PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT piss off the Dad unit!

W5GA
02-10-2012, 09:36 AM
A 15yo gets a well deserved comeuppance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kl1ujzRidmU

W3WN
02-10-2012, 10:04 AM
"Dad unit" ??

Have you been watching Coneheads again? If so, go knarfl the garthok!

WX7P
02-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Sorry, Doug, but I disagree. Mr. Cowboy hat needs some serious anger management training.

"Really close to putting a bullet in your laptop". Nice, then he does! This guy is really close to putting a bullet in his own kid.

This guy is a rage-aholic and dangerous.

I don't see any difference between him and that Judge that beat the hell out of his 16 year old daughter.

Binary thinking, by people like this redneck bozo, is why people have trouble with their children. The kid might be a little princess, but the parents are responsible. This vid was finger pointing of the worse order, for his own failure to be a good parent.

W5GA
02-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Sorry, Doug, but I disagree. Mr. Cowboy hat needs some serious anger management training.

"Really close to putting a bullet in your laptop". Nice, then he does! This guy is really close to putting a bullet in his own kid.

This guy is a rage-aholic and dangerous.

I don't see any difference between him and that Judge that beat the hell out of his 16 year old daughter.

Binary thinking, by people like this redneck bozo, is why people have trouble with their children. The kid might be a little princess, but the parents are responsible. This vid was finger pointing of the worse order, for his own failure to be a good parent.
You're making a pretty incredible leap of illogic here, Jan. Going from shooting a laptop (to make a point - a bit over the top I'll grant you, but VERY effective.) to shooting the kid? Where'd that come from?
I see a vast difference between this guy and the dumb-assed judge. This guy didn't touch his kid.

W5IEI
02-10-2012, 11:50 AM
That looked really fun.
I have a 45,but I think an AR-15 with varmint bullets and a 30 round magazine would work too.

KC9ECI
02-10-2012, 12:18 PM
I'd have used a 12g with #6. would have made a more impressive pattern and I'd have only had to pull the trigger once.

KB3LAZ
02-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Well, looking from the outside in shows you one view but I am also young enough to look from the inside out. Do kids over exaggerate their chores? Ofc they do. Do they get pissy and say they are unsuspected, unloved, worked and treated like a slave? Again, ofc they do. Do they get pissed off and vent to their friends about it? Yet again, ofc they do. One more thing they do, and the dad mentioned this, they swear behind your back. What is the difference between today and when my parents and older parents generations were growing up? Today we have things like face book and parents find out about these outburst, easier than they would have in the past anyway.

Children particularly in their teens do go through a rebellious stage, at least a good majority of them. The thing is that most of them grow out of this stage too.

Now for father. Did he have the right to be pissed off? I think he did. Was shooting the laptop extreme? Very much so. Was putting it on youtube stupid...if I even have to answer that you have issues. I do not however find that the destruction of an inanimate object makes him a danger to his daughters well being. Then again, I grew up with a father that could be destructive to inanimate objects and never once have I been beaten or even slapped across the face etc. No mental trauma either. That does not mean that I agree with what was done.

In such situations you could easily give the laptop away etc. I think that would have just as much of an impact. If she wants another one have her work to pay for it. I have gone through similar situations. Ie..having things I took for granted taken away from me and then being told that if I want another one to use freely then I will have to pay for it myself, which I did. Learned two lessons with that one. However, in the end it is meaningless to an extent. If a child is rebellious enough they are just going to access social mediums and vent via alternate sources.

WX7P
02-10-2012, 01:25 PM
You're making a pretty incredible leap of illogic here, Jan. Going from shooting a laptop (to make a point - a bit over the top I'll grant you, but VERY effective.) to shooting the kid? Where'd that come from?
I see a vast difference between this guy and the dumb-assed judge. This guy didn't touch his kid.

Doug:

There's no leap of "illogic", at all.

This Cowboy dipshit is an obvious candidate for a problem later. If you REALLY watched the video, you can see his anger growing. Over his own daughter. That's wrong.

Like I said, the daughter is probably a princess. You tell a child they're "cute" when they are being manipulative and you're going to have problems. Who's fault is that? The parents. And it's the parents responsibility to FIX the problem, not with techniques that work on two year old's like "grounding".

