :hand:

KA9MOT
02-23-2012, 10:29 PM
OK Then.....back on track... Nothing came in the mail today :( There is always tomorrow for most of us. :) The anticipation is a major bummer.

Anybody else want to show off pictures of their critters? We'll have us a dual purpose thread!

VE7DCW
02-23-2012, 11:02 PM
OK Then.....back on track... Nothing came in the mail today :( There is always tomorrow for most of us. :) The anticipation is a major bummer.

Anybody else want to show off pictures of their critters? We'll have us a dual purpose thread!

O.K. ....i'll give you a picture of my cat :

Here's one of my tortoise shell coloured cat ....... Boo boo

This was taken a couple years back .....she's 16 years old...... :-D

KG4CGC
02-23-2012, 11:44 PM

Talk about a thread that got derailed ... http://forums.hamisland.net/showthread.php?14438-Look-What-Just-Came-Over

W1GUH
02-24-2012, 12:28 AM
OK. Here's Tabby. The cat that came in from the cold, worked his way into our hearts, and never (seriously!) did anything bad. May he rest in peace.

KA9MOT
02-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Talk about a thread that got derailed ... http://forums.hamisland.net/showthread.php?14438-Look-What-Just-Came-Over

That was a long and welcome read and yes, I saw that!

KA9MOT
02-24-2012, 12:33 AM
OK. Here's Tabby. The cat that came in from the cold, worked his way into our hearts, and never (seriously!) did anything bad. May he rest in peace.

Tabby looks just like the cat Mellisa owned when I first met her. Her name was Bubbies (stupid name) and I was always a dog person (still am), but Bubbies taught me to love cats. She was 22 years old when we put her down and I cried. Man I liked that cat....

W2NAP
02-24-2012, 05:22 PM
grats on the radio

hope you enjoy the 570.

also now you have to do a long youtube review of the 570

KG4CGC
02-24-2012, 05:27 PM
The 570 is also a good, all around receiver. True general coverage.

W1GUH
02-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Gotta ask you, Steve. Couldn't Stevie make a lego mic for the lego radio. Would probably sound better on the air?

K7SGJ
02-24-2012, 07:09 PM
grats on the radio

hope you enjoy the 570.

And I just know that Burt would be glad to pass along some utoob advice. :rofl:

KA9MOT
02-24-2012, 09:15 PM
grats on the radio

hope you enjoy the 570.

I haven't received the TS-570 yet. He shipped 2 boxes. One with the Kenwood in it and one with the Ten Tec and all of the other stuff in it. I got the box with the Ten Tec in it. Hopefully tomorrow for the Kenwood.....

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I wasted no time hooking up the Ten Tec to try her out. I noticed the power cord looked a whole lot ragged and it had an old Craig CB Mic. Overlooking the obvious, I put her on the air and checked into the MIDCARS Net on 7.258. Net control took my check in, and I heard a little crackle and the radio died. The power cord was completely hosed, had no fuse in it and thankfully the power supply protection kicked in. SO, I made a trip to Radio Shack and bought a Molex Connector with the correct pins, and rebuilt the power cord. Gonna have to work on that mic too.

I am very impressed with this Ten Tec. It has a little drift but I see there is a mod to fix that. Even with the crappy mic I received good audio reports. The receiver is very good.

Why is it I went to Radio Shack expecting to buy a Molex connector and ended up with a spool of shielded Audio Cable and 3 spools of Enameled Magnet Wire? It's a disease I tell ya'. I have everything I need to wind my 4:1 Current Balun now.

KA9MOT
02-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Gotta ask you, Steve. Couldn't Stevie make a lego mic for the lego radio. Would probably sound better on the air?

He did! Nice mic.....but the coiled cord was hard to make out of square Legos and kept falling apart. The last time we let him use Super Glue he glued his finger to his forehead.

KA9MOT
02-24-2012, 09:18 PM
And I just know that Burt would be glad to pass along some utoob advice. :rofl:

Burt is one of those you love to dislike.......Why did you hang that dog? Did he pee on you?

