PDA

View Full Version : The Joys Of Grandparenting

ka4dpo
02-14-2012, 02:18 PM
So we took our two and a half year old grandson to the Udvar Hazy Air and Space Center on Sunday. He seemed to enjoy himself and didn't try to run off like he usually does. I took him on the 3D simulator ride that simulates flying in the Space Shuttle up to the ISC and back again. Kind of hokey for adults but he is convinced that we went into space and tells everyone. So the point of this is he had a cold, he sneezed on me, now I have it and I'm miserable. The joy of being a grandparent.

suddenseer
02-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Baby sitting my 4 yo granddaughter right at the moment. She loves PBS.

KG4CGC
02-14-2012, 05:40 PM
Peanut Buttle Stawberries?

Yes. Kids have more boogers than adults. When my GD was here, it was a constant battle between getting into peanur burr with her fingers when no one was looking and the picking.

suddenseer
02-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Mine lives here with me. She is alot of fun, but some days a little bit of her goes a long way. I am teaching her to play percussion on the djembe, and bongos. When my friends come over to play, she actually keeps a decent rhythm.

KG4CGC
02-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Mine lives here with me. She is alot of fun, but some days a little bit of her goes a long way. <snip>.

Or you answer the phone in baby talk.
(facepalm)

NQ6U
02-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Forget that baby-talk shit, I got my grand-rodents into bourbon. Nothing shuts the little bastids up like an alcohol-induced coma.

kf0rt
02-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Pope Carlo FTW.

KJ3N
02-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Forget that baby-talk shit, I got my grand-rodents into bourbon. Nothing shuts the little bastids up like an alcohol-induced coma.

:rofl: :rofl:

I stay as far away from the little snots as possible. I leave the grand-parenting to my other half. They're not my spawn (or the spawn of my spawn) in the first place. :yuck:

When they get closer to adulthood, I may have something to say to them. The oldest is only 10.

suddenseer
02-14-2012, 08:16 PM
Forget that baby-talk shit, I got my grand-rodents into bourbon. Nothing shuts the little bastids up like an alcohol-induced coma.half a 714 in the formula bottle, the are quiet all day.

KG4CGC
02-14-2012, 08:32 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

<snip>

When they get closer to adulthood, I may have something to say to them. ... .
"GIT OFFA MAH LAWN!"

KJ3N
02-14-2012, 08:57 PM
"GIT OFFA MAH LAWN!"

They're more than welcome to play on the lawn. I don't think they appreciate all the little land mines left by the dog, however.

KG4CGC
02-15-2012, 12:45 AM
They're more than welcome to play on the lawn. I don't think they appreciate all the little land mines left by the dog, however.
Tell them it's pirate's gold.