This asshole is not being smart. He fucked up early, when the kid was little and he's now blaming her for acting out. HE'S the asshole, in my opinion. He didn't take the solution he should have used earlier and got his macho on to defend the fact that he's a lousy father.

It's obvious that child has issues. It's also obvious the father is responsible.

Good Grief. He's the adult. He's not acting like one with his stupid video and his gun bullshit.

KB3LAZ
02-10-2012, 01:34 PM
I dont really see where the child has issues. Im willing to bet that 75% of people go through such stages as a child. Just like I have never met a two year old that didnt throw a tantrum occasionally. Dont think I dont understand your point however. I may not see it in such an extreme light as you but I also dont condone it. I have also come to the realization over the years that everyone raises their kids different. Many of them do things that I do not agree with. I have also learned that trying to intervene has lead to problems on my end. From such things I have learned this. I will learn from the mistakes I see and raise my children to the best of my ability.

ki4itv
02-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Grandbaby with a dog collar on the way!

n2ize
02-10-2012, 02:15 PM
I have one word... BULLSHIT !! I am very sceptical that anything claimed in this video ever really happened. These days people will make all kinds of drama for free publicity and to draw a reaction from a gullible public.

But... if it is true then the guy is an asshole, plain and simple. What are we supposed to do, pity him ? Only a moron takes their family issues and turns them into UTube videos. By making this video the guy is showing a level of immaturity far below the immaturity he claims of his daughter. No wonder the daughter can't stand him. Assuming he even has a daughter and anything he is saying is true.

However, I think it is a load of bullshoot, drama made up to entertain the masses.

WX7P
02-10-2012, 02:24 PM
I have one word... BULLSHIT !! I am very sceptical that anything claimed in this video ever really happened. These days people will make all kinds of drama for free publicity and to draw a reaction from a gullible public.

But... if it is true then the guy is an asshole, plain and simple. What are we supposed to do, pity him ? Only a moron takes their family issues and turns them into UTube videos. By making this video the guy is showing a level of immaturity far below the immaturity he claims of his daughter. No wonder the daughter can't stand him. Assuming he even has a daughter and anything he is saying is true.

However, I think it is a load of bullshoot, drama made up to entertain the masses.

Oh, I think the video is true.

Southern fried dipshits like cowbay hat guy now think it's ok to abuse their children this way.

Instead of thinking of a way to fix the problem, this idiot has to make sure he's "right" by posting to facebook. Sure, she'll respond. This guy is a complete idiot.

I guess it's really too hard for cowboy hat guy to actually talk to his daughter, instead of talking at her.

KJ3N
02-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Interesting video.

I would have simply reformatted and restore the original factory image, then sold the laptop. That way, I'd make some coin on the deal.

KB3LAZ
02-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Interesting video.

I would have simply reformatted and restore the original factory image, then sold the laptop. That way, I'd make some coin on the deal.

Was my thought too. As I said if she wants another one she could go out and earn the money for it. Seems a more proper avenue to me.

n2ize
02-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Oh, I think the video is true.

Southern fried dipshits like cowbay hat guy now think it's ok to abuse their children this way.

Instead of thinking of a way to fix the problem, this idiot has to make sure he's "right" by posting to facebook. Sure, she'll respond. This guy is a complete idiot.

I guess it's really too hard for cowboy hat guy to actually talk to his daughter, instead of talking at her.

I agree, however I do remain sceptical as to its authenticity of claims. However, yes, if it is true then I can certainly understand why his daughter has no respect for him. He clearly has no sense or tact when ot comes to family related issues.

N2RJ
02-10-2012, 03:52 PM
I have one word... BULLSHIT !! I am very sceptical that anything claimed in this video ever really happened.

Give this man a cigar. I call FAKE.

Old laptops are a dime a dozen. His video went viral. Mission accomplished.

KB3LAZ
02-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Give this man a cigar. I call FAKE.

Old laptops are a dime a dozen. His video went viral. Mission accomplished.\

Hum, I will give him a cigar but he has to come get it. Im not going to NY.

KC9ECI
02-10-2012, 04:20 PM
2 million + views. I don't recall, was it serving adds during play? If not, I bet the guy is kicking himself now.