W1GUH
02-24-2012, 09:56 PM
He did! Nice mic.....but the coiled cord was hard to make out of square Legos and kept falling apart. The last time we let him use Super Glue he glued his finger to his forehead.

Have him make a wireless mic!

W2NAP
02-24-2012, 10:12 PM
I haven't received the TS-570 yet. He shipped 2 boxes. One with the Kenwood in it and one with the Ten Tec and all of the other stuff in it. I got the box with the Ten Tec in it. Hopefully tomorrow for the Kenwood.....

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I wasted no time hooking up the Ten Tec to try her out. I noticed the power cord looked a whole lot ragged and it had an old Craig CB Mic. Overlooking the obvious, I put her on the air and checked into the MIDCARS Net on 7.258. Net control took my check in, and I heard a little crackle and the radio died. The power cord was completely hosed, had no fuse in it and thankfully the power supply protection kicked in. SO, I made a trip to Radio Shack and bought a Molex Connector with the correct pins, and rebuilt the power cord. Gonna have to work on that mic too.

I am very impressed with this Ten Tec. It has a little drift but I see there is a mod to fix that. Even with the crappy mic I received good audio reports. The receiver is very good.

Why is it I went to Radio Shack expecting to buy a Molex connector and ended up with a spool of shielded Audio Cable and 3 spools of Enameled Magnet Wire? It's a disease I tell ya'. I have everything I need to wind my 4:1 Current Balun now.

just think of the fun you will have with the kenwood!

when I get a chance ill be making a new antenna. when that is done ill hop on 75 and 40. could prob work ya. just got to get some stuff 1st and wait for the.... mud to dry a bit.

KA9MOT
02-26-2012, 03:11 AM
No sign of that Kenwood yet.....depressing!

W2NAP
02-26-2012, 04:48 AM
no tracking #'s?

KA9MOT
02-26-2012, 12:54 PM
no tracking #'s?

The seller thought the Insurance numbers were tracking numbers. So, I'm working blind here. No reputation as a buyer or seller can be found either. I'm thinking he is honest and this is going to be another one of the USPS screw-ups but I am starting to get worried........

He is also aware that my brother, the retired Master Gunny (USMC) lives 20 miles away from him. Dad and his new Girlfriend will be going to visit my brother in March. If no radio arrives, I'll be catching a ride with them.

kb2vxa
02-26-2012, 03:44 PM
If he's anything like R. Lee Ermy I'd like to be there to watch the circus.

KA9MOT
02-26-2012, 10:02 PM
If he's anything like R. Lee Ermy I'd like to be there to watch the circus.

Robert is an Alpha Male and always has been. Even today at the age of 49 he is very competitive and is used to getting his way. A real pain in the ass for the rest of us. He is in perfect condition and I would be hesitant to face him even when I was in good shape and still invincible.

While still very authoritive and competitive he has learned to get his way by different means. What I mean is that if I felt the need to send him over there he would deliver the message with out acting like a Gunny. No raised voices or threatening actions. He would make a great cop, and would be a fair one, but he prefers to build race engines for the Tuner crowd..........retirement has been good to him.

K7SGJ
02-26-2012, 10:15 PM
The seller thought the Insurance numbers were tracking numbers. So, I'm working blind here. No reputation as a buyer or seller can be found either. I'm thinking he is honest and this is going to be another one of the USPS screw-ups but I am starting to get worried........

He is also aware that my brother, the retired Master Gunny (USMC) lives 20 miles away from him. Dad and his new Girlfriend will be going to visit my brother in March. If no radio arrives, I'll be catching a ride with them.

If It's USPS Priority, you will have a tracking number, and the insurance receipt number is delivery confirmation only for the other services like parcel post, 1st class, media, etc. I've looked at delivery confirmation numbers on parcel post and first class shipments many times. In all cases, they were delivered, but when you check the track and ship, delivery is only confirmed in about half of the shipments. Don't know why, it just is.

kb2vxa
02-26-2012, 11:41 PM
"He is in perfect condition and I would be hesitant to face him even when I was in good shape and still invincible."
An imposing figure is an excellent asset. I know a guy who was the spitting image of Arnold Schwarzenegger in his Terminator days and everybody knew you didn't give no lip to Big John (Gomolka).

