PDA

View Full Version : alinco dr-140

kk4fpx
02-20-2012, 09:13 PM
First thanks for the info on my other radio:-)
I picked up a alinco dr-140 the other day and I think I like it better than my yaesu.The only thing wrong with it is the volume control,it's real noisy when you adjust it.The radio is loud,but when you turn it down to a comfortable listening level,the audio goes out.
Anyone think I could open it up and maybe try and clean the pot with spray cleaner?

NQ6U
02-20-2012, 09:16 PM
I don't know how that radio comes apart but if you can do it, a little DeOxit might help with the noisy pot.

N8YX
02-21-2012, 10:48 AM
I don't know how that radio comes apart but if you can do it, a little DeOxit might help with the noisy pot.
+1.

Alinco parts can be hard to source in the US. If I needed any, I would look at the west-coast outfit. The other seems too busy/indifferent to bother.

kk4fpx
02-21-2012, 11:55 AM
I did it again,lost post.
Short version:Need new pot.Any sources.

K7SGJ
02-21-2012, 12:13 PM
I did it again,lost post.
Short version:Need new pot.Any sources.

Check with Pope Carlo. He has an amazing garden.

Seriously, try to Google the part number found on the control, you might get lucky. I am assuming you have tried Alinco?

You might give this a whirl if you haven't already:

For part orders, please e-mail here. (alincoparts@greamerica.com) You can also contact GRE America, Inc. at USA (650) 591-1400 Monday thru Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM to 5 PM LOCAL Time (PACIFIC). We accept Visa, MasterCard and for US/Canadian citizens only, personal checks and money orders.

Please have Alinco Part Numbers ready when contacting us, so that we can better assist you. Service and Parts manuals are available on-line for download at Alinco's manual download page (http://www.alinco.com/pdf.files/) & here. (http://www.greamerica.com/alincoparts/pdf.files/)

A $10.00 minimum order is required for parts; plus an average shipping charge of $9, can be expedited by having a Visa or MasterCard available.
Payment is also acceptable by Money Order, PayPal or a *personal check (USA and Canada only). Orders completed before 3 PM Pacific Time will be shipped the same day via UPS Ground. If the part is available and not in stock, the expected delivery time from the factory can be up to 21 days; typical is 10 to 14. Shipments via U.S. Postal Service are also available as an alternate.