NA4BH
02-10-2012, 04:38 PM
I didn't see any ads

kb2vxa
02-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Say what you like about the dad but it's about time someone said something about the kid. She's lucky she didn't come up in the 50s, I got the snot whooped outa me for a lot less and it was LEGAL. Moreover, my neighborhood was one big family. Watch out for Mrs. Girard's broom, we didn't call her the witch for nothing. Don't get me wrong, we were the Little Rascals who grew up as Bowery Boys and had more fun than the Three Stooges doing it.

NA4BH
02-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Say what you like about the dad but it's about time someone said something about the kid. She's lucky she didn't come up in the 50s, I got the snot whooped outa me for a lot less and it was LEGAL. Moreover, my neighborhood was one big family. Watch out for Mrs. Girard's broom, we didn't call her the witch for nothing. Don't get me wrong, we were the Little Rascals who grew up as Bowery Boys and had more fun than the Three Stooges doing it.

Exactly. :agree:

KC2UGV
02-10-2012, 08:32 PM

Yeah, because in the 50's, she would have known her place was in the kitchen, making sammiches and babies...

:wtf:

KB3LAZ
02-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Yeah, because in the 50's, she would have known her place was in the kitchen, making sammiches and babies...

:wtf:

Hey now! I run the kitchen! Well, most of the time. My MIL and I trade recipes, Spanish for American..if you want to call them American. As Americans we just collect what taste good and call it our own. :P In fact, when I get back to Spain (in April) I will be making homemade beef gravy since my MIL has not had it since she was staying in England nearly a decade ago. Chicken Pie, mashed taters and gravy is a dish that I make that is a fave of my MIL.

As for the place knowing. I can find you a copy of Good wife if you like. =P

WX7P
02-10-2012, 09:34 PM

You're missing the point. The daughter is a product of Cowboy Hat's terrible parenting. Period. He's no victim, the child is. And she will be abused further.

I'm sick of assholes like Cowboy Hat blaming their kids for the parents lack of paying attention when the children were younger. You catch the shit he was moaning about early. You don't train and nurture from Day One, and this happens. You don't expect respect and responsibility to just happen. Cowboy Hat is all Hat and no father.

KC2UGV
02-10-2012, 09:36 PM
As for the place knowing. I can find you a copy of Good wife if you like. =P

Pass it to one of the people who thinks the 50's were a swell time.

kb2vxa
02-10-2012, 09:42 PM
No, I'm not missing the point. I wasn't raised by Doctor Spock and I don't need a time out either. I'm not in favor of beating the snot out of a kid but sometimes like the farmer, the 2X4 and the mule sometimes one needs a smack just to get his attention... THEN we talk.

You don't make babies in the kitchen, you make baby sammiches. Sammiches? You sound like Larry the cable guy. (;->) A woman has three jobs, a hostess in the living room, a cook in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom. A man has his job too only he needs the strength of Atlas, he supports the whole house. Don't forget towers, why do you think they're called guy wires?

"I will be making homemade beef gravy..."
Is there any other kind? I've seen the cans but I wouldn't feed that crap to the hogs or anything made with corn starch for that matter. Add a little flour and water to the drippings until it thickens, there's your gravy and no lumps either (unless you made lumpy water).

"I can find you a copy of Good wife if you like."
Now THIS is a good wife!

NA4BH
02-10-2012, 09:49 PM
You're missing the point. The daughter is a product of Cowboy Hat's terrible parenting. Period. He's no victim, the child is. And she will be abused further.

I'm sick of assholes like Cowboy Hat blaming their kids for the parents lack of paying attention when the children were younger. You catch the shit he was moaning about early. You don't train and nurture from Day One, and this happens. You don't expect respect and responsibility to just happen. Cowboy Hat is all Hat and no father.

Geeze, Jan, you need to keep your stereotyping consistent.......... You left out SOUTHERN, in your Cowboy Hat name bashing.

WX7P
02-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Geeze, Jan, you need to keep your stereotyping consistent.......... You left out SOUTHERN, in your Cowboy Hat name bashing.

C'mon Bob. Respond to the content.

Tell me how what I said is a stereotype. You're a smart guy, I really believe that. Not everything is a Southern slam.