"No raised voices or threatening actions."
No need, that nonsense works against you. Standing within an arm's length (striking distance) with lowered gaze and lowered voice makes imposing downright scary. Methinks I mentioned that's an effective way of keeping kids in line, works with adults too but maybe not with 800lb gorillas.

Yeah, send the gunny.

KG4CGC
02-26-2012, 11:51 PM
I sent someone a phone a couple of months back. It should have got there in 3 days and ended up taking 8. Shit happens along the way.

KA9MOT
02-27-2012, 11:43 AM
It's here! And it is beautiful! And it works! WOO-HOO!

PA5COR
02-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Congrats!! now get off the inturnetz, and on the radio, stat!

KA9MOT
02-27-2012, 01:09 PM
I didn't even have to send in the Marines!

COR, I've been playing with it since it got here!

PA5COR
02-27-2012, 01:29 PM
No wonder, i would have done the same, as with my Ft 2000 D LOL

KG4CGC
02-27-2012, 01:38 PM
You got antenners (aerials)

W1GUH
02-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Looking forward to working you. Will be mobil'ing this weekend, if not sooner. That is, if my recalcitrant '857 cooperates!

W2NAP
02-27-2012, 04:25 PM
should have had a utube vid of it 3 hours ago for all of us to see

KA9MOT
02-27-2012, 04:27 PM
You got antenners (aerials)

Multiples! I have antennae! I have a Butternut HF-9V with 160M kit that is older than my wife, ground mounted with no ground radials (gonna need help with those) that is missing parts and only has 80, 40, 20 and 10M left on it and I have a OCF Dipole at about 40 feet works but I think it could be better, so I plan to make a new Balun for it. I have a store bought (RadioWavez) 4:1 Balun on it now and I suspect that it is not my friend.

Still, I'm having fun.

KA9MOT
02-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Looking forward to working you. Will be mobil'ing this weekend, if not sooner. That is, if my recalcitrant '857 cooperates!

Pick a frequency and a time, and I'll be there!

KA9MOT
02-27-2012, 04:36 PM
should have had a utube vid of it 3 hours ago for all of us to see

Give me a little bit, and I'll see what I can get this old cell phone to do.

Yeah, that didn't work too good....and I don't own a camcorder :(

WØTKX
02-27-2012, 04:58 PM
Hoooooooray! The Radio is There! You're Somebody Now!

http://www.cuomoz.com/ibmblog/thenewphonebook.jpg

Have you got a cheap webcam? Maybe in the lid of a laptop?

Many simple point and shoot digital cameras work as a webcam when hooked up via USB.

WA4TM
02-27-2012, 05:37 PM
I didn't even have to send in the Marines!

COR, I've been playing with it since it got here!

Hell, I don't play with mine, when I grab it I mean business!!!!!:lol::lol: Oh, never mind you meant playing with the radio..

Ok, back to the radio with you!!!!!! Have fun...

W2NAP
02-27-2012, 06:43 PM
make any contacts yet?

K7SGJ
02-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Probably still playing with it. I'm sure he'll get back to the radio, soon.

W2NAP
02-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Probably still playing with it. I'm sure he'll get back to the radio, soon.

:lol:

w2amr
02-29-2012, 04:45 AM
Good stuff Charles. Amputating the ends of a cat's fingers will not only leave then defenseless, it is very painful process.

kb2vxa
03-01-2012, 06:13 PM
De-clawing is not amputating the ends of a cat's fingers, that would be de-fingering. Squeeze the cat's paw to see how it works. Not a painful process when the cat is anesthetized, but they do shake their paws for a day or two trying to figure out what happened. Now why de-claw an outdoor cat? Unless there are trees indoors a house cat claws substitutes and not all scratching posts are seen as trees so furniture will do.

KG4CGC
03-01-2012, 06:23 PM
De-clawing is not amputating the ends of a cat's fingers,
Yes it most certainly is! There is blood circulating two thirds down into each claw as well as nerve endings. True fact.

