PDA

View Full Version : Heads up for MS Flight Sim fans.

W1GUH
02-15-2012, 01:11 PM
This site, on-final.com (http://www.on-final.com/welcome), has free downloads of approach plates. The do a really good job of putting together a custom manual of those airports you specify. It's free and easy and download speeds are reasonable.

This is a heads-up because there recently was an announcement that this id going away soon (IIRC, April), and I'm busy downloading (hopefully) all of the US charts. That's why the "For Sale" sign on that page.

It's not only approach plates. What you get is a great repro of the "official" manuals that also include all the notes & airport diagrams that are in those manuals. It's f'ing GREAT for planning approaches.

BTW - the more I use the yoke, the more addicted I am. Will probably get pedals. I'm actually and finally enjoying practicing VFR approaches!

KC2UGV
02-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Use wget to grab them all (There's a win32 version). Then, sit back, and watch your hard drive fill up :)

W1GUH
02-15-2012, 01:31 PM
Thanks, Corey!

n2ize
02-15-2012, 03:15 PM
I us3d to just download the plates I needed from any light planning site. Reason being I flew only certain runs, mostly between NY and Albany, Boston or Portland.