The "cowboy hat" thing can apply to anyone in the West, even in CA, so chill baby. I think this guy is an idiot, for the reasons I stated.

I'm not trashing you with this next comment, but my name is "Janet". I do appreciate you and others trying to get my name correct, though.

NA4BH
02-10-2012, 09:59 PM
C'mon Bob. Respond to the content.

Tell me how what I said is a stereotype. You're a smart guy, I really believe that. Not everything is a Southern slam.

The "cowboy hat" thing can apply to anyone in the West, even in CA, so chill baby. I think this guy is an idiot, for the reasons I stated.

I'm not trashing you with this next comment, but my name is "Janet". I do appreciate you and others trying to get my name correct.

Southern fried dipshits

There you go.

I apologize for not typing your name correctly, Janet. But others have done it for a while now (and not been corrected), so I followed suit.

WX7P
02-10-2012, 10:01 PM
No, I'm not missing the point. I wasn't raised by Doctor Spock and I don't need a time out either. I'm not in favor of beating the snot out of a kid but sometimes like the farmer, the 2X4 and the mule sometimes one needs a smack just to get his attention... THEN we talk.

What?

So you ignore the kid early and get surprised when they act up later and respond with a 2X4?

That makes no sense.

What you're saying is a child gets all info and learning by osmosis, and if they don't, you beat it into them. That's just stupid.

When a kid fucks up, especially a teenager, one needs to figure out why, and analyze what could have been done differently. That's common sense, people.

KB3LAZ
02-10-2012, 10:02 PM

You don't make babies in the kitchen, you make baby sammiches. Sammiches? You sound like Larry the cable guy. (;->) A woman has three jobs, a hostess in the living room, a cook in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom. A man has his job too only he needs the strength of Atlas, he supports the whole house. Don't forget towers, why do you think they're called guy wires?

"I will be making homemade beef gravy..."
Is there any other kind? I've seen the cans but I wouldn't feed that crap to the hogs or anything made with corn starch for that matter. Add a little flour and water to the drippings until it thickens, there's your gravy and no lumps either (unless you made lumpy water).

"I can find you a copy of Good wife if you like."
Now THIS is a good wife!

Yes, beef gravy is not so good with chicken. A little roux of flower and butter plus chicken fat. Can do the same with pork and or beef. Etc. Depending on the meal I adjust the gravy. I also like to make vegetable gravy.

WX7P
02-10-2012, 10:03 PM
There you go.

I apologize for not typing your name correctly, Janet. But others have done it for a while now (and not been corrected), so I followed suit.

No harm no foul on the name thing, Bob. I didn't want to do the "look at me" thing, which I just did.

And yes, I did say what you quoted, I'll keep that in mind next time. Mea culpa.

NA4BH
02-10-2012, 10:08 PM
No harm, no foul.

Not everyone in the South is like that. I think you will find "people" like Cowboy hat in every State and every Nation.

Thanks for seeing my concerns, Janet.

Carry on.

KJ3N
02-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Pass it to one of the people who thinks the 50's were a swell time.

That would be anyone at CPAC.

W2NAP
02-10-2012, 10:27 PM
so a dude makes a youtube vid of him shooting a laptop for his 15mins of fame (cause it really what it is i bet) just like what aussie50 dose and that canadian dude farmdave?

everyone out for 15mins of fame

NA4BH
02-10-2012, 10:32 PM
so a dude makes a youtube vid of him shooting a laptop for his 15mins of fame (cause it really what it is i bet) just like what aussie50 dose and that canadian dude farmdave?

everyone out for 15mins of fame

But as previously stated, he screwed up by not putting ads on his video. He could have made a fortune. 2 million hits = money.

W2NAP
02-10-2012, 10:34 PM
But as previously stated, he screwed up by not putting ads on his video. He could have made a fortune. 2 million hits = money.

DOH!

how many other vids dose the guy have? if he only has 1 or 2 he may have not been invited to the "ad club" yet

NA4BH
02-10-2012, 10:39 PM
DOH!

how many other vids dose the guy have? if he only has 1 or 2 he may have not been invited to the "ad club" yet

I only have one video and was asked to join the "Cash for crap" club. Which I didn't.

W4RLR
02-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Hey, it worked for me, but then again I am a Southern asshat, and proud of it.