PA5COR
03-01-2012, 06:29 PM
None of my cats are declawed, it is considered animal cruelty here as well, for a reason too....

N8YX
03-01-2012, 06:36 PM
None of my cats are declawed, it is considered animal cruelty here as well, for a reason too....

Two of ours aren't. One is - he showed up that way. Probably a good thing, as he's absolutely brutal even without front claws.

w2amr
03-02-2012, 04:22 AM
De-clawing is not amputating the ends of a cat's fingers, that would be de-fingering. Squeeze the cat's paw to see how it works. Not a painful process when the cat is anesthetized, but they do shake their paws for a day or two trying to figure out what happened. Wrong, read this article from the humane society.

What is declawing?

Too often, people think that declawing is a simple surgery that removes a cat's nails—the equivalent of having your fingernails trimmed. Sadly, this is far from the truth.
Declawing traditionally involves the amputation of the last bone of each toe. If performed on a human being, it would be like cutting off each finger at the last knuckle.

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/cats/tips/declawing.html

KC2UGV
03-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Yes it most certainly is! There is blood circulating two thirds down into each claw as well as nerve endings. True fact.

The method you are thinking (Removal after the last knuckle) isn't done anymore. Generally, all that happens is the tendon is severed that allows a cat to extend it's claws. Tiny incision, and very rapid recovery time.

Not advocating for/against, but if your vet suggest the removal procedure, go to another vet, or ask for the tendon severing.

KC2UGV
03-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Wrong, read this article from the humane society.

What is declawing?

Too often, people think that declawing is a simple surgery that removes a cat's nails—the equivalent of having your fingernails trimmed. Sadly, this is far from the truth.
Declawing traditionally involves the amputation of the last bone of each toe. If performed on a human being, it would be like cutting off each finger at the last knuckle.

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/cats/tips/declawing.html

As an aside, HSUS is about as reliable a source as PETA. HSUS has not saved a single animal.

KA9MOT
03-02-2012, 11:05 AM
However the deed is accomplished, I am no longer comfortable with the idea of de-clawing this cat. My wife on the other hand, a life long crazy cat lady, says it must be de-clawed...we are discussing it.

UPDATE: I am very happy with my new rigs. I sold/traded off all the little stuff that I have no interest in or no desire to try. I kept the Ten Tec and the Kenwood, though I tried to trade the Ten Tec for a dual band rig for my truck unsuccessfully and that is about all I've kept except for the West Mountain Radio RigTalk. It won't work with either one of these radios but I can't give it away. I'm having a blast with both radios.

w2amr
03-02-2012, 01:29 PM
The method you are thinking (Removal after the last knuckle) isn't done anymore. Generally, all that happens is the tendon is severed that allows a cat to extend it's claws. Tiny incision, and very rapid recovery time.

Not advocating for/against, but if your vet suggest the removal procedure, go to another vet, or ask for the tendon severing.A third procedure is the tendonectomy, in which the tendon that controls the claw in each toe is severed. The cat keeps his claws, but can't control them or extend them to scratch. This procedure is associated with a high incidence of abnormally thick claw growth. Therefore, more frequent and challenging nail trims are required to prevent the cat's claws from snagging on people, carpet, furniture, and drapes, or growing into the pads.
Because of its complications, tendonectomy may lead to declawing anyway. Although tendonectomy is not actually amputation, a 1998 study published in the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association found the incidence of bleeding, lameness, and infection was similar for tendonectomy and declawing.

KC2UGV
03-02-2012, 01:32 PM
A third procedure is the tendonectomy, in which the tendon that controls the claw in each toe is severed. The cat keeps his claws, but can't control them or extend them to scratch. This procedure is associated with a high incidence of abnormally thick claw growth. Therefore, more frequent and challenging nail trims are required to prevent the cat's claws from snagging on people, carpet, furniture, and drapes, or growing into the pads.
Because of its complications, tendonectomy may lead to declawing anyway. Although tendonectomy is not actually amputation, a 1998 study published in the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association found the incidence of bleeding, lameness, and infection was similar for tendonectomy and declawing.

