PDA

View Full Version : Friendship 7 50th Anniversary

WV6Z
02-17-2012, 07:41 AM
A must see.....John Glenn is a true national treasure and an amazing guy. Bill Nelson is a very creepy Southern Baptist televangelist type, but they didn't over dose the show with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-lTPK5sQAA&feature=colike

I'm sorry I cant seem to embed videos here anymore, this place has just evolved way past my understanding of a simple forum. I promise the link is safe though.

WV6Z
02-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Oh, and my apologies for not posting some paranoid bullshit about conservatives.....I will try harder next time. I'm in one of those moods this morning where I just don't have anything bad to say about anyone, which I know will rate me top of the list to be scorned around here. Why did I post this as a comment to my post you might ask? Simple......I fucked up and clicked on what's new after posting it and all I saw was line entry after line entry of stupidity and bullshit. Well, as I'm a fresh heart patient, you can rest assured I wont be wasting my time or elevating my blood pressure or pulse rate by perusing through your ignorance. God damn it, why do I even come here, worse yet, why do I like you guys?

W3WN
02-17-2012, 08:41 AM
< snip >
Well, as I'm a fresh heart patient, you can rest assured I wont be wasting my time or elevating my blood pressure or pulse rate by perusing through your ignorance. God damn it, why do I even come here, worse yet, why do I like you guys?What's not to like?

WV6Z
02-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I know. It's always reassuring to know that as I am momentarily immobilized I can always pop on to here and watch all of the problems of the world get solved. ;)

K7SGJ
02-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Yeah, I know. It's always reassuring to know that as I am momentarily immobilized I can always pop on to here and watch all of the problems of the world get solved. ;)

Or watch a shitload get created.

kb2crk
02-17-2012, 10:05 AM
It is always fun to sit back and watch the left and right battle it out ad-nauseum...

PA5COR
02-17-2012, 10:12 AM
What is there else to do for us O.F's? ;)

K7SGJ
02-17-2012, 10:13 AM
I would think by now they would have macros to use, thus saving posting time. Or maybe Dragon Naturally Speaking would cut down on posting time. I understand that a certain head honcho, big cheese, top dog, big kahuna, BMOC, admin/mod/ah on another site uses it. Appears to allow him to be a jerk at warp speed.

kf0rt
02-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Better with simple words than the devices of war, methinks.

W1GUH
02-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Oh, and my apologies for not posting some paranoid bullshit about conservatives.....I will try harder next time. I'm in one of those moods this morning where I just don't have anything bad to say about anyone, which I know will rate me top of the list to be scorned around here. Why did I post this as a comment to my post you might ask? Simple......I fucked up and clicked on what's new after posting it and all I saw was line entry after line entry of stupidity and bullshit. Well, as I'm a fresh heart patient, you can rest assured I wont be wasting my time or elevating my blood pressure or pulse rate by perusing through your ignorance. God damn it, why do I even come here, worse yet, why do I like you guys?

First, here's wishing you a speedy and full recovery. Sounds like you're well on the way. Good energy thoughts and prayers coming your way from here. Learned recently how well they work, they're easy to give and free!

And as for what you said:

Hear hear! Very well put. Been in that kind of mood since before I started my journey into the world of intense medicine. Life's too fuckin' short to...well, what you said.

W1GUH
02-19-2012, 08:18 PM

Well, if the "problems" have to do with right/left, or our sexual apparatus, or the nanny state, yep, they'll all get solved.

Of course, "trivial" problems, like how the Middle East appears to be going unstable or Greece's economic and now social problems, get ignored. Go figure.

ad4mg
02-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Well, if the "problems" have to do with right/left, or our sexual apparatus, or the nanny state, yep, they'll all get solved.
Since we're airing laundry, I'm curious how you can trivialize what "one side" of the political spectrum seems to be wreaking upon women in this country. I'll certainly draw scorn from those without the stomach for politics, but I somehow respect women and their rights a little more than I do a slab of meat.

These 'trivial' problems have severe consequences for women, but don't let that stop a good whine about political discussion here.

W1GUH
02-19-2012, 08:27 PM
How did you determine that I "trivialized" them. Simply mentioned that they were talked about while meanwhile nobody seems to care that the middle-east look like it's about to blow up.

W1GUH
02-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Since we're airing laundry, I'm curious how you can trivialize what "one side" of the political spectrum seems to be wreaking upon women in this country. I'll certainly draw scorn from those without the stomach for politics, but I somehow respect women and their rights a little more than I do a slab of meat.

These 'trivial' problems have severe consequences for women, but don't let that stop a good whine about political discussion here.

And what's with the hostlile tone? Did I miss a rule change that specifies that we MUST adopt hostility? Seems to be on the increase.

ad4mg
02-19-2012, 08:35 PM
And what's with the hostlile tone? Did I miss a rule change that specifies that we MUST adopt hostility? Seems to be on the increase.

No hostility. Just an observation. Your trivializing the health concerns of American women seemed out of character.

I might retort by asking why so defensive? Was offering a differing opinion a precursor to your hostility? If so, I can refrain from challenging you again.

kb2crk
02-19-2012, 08:47 PM
How did you determine that I "trivialized" them. Simply mentioned that they were talked about while meanwhile nobody seems to care that the middle-east look like it's about to blow up.

The middle east is always blowing up and There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT!

ad4mg
02-19-2012, 08:56 PM
BTW, the video is awesome. I have it playing in another tab. I find anything to do with our space program fascinating, past or present.

A shame the thing almost got buried in the noise ...

W3WN
02-20-2012, 08:51 AM

Solved? Yes.

Actually implementing solutions? That's another story.

KC2UGV
02-22-2012, 06:38 PM
The middle east is always blowing up and There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they DO NOT KNOW ABOUT IT!

I loved that movie :)

W3WN
02-23-2012, 01:04 PM
I loved that movie :)
Too bad the sequel was so lame.

Rumor has it that there's a third one in some level of production.