W5GA
02-10-2012, 10:41 PM
1. Kid hasn't been abused in any way, shape or form. The kid's a victim? Wake up...the kid is 15, and is in dire need of an epiphany. Such was just provided.

And sometimes, kids need a clue...delivered with a clue bat.

KC2UGV
02-10-2012, 10:42 PM
This man needs to not own guns. A gun should only be drawn for two purposes:

1) To practice killing a person.
2) Killing a person.

If you draw a gun to "prove a point" to someone, then you need your right to own revoked, as you have demonstrated idiocy, and have demonstrated you are unsafe in civilized society.

NA4BH
02-10-2012, 10:43 PM

You and I have papers to prove it :lol:

KC2UGV
02-10-2012, 10:44 PM
1. Kid hasn't been abused in any way, shape or form. The kid's a victim? Wake up...the kid is 15, and is in dire need of an epiphany. Such was just provided.

Of course! The child spoiled herself! We can tell from hearing only one side of a story. Not a chance he was molesting her, or another relative, or anything of that sort. We know, because the dad told his side.

Uh huh... Funny. My kids don't act this way, and I've never used a bat...

KB3LAZ
02-10-2012, 10:44 PM

I have never seen anyone with a hat on their ass. It may be amusing. =P

NA4BH
02-10-2012, 10:46 PM

2) Killing a person.

If you draw a gun to "prove a point" to someone, then you need your right to own revoked, as you have demonstrated idiocy, and have demonstrated you are unsafe in civilized society.

I swear to "F"ing God, tears are rolling down my cheeks right now. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and :rofl:

W5GA
02-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Uh huh... Funny. My kids don't act this way, and I've never used a bat...
And you've raised exactly how many 15 y.o. girls?

W2NAP
02-10-2012, 10:47 PM
dude really should have used an AK or an AR

K7SGJ
02-10-2012, 10:51 PM
I only have one video and was asked to join the "Cash for crap" club. Which I didn't.
I don'post on yt but I am curious what they pay a poster for adding adds. Anyone have any idea what the structure is?

WX7P
02-10-2012, 10:51 PM

Doug, you're smarter than this.

The Dad screwed up, period. How is his little diatribe going to fix his situation?

Now, he has a bunch of followers saying "right on". He still has the Dad/daughter situation he has to repair. He won't with this bullshit.

Just slapping someone around doesn't fix the problem, especially kids. And at 15, she's a kid. I still think the Dad is an asshole.

KC2UGV
02-10-2012, 10:52 PM

Well, I'm working on a 13 year old, and a 8 year old. And, my kids have never acted in such a fashion, and most likely, never will. I never acted in such a fashion, and my parents never used a bat on me.

WX7P
02-10-2012, 10:54 PM

I have raised a 15 year old.

I never had to deal with this bullshit because I spelled out the expectations when she was young. How hard is that? It's not.

KB3LAZ
02-10-2012, 10:54 PM

The Dad screwed up, period. How is his little diatribe going to fix his situation?

Now, he has a bunch of followers saying "right on". He still has the Dad/daughter situation he has to repair. He won't with this bullshit.

Just slapping someone around doesn't fix the problem, especially kids. And at 15, she's a kid. I still think the Dad is an asshole.

I have to agree with you here. As I said before, I do not condone this action even if I dont find it as abuse per se. That being said, if this stunt is real it will only make things worse and drive a wedge between him and his daughter.

NA4BH
02-10-2012, 10:56 PM
I don'post on yt but I am curious what they pay a poster for adding adds. Anyone have any idea what the structure is?

I guess that the reason for my invitation was, it was of a resort in Jamaica. They figured that people looking at it would want to see other travel ads. Just a guess. I really don't know how it works.

W5GA
02-10-2012, 10:57 PM

Nice dodge, Janet. Now, how exactly has "princess" been abused?
And yes, just slapping someone around oftentimes DOES fix the problem...especially at 15, when they're still a kid...and before they per chance come in contact with Juvie. Permission granted to think Dad is an asshole. My bet is his cure has been extremely effective, and not just with his daughter. I'm betting his daughter's friends have had a minor epiphany as well.

The punishment always has to fit the offense. As she started it on FB, I think it's totally appropriate that he take it there as well.