You do realize that 1998 was over a decade ago, right? Many advances in the veterinary medicine field :)

w2amr
03-02-2012, 05:17 PM
You do understand You do realize that 1998 was over a decade ago, right? :) Yes, I understand that. But IMHO , the practice of declawing or tendon severing of cats has not become any more humane.

KC2UGV
03-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Yes, I understand that. But IMHO , the practice of declawing or tendon severing of cats has not become any more humane.

Like I said, I am not stating a for/against it here, just laying facts out.

KC2UGV
03-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Personally, to fix the clawing up the furniture, I think this would be cheaper anyways:

http://www.softpaws.com/

And, it's cuter :)

kf0rt
03-02-2012, 05:46 PM
A third procedure is the tendonectomy, in which the tendon that controls the claw in each toe is severed. The cat keeps his claws, but can't control them or extend them to scratch. This procedure is associated with a high incidence of abnormally thick claw growth. Therefore, more frequent and challenging nail trims are required to prevent the cat's claws from snagging on people, carpet, furniture, and drapes, or growing into the pads.

Good education here - thanks, George.

We've had cats since I was in Jr. High or so (one at a time, though). Rule of thumb back when was that you declawed indoor cats, but if they ever went outdoors, you left the claws intact. Current cat here has her claws; last one did too -- both belong to our daughter. We declawed the cat my wife had when we got married and he lived a long and healthy life (indoors). Took some time for us to re-earn his trust, though.

K7SGJ
03-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Good education here - thanks, George.

We've had cats since I was in Jr. High or so (one at a time, though). Rule of thumb back when was that you declawed indoor cats, but if they ever went outdoors, you left the claws intact. Current cat here has her claws; last one did too -- both belong to our daughter. We declawed the cat my wife had when we got married and he lived a long and healthy life (indoors). Took some time for us to re-earn his trust, though.

The same thing is true of circumcision. Our boy was done at birth, now he's 23, and still doesn't trust us.

Probably would have been better off to have had his finger tips whacked off.

W1GUH
03-02-2012, 06:53 PM
The same thing is true of circumcision. Our boy was done at birth, now he's 23, and still doesn't trust us.

He actually remembers the deed? Wow! That's one prodigious offspring!

KA9MOT
03-02-2012, 07:19 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

K7SGJ
03-02-2012, 07:49 PM
He actually remembers the deed? Wow! That's one prodigious offspring!

Yes he is. The little bastid.

KA9MOT
03-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Yes he is. The little bastid.

Just tell him he is lucky you didn't have him spayed or neutered! :rofl:

K7SGJ
03-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Just tell him he is lucky you didn't have him spayed or neutered! :rofl:

I was tempted a few times when I had the spade in my hand, the rake, too.

KA9MOT
03-03-2012, 12:08 AM
OK, I sorta got the camera in this phone to work a little better. It still sucks but it is what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kqDQvLMWGA&feature=colike

kb2vxa
03-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Oh, we finally got around to "shack goodies".

W2NAP
03-03-2012, 09:03 PM
not bad not bad.

K7SGJ
03-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Nice coffee cup.

KA9MOT
03-04-2012, 12:53 AM
The coffee cup is the only thing I ever won at a Hamfest. It is an MFJ Coffee cup. I prefer to drink my coffee from a McDonalds large coffee cup...I'll keep one for weeks.

I hooked the key up and played with it awhile tonight, confirming once again that CW is one of the most boring things in the world, 2nd only to Murder She Wrote reruns... But now I know it works.

K7SGJ
03-06-2012, 09:27 AM
The coffee cup is the only thing I ever won at a Hamfest. It is an MFJ Coffee cup. I prefer to drink my coffee from a McDonalds large coffee cup...I'll keep one for weeks.

I hooked the key up and played with it awhile tonight, confirming once again that CW is one of the most boring things in the world, 2nd only to Murder She Wrote reruns... But now I know it works.

Yeah, but you don't get any points for MSW in any of the cw contests that happen every effing weekend, tying up the bands, taking all the bandwidth, people running illegal power levels, and -.-. --.- everywhere you go. Why don't they schedule these things for a weekend when the bands are dead? And all for what I ask you, FOR WHAT. A five second QSO, to lie to each other about their crappy signal? (Boy, I'm getting good at this. Did I miss anything?)

