PDA

View Full Version : Now here's a march for me -- supporting mustaches!

W1GUH
02-20-2012, 12:25 PM
‘Million Mustache March’ planned for April to encourage growth of facial hair (and the economy) (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/million-mustache-march-planned-april-encourage-growth-facial-134239007.html)

Have had a 'stache since '71 -- never even considered getting rid of it, even for job interviews. I did shave it once a few years ago; hated not having it & vowed to never again try that!

W3WN
02-20-2012, 01:44 PM
What is it... 6 more weeks to April 1st? Someone's started early.

KG4CGC
02-20-2012, 02:06 PM
What is it with the right's obsession with having a lack of facial hair and even a lack of scalp hair?
Shaving was a tradition started by warring Romans to keep their enemies from grabbing their beards in battle. Alexander the Great, I believe.
Have certain groups made it acceptable to be in a constant state of war? Explains why we're constantly in campaign mode.

K7SGJ
02-20-2012, 03:42 PM
What is it with the right's obsession with having a lack of facial hair and even a lack of scalp hair?
Shaving was a tradition started by warring Romans to keep their enemies from grabbing their beards in battle. Alexander the Great, I believe.
Have certain groups made it acceptable to be in a constant state of war? Explains why we're constantly in campaign mode.

Yep. Now what you find in battle are bald soldiers grabing the enemy by the nuts. I'll keep my beard, thanks.

KG4CGC
02-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Yep. Now what you find in battle are bald soldiers grabing the enemy by the nuts. I'll keep my beard, thanks.

The enemy? Seems that the (R)s are more worried about them grabbing each other and also trying to make our own female soldiers legitimate targets of rape. Trying to legitimize rape I should say.

NQ6U
02-20-2012, 08:40 PM

Alexander the Great was a Greek, not a Roman.

K7SGJ
02-20-2012, 08:41 PM
Might of been a roamin Greek, ya never know.

W2NAP
02-21-2012, 12:08 AM
i got a full beard and long hair...

n2ize
02-21-2012, 07:28 AM
These days I have the republican look. No beards nor moustache and my hair is short. During the summer months I often wear a Panama hat.

W1GUH
02-21-2012, 07:37 AM
These days I have the republican look. No beards nor moustache and my hair is short. During the summer months I often wear a Panama hat.

"big panama with a purple hat band"?

And tan shoes with pink shoelace?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lof9itnRi-c

W3WN
02-21-2012, 08:34 AM
These days I have the republican look. No beards nor moustache and my hair is short. During the summer months I often wear a Panama hat.Sounds like Jonathan Winter's character in Moon Over Parador.

kb2vxa
02-21-2012, 03:47 PM
"These days I have the republican look."

Fat, grey, floppy ears and a long nose?