NA4BH
02-10-2012, 10:58 PM
I have to agree with you here. As I said before, I do not condone this action even if I dont find it as abuse per se. That being said, if this stunt is real it will only make things worse and drive a wedge between him and his daughter.

The friction may all stem form the Stepmom telling the daughter what to do.

KC2UGV
02-10-2012, 11:00 PM
And yes, just slapping someone around oftentimes DOES fix the problem...especially at 15, when they're still a kid...and before they per chance come in contact with Juvie. Permission granted to think Dad is an asshole. My bet is his cure has been extremely effective, and not just with his daughter. I'm betting his daughter's friends have had a minor epiphany as well.

I'm betting it isn't effective in the least.

She'll go to her friends house, and get on their computers. Borrow their phones. Use the lab computers. Buy a phone with money earned from playing tricks (Yes, it happens in the sticks too). See what he did, and it'll increase tensions.

All it did was make the dad feel like a boss, and that's it.

KB3LAZ
02-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Beating someone around also leads to the opposite at times. My uncle used to beat my little cousin around. 10 years later my cousin ended up doing time for breaking his fathers jaw and both of his legs. As they say, violence only begets more violence.

KB3LAZ
02-10-2012, 11:02 PM
The friction may all stem form the Stepmom telling the daughter what to do.

Possibly. I know when I was a teen and my parents split I refused to acknowledge my fathers new girlfriend. One of us would have ended up in a sanitarium had my parents not rekindled the flame.

NA4BH
02-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Possibly. I know when I was a teen and my parents split I refused to acknowledge my fathers new girlfriend. One of us would have ended up in a sanitarium had my parents not rekindled the flame.

When my parents split, I was already married and on my own. I kept in touch with both of them. My brother and sister didn't (they sided with our mother). This was a decision they came to regret, after our father died. Parents, love them or hate them, the sorrow starts when they are gone.

WX7P
02-10-2012, 11:25 PM

The punishment always has to fit the offense. As she started it on FB, I think it's totally appropriate that he take it there as well.

No dodge at all, Doug.

I think the person dodging is the Dad.

His response to the problem MIGHT have been appropriate for a 4 year old, but not for a 15 year old, which is my point.

This clown obviously ignored his child in the early years and missed the signs that there would be problems later. The excuse of "work, divorce, etc" (he mentioned a stepmother) doesn't wash with me. With children, you have to be constantly vigilant, not just in the "do the chores way". One has to PAY ATTENTION, something this guy obviously didn't do, otherwise this situation wouldn't have happened.

He's not going to slap his neglect out of the daughter now. He's now got a kid that's going to hate him forever, rightfully so, because he's an asshole.

I've been through all this. I didn't raise my daughter that way. Her mother left when she was 5 years old, so I was constantly vigilant. That doesn't mean being a victim or being a jerk about chores etc., it's just making sure your child is emotionally balanced. That doesn't mean you cave into everything the kid wants. It means you have a reason for every dictate you give them. "Because I told you so" never works, except in the control freak land. I grew up in that control freak environment, and I made sure my daughter didn't have to.

Anyone that dictates to a 15 year old without discussing what's up, is looking for problems, period. I saw this with my daughter's peers even in bucolic Santa Rosa, CA. This clown posting his YaHOO! shooting of the computer is just a stunt to point the finger at his kid, when he was the one who fucked up.

WX7P
02-10-2012, 11:29 PM
When my parents split, I was already married and on my own. I kept in touch with both of them. My brother and sister didn't (they sided with our mother). This was a decision they came to regret, after our father died. Parents, love them or hate them, the sorrow starts when they are gone.

Sorry to hear that, Bob.

I've forgiven my parents for their (my perception) transgressions and it's because of stories like yours. Sarah's parents have been gone since 2000 and she misses them every day. I think I'll finally feel the same way when mine are gone.

n2ize
02-11-2012, 06:23 AM

2) Killing a person.

I can think of other uses...

1) Hunting
2) Marksmanship practice
3) Pure pleasure.

n2ize
02-11-2012, 06:28 AM
He's not going to slap his neglect out of the daughter now. He's now got a kid that's going to hate him forever, rightfully so, because he's an asshole.

