PDA

View Full Version : Don't call the game warden on me but.......

suddenseer
02-14-2012, 05:22 PM
I shot my first turkey today....

http://scottystarnes.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/remington870.jpg

It scared the shit out of everyone in frozen foods.:evil:

KG4CGC
02-14-2012, 05:26 PM
You owe me a new pair of drawers.

suddenseer
02-14-2012, 05:42 PM
here, more than a pair.

http://www.studio-international.co.uk/studio-images/simply_droog/drawers_b.jpg

NA4BH
02-14-2012, 07:18 PM
here, more than a pair.

http://www.studio-international.co.uk/studio-images/simply_droog/drawers_b.jpg

Nice drawers.

VK3ZL
02-15-2012, 02:49 AM
You are a bloody trick Tim....Good one..:lol::lol:

Bob..VK3ZL..

KB3LAZ
02-15-2012, 03:11 PM
I shot my first turkey today....

http://scottystarnes.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/remington870.jpg

It scared the shit out of everyone in frozen foods.:evil:

Lol, until I came across the bottom line I had a thought running through my head. I thought he was vegan. =P

suddenseer
02-15-2012, 08:36 PM
I am vegan. I kill animals because it keeps me from killing humans jk...I have not gone hunting since a horrible week at deer camp 15 years ago. Ohio is anal about killing Bambi, I cannot use my 30-30. Shotgun, primitive (muzzle loaders) and bow only. I think Indiana has allowed rifles recently. I have no problems with people who hunt, and eat and use the animal. I am vegan for health reasons only. I adore leather.

KB3LAZ
02-15-2012, 09:45 PM
I am vegan. I kill animals because it keeps me from killing humans jk...I have not gone hunting since a horrible week at deer camp 15 years ago. Ohio is anal about killing Bambi, I cannot use my 30-30. Shotgun, primitive (muzzle loaders) and bow only. I think Indiana has allowed rifles recently. I have no problems with people who hunt, and eat and use the animal. I am vegan for health reasons only. I adore leather.

What is deer camp?

kb2vxa
02-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Tent grounds for deer? You disappoint me oh sudden one, I was about to rejoice thinking of one less congressman.

W4RLR
02-15-2012, 10:59 PM
The wife loved the joke, Tim. I nearly crapped my pants myself.

suddenseer
02-16-2012, 04:47 PM
What is deer camp?My family owns a good sized parcel of land with fields, creeks, and woods in southern Ohio. No one lives there. There is an old mobile home on the property. My family sets up "camp" around the mobile home the during shotgun season for deer, usually the first week of
December. It is a sacred family ritual. We have a couple of 4 wheel atv's to make carrying the carcases back to camp. We have gmrs radios to keep in contact with the atv drivers. I managed to kill a 12 point buck. I field dressed him, tagged him, called the kid with the atv. He had his fecken radio turned off. I had to drag that carcass about 2 miles over fences, in the mud. It was raining, about 36 deg. The rain got heavier. My boot got stuck in the mud, and my bare foot came out. I was soaked to the skin, cold, and very pissed off at the kid who was supposed to come get me, and my game. When my buck was butchered, and stuffed in the freezer less a couple of dozen summer sausage sticks, I added up the cost of this meat. I easily had $50 per pound, plus all of the hassles, AND getting pneumonia from being out in the freezing rain. I missed a week of work, has hospitalized 2 days. I decided that would be my last year at deer camp. Fuck that.

KB3LAZ
02-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Ah, yes, a camp in that sense. I plan to one day have a camp or retreat of my own.

K7SGJ
02-16-2012, 04:56 PM
My family owns a good sized parcel of land with fields, creeks, and woods in southern Ohio. No one lives there. There is an old mobile home on the property. My family sets up "camp" around the mobile home the during shotgun season for deer, usually the first week of
December. It is a sacred family ritual. We have a couple of 4 wheel atv's to make carrying the carcases back to camp. We have gmrs radios to keep in contact with the atv drivers. I managed to kill a 12 point buck. I field dressed him, tagged him, called the kid with the atv. He had his fecken radio turned off. I had to drag that carcass about 2 miles over fences, in the mud. It was raining, about 36 deg. The rain got heavier. My boot got stuck in the mud, and my bare foot came out. I was soaked to the skin, cold, and very pissed off at the kid who was supposed to come get me, and my game. When my buck was butchered, and stuffed in the freezer less a couple of dozen summer sausage sticks, I added up the cost of this meat. I easily had $50 per pound, plus all of the hassles, AND getting pneumonia from being out in the freezing rain. I missed a week of work, has hospitalized 2 days. I decided that would be my last year at deer camp. Fuck that.

Was that the first time you ever heard a deer snicker?

suddenseer
02-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Tent grounds for deer? You disappoint me oh sudden one, I was about to rejoice thinking of one less congressman.Sorry to disappoint, thou gassy one who writes prose. Congress critters always regenerate, if one stops breathing a replacement continues to wreak the havoc.

suddenseer
02-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Was that the first time you ever heard a deer snicker?He got the last laugh.

K7SGJ
02-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Your lucky YOUR head isn't hanging on HIS den wall.

suddenseer
02-16-2012, 05:16 PM
The wife loved the joke, Tim. I nearly crapped my pants myself.I am glad you got a giggle in Richard.

kb2vxa
02-17-2012, 12:10 AM
In 3, 2, 1...