WØTKX
03-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Yes. Keyboard Kowboys.

KA9MOT
03-06-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm almost afraid to mention that I plan to use this key as a PTT Switch.......

W3WN
03-06-2012, 11:52 AM
< snip >
UPDATE: I am very happy with my new rigs. I sold/traded off all the little stuff that I have no interest in or no desire to try. I kept the Ten Tec and the Kenwood, though I tried to trade the Ten Tec for a dual band rig for my truck unsuccessfully and that is about all I've kept except for the West Mountain Radio RigTalk. It won't work with either one of these radios but I can't give it away. I'm having a blast with both radios.
Any particular make/model dual-band rig you looking for? I'll keep my eyes open...

KA9MOT
03-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Thanks Ron,
Something fairly current. It doesn't have to be special. Anywho, I'm looking for anything that works well, CTCSS Tones are a must and so is a removable face plate. It can be dirty and dusty (I'll clean it) but not beat up. And field programmable. I don't know why hams put rigs in their cars that must be programmed with a computer. Makes no sense.

K7SGJ
03-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Everytime I see the title of this thread (shack goodies are on the way) I can't help but think you might be getting one of his tennis shoes, a jersey, a used jock strap, or something else of equal value.

suddenseer
03-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Everytime I see the title of this thread (shack goodies are on the way) I can't help but think you might be getting one of his tennis shoes, a jersey, a used jock strap, or something else of equal value.i will take any of he 3.

K7SGJ
03-06-2012, 12:44 PM
i will take any of he 3.

I'm filling in for him. Check your mail in a few days. It won't be a jersey or shoes.

KA9MOT
03-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Everytime I see the title of this thread (shack goodies are on the way) I can't help but think you might be getting one of his tennis shoes, a jersey, a used jock strap, or something else of equal value.

LOL! That would suck. No, I got everything and it was all better then he described. Evn this old Ten Tec looks new. With part of the money that I got for selling the stuff I wouldn't use, I purchased a Ten Tec 1202 HF/VHF Wattmeter kit. Stevie and I are looking forward to assembling it when it gets here

W3WN
03-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks Ron,
Something fairly current. It doesn't have to be special. Anywho, I'm looking for anything that works well, CTCSS Tones are a must and so is a removable face plate. It can be dirty and dusty (I'll clean it) but not beat up. And field programmable. I don't know why hams put rigs in their cars that must be programmed with a computer. Makes no sense.
I never understood that either. It's one thing to program the rig for all your local stuff, but once you're doing some travelling...

No guarantees, but I'll see what I can find.

K7SGJ
03-06-2012, 02:49 PM
LOL! That would suck. No, I got everything and it was all better then he described. Evn this old Ten Tec looks new. With part of the money that I got for selling the stuff I wouldn't use, I purchased a Ten Tec 1202 HF/VHF Wattmeter kit. Stevie and I are looking forward to assembling it when it gets here

Outstanding. You're never too young for kit building. Besides, he'll be a ham one day, and everyone knows that every ham should know how to solder. Where have I heard that berore.

KA9MOT
03-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Thanks Ron, I appreciate it. The radio is cool enough and I like it, but buying this package deal, I didn't have enough to get a 2M/70cm rig for my truck. :( And Tornado season is upon us and it looks like it is going to be a bad one.

KA9MOT
03-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Outstanding. You're never too young for kit building. Besides, he'll be a ham one day, and everyone knows that every ham should know how to solder. Where have I heard that berore.

OH CRAP! I thought it was, "Every ham should know how to Soldier". Now I'm going to have to sell my Tank!
Stevie and I have built several projects. He likes LEDs. We built a flashing red LED for his Jack-O-Lantern and we've built him a red LED Nightlight with 36 Super Bright LEDs. he doesn't need a anight light anymore so he calls it mood lighting. LOL!
He wants to build an Android (don't call it a robot) and a Light Saber. The kid is a geek. No sports, won't fish, camping is boring but he likes girls and the one he likes is a geek too. Oh yeah, he likes 60s and 70s music and cars. His favorites are the Beatles and those old Fords.