I've seen many kids living on the streets of NYC, living in squats, some strung out on heroin, cocaine, alcohol, etc. Some came from very far away, i.e. the south, the midwest, the West Coast, even overseas. Most of them had one thing in common. An idiot parent like the guy in this video,.

ad4mg
02-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Grandbaby with a dog collar on the way!

DirecTV will fix that, I've heard ...

N8YX
02-11-2012, 07:59 AM

2) Killing a person.

I can think of other uses...

1) Hunting
2) Marksmanship practice
3) Pure pleasure.

We're talking apples and oranges here...and the term Corey has in mind is "brandishing". It's by no means limited to display of a firearm - the act of showing any deadly weapon shown to others as a threat is classified as such.

KK4AMI
02-11-2012, 08:12 AM
While we're addressing terminology issues, a point of millinery etiquette. I think that's an Australian Bush hat, not a cowboy hat :)

N8YX
02-11-2012, 08:21 AM
While we're addressing terminology issues, a point of millinery etiquette. I think that's an Australian Bush hat, not a cowboy hat :)

Crikey!

n2ize
02-11-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm betting it isn't effective in the least.

She'll go to her friends house, and get on their computers. Borrow their phones. Use the lab computers. Buy a phone with money earned from playing tricks (Yes, it happens in the sticks too). See what he did, and it'll increase tensions.

All it did was make the dad feel like a boss, and that's it.

The fact that he had to make a video over his family issues and display it for the public to see tells me right off the bat he is a jackass looking for attention and public approval. Only a moron would make a UTube video over something like this. Normal people with 1/10th of a brain don;t make UTube videos over family issues.

And (assuming the scenario in this video is real which I doubt) you are right about the effect. As I pointed out above. I;ve seen plenty of kids living on the streets who grew up with parents like this.

ab1ga
02-11-2012, 12:38 PM
The fact that he had to make a video over his family issues and display it for the public to see tells me right off the bat he is a jackass looking for attention and public approval. Only a moron would make a UTube video over something like this.

And (assuming the scenario in this video is real which I doubt) you are right about the effect. As I pointed out above. I;ve seen plenty of kids living on the streets who grew up with parents like this.

My younger brother and his friends once engaged in some horseplay at his school, which resulted in some minor property damage. My dad said accidents happen, paid the bill, and thought the matter over. But the school committee had other ideas, and wanted the young'uns to appear with their parents for chastisement.

When I spoke with my brother about it years later, he said that his unease peaked not when he was forced to apologize for his misdeeds, but when his friend had to. Seems the kids father needed to put on a show, and denigrated his scion in the meeting room.

According to my brother, by father disapproved of the other man's behavior, told him what he thought about it with strong emphasis. My father is old school in every way, but for him this means that disciplining one's children is a private matter, and you -never- put down your own family in front of anyone else. Never, ever, period.

ki4itv
02-11-2012, 12:47 PM
My younger brother and his friends once engaged in some horseplay at his school, which resulted in some minor property damage. My dad said accidents happen, paid the bill, and thought the matter over. But the school committee had other ideas, and wanted the young'uns to appear with their parents for chastisement.

When I spoke with my brother about it years later, he said that his unease peaked not when he was forced to apologize for his misdeeds, but when his friend had to. Seems the kids father needed to put on a show, and denigrated his scion in the meeting room.

According to my brother, by father disapproved of the other man's behavior, told him what he thought about it with strong emphasis. My father is old school in every way, but for him this means that disciplining one's children is a private matter, and you -never- put down your own family in front of anyone else. Never, ever, period.

True, and obviously a fine man who's comfortable in his own skin.
Puffing oneself up in public by denegrating another (especially a subordinate) is often a sign of weakness looking for approval.

KB3LAZ
02-11-2012, 12:56 PM

Your father sounds a lot like my grandfather. Over the years I have been told many stories by my grandfather (I always enjoy any story he has to tell). Many of them involved the school and or school board. My mom, aunts, and uncles grew up in a time where the paddle was still used in school. Ofc my grandfather was not a fan of this. Not because he didnt believe in giving his kids a well earned smack on the butt but because he felt that such discipline should be dealt by either him or my grandmother. Not only should it not be administered by a teacher but it surely should not have been a public spectacle.