K7SGJ
03-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Sounds like my kind of kid, for the most part. I like to camp and fish. 36 super bright LEDs? That's not a night light, that's a tanning light. Hope he wears SPF 45 to bed.

suddenseer
03-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Your kid is cool in my book.A kid that loves the Beatles is a friend of mine.

W3WN
03-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Your kid is cool in my book.A kid that loves the Beatles is a friend of mine.Stay away from my daughter.

suddenseer
03-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Stay away from my daughter.Your daughter is safe afsar as i am concerned

W2NAP
03-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Stay away from my daughter.

lol

N7YA
03-09-2012, 08:17 AM
I may have to wait on the new K3, im being audited.

K7SGJ
03-09-2012, 09:36 AM
I may have to wait on the new K3, im being audited.

Finances or musical aptitude?:lol:

N7YA
03-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Finances due to musical aptitude. ;)

K7SGJ
03-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Maybe you can do a few riffs at one of Obama's fund raisers in LV in trade.

kb2vxa
03-09-2012, 07:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH4IYnQ8WHQ

N7YA
03-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Maybe you can do a few riffs at one of Obama's fund raisers in LV in trade.

Aw crap! Are due for another one of those?? They always make me late for work from the traffic. The dude LOVES coming to Vegas. :whistle:

K7SGJ
03-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Aw crap! Are due for another one of those?? They always make me late for work from the traffic. The dude LOVES coming to Vegas. :whistle:

And now you know why they are auditing. Business+pleasure+take all of starving musicians money=Las Vegas.

N7YA
03-10-2012, 05:39 AM
I do know a LOT of really great musicians out of work right now. And each one of us is responsible for our own taxes...some just arent good at it. Fortunately, i have an entertainment tax cosmic warrior! An old Austrian guy who is bad ass! He is coming to the hearing.

K7SGJ
03-10-2012, 09:05 AM
I'd like to be a fly on the wall during that hearing.

N7YA
03-10-2012, 05:58 PM
He even told me and my wife that i may not even need to be there. He said these things happen and dont worry about it...but i am going to be there. I believe in facing the attack, i called the auditor myself to see what she was all about...i even pushed the date back a week. ;)

We are starting a small business, i want to know about shit like this. How it works, whats involved, etc....all important stuff.

....anyway, didnt mean to hijack the thread. It started with a ham buying new gear. New gear...gooooooood! :yes:

K7SGJ
03-10-2012, 07:12 PM
He even told me and my wife that i may not even need to be there. He said these things happen and dont worry about it...but i am going to be there. I believe in facing the attack, i called the auditor myself to see what she was all about...i even pushed the date back a week. ;)

We are starting a small business, i want to know about shit like this. How it works, whats involved, etc....all important stuff.

....anyway, didnt mean to hijack the thread. It started with a ham buying new gear. New gear...gooooooood! :yes:

Old gear good, too.

N7YA
03-11-2012, 06:43 AM
In the case of ham gear, old is just fine. In terms of basses...old gear...beyond gooooood!!

Oh how i would salivate at the thought of owning a pre-CBS Fender Jazz.

KA9MOT
03-11-2012, 05:48 PM
And... tomorrow is the big day! Francis will be losing his nads but keeping his toes and since we paid in advance (pay when ya' got the dough) I should be getting a refund! Tomorrow Francis, and then on Tuesday we get to pick him up and the other 2 will have their yearly examination.

N7YA
03-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Oh man....just the thought!

It will add years to his life though. :yes:

K7SGJ
03-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Oh man....just the thought!

It will add years to his life though. :yes:

How many? I might want to consider it.

N7YA
03-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Oh, not for humans. Dogs and cats dont spend the rest of their lives regretting it.

w2amr
03-12-2012, 04:17 AM
And... tomorrow is the big day! Francis will be losing his nads but keeping his toes and since we paid in advance (pay when ya' got the dough) I should be getting a refund! Tomorrow Francis, and then on Tuesday we get to pick him up and the other 2 will have their yearly examination.Good news Steve.