My grandfather to me is a very interesting man. Particularly for his generation and in comparison to his brothers and sisters. Yes, my grandfather can be a strict man but he is/was never unfair nor abusive. He does believe in a smack to the behind if you misbehave but you will never see him use anything but his hand to do so nor will you see him give a smack to the face etc. My grandfather is more the type to catch your attention and then make you realize what you have done wrong and learn from it.

I will give some examples from my childhood. I one broke a window (I was maybe 9 years old). Now, I did not do this playing ball or anything, if it did grandpa wouldnt have cared. I was upset and I threw a rock at it. My grandfather decided that to learn why I shouldnt do this and to understand the value of other peoples belongings I was going to pay for this window. Ofc I was too young to work for real so my grandfather made me weed the garden, rake the grass clippings, and clean the house for the whole weekend. After it was over I learned my lesson and my grandfather even bought me an ice cream.

Over the years my grandfather is one person that I have grown to respect more than anyone alive. He always has your attention, he has the ability to teach life lessons well, shows you the value of work, and can be very rewarding person too. He knows the value of hard work, education, and enjoyment in perfect balance. I would have to say that I have learned more about life from my grandfather than anyone else.

Anyway, not trying to steal the topic. You just reminded me of something that I wanted to share.

ab1ga
02-11-2012, 01:16 PM
My mom, aunts, and uncles grew up in a time where the paddle was still used in school. Ofc my grandfather was not a fan of this. Not because he didnt believe in giving his kids a well earned smack on the butt but because he felt that such discipline should be dealt by either him or my grandmother. Not only should it not be administered by a teacher but it surely should not have been a public spectacle.

Yes, they do sound the same, and the paddle brings back a memory.

For a while we lived in Boise, ID, which in 1974 still allowed the use of the paddle. When I registered at the junior high school and met with the school officials, my dad told the vice principal in charge of discipline that if there were any problems the school should just send me home with a note and he'd deal with the matter. The vice principal told my dad about the use of corporal punishment in Idaho and said they could handle any problems themselves. At that point my Dad's voice got very low and steady, like I'd never heard before, and he said "Send him home with a note. If you hit my son, I'll kill you." It was scary, but good, because from that point on I -knew-, without a doubt, that my father would cover my back no matter what, by whatever means necessary.

W3WN
02-12-2012, 11:54 AM
< snip >
If you draw a gun to "prove a point" to someone, then you need your right to own revoked, as you have demonstrated idiocy, and have demonstrated you are unsafe in civilized society.Furthermore, he's invoking the Second Rule in a Crisis Situation.

KB3LAZ
02-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Furthermore, he's invoking the Second Rule in a Crisis Situation.

I didnt see any spam.

K7SGJ
02-12-2012, 03:06 PM
I didnt see any spam.

I have several cans of it.

kb2vxa
02-12-2012, 08:05 PM
One less now.

W3WN
02-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Furthermore, he's invoking the Second Rule in a Crisis Situation.

I didnt see any spam.Nope. Wrong Rules:

Julius Benedict (http://forums.hamisland.net/name/nm0000216/): The first rule in a crisis situation: You negotiate first and you attack last.
You negotiate first, then you attack. You never negotiated. You don't know what kind of an enemy I am.
Julius Benedict (http://forums.hamisland.net/name/nm0000216/): You moved too soon.
Burt Klane (http://forums.hamisland.net/name/nm0001999/): What?
Julius Benedict (http://forums.hamisland.net/name/nm0000216/): The second rule in the crisis situation.
Morris Klane (http://forums.hamisland.net/name/nm0250614/): Uh oh, he's starting that funny talk again.
Julius Benedict (http://forums.hamisland.net/name/nm0000216/): If you choose to bluff, you must be prepared to have your bluff called.
Burt Klane (http://forums.hamisland.net/name/nm0001999/): This is no bluff.
Julius Benedict (http://forums.hamisland.net/name/nm0000216/): Wait a minute. You forgot the third rule in a crisis situation.
Webster (http://forums.hamisland.net/name/nm0068382/): What third rule?
Vincent Benedict (http://forums.hamisland.net/name/nm0000362/): Third rule?
Julius Benedict (http://forums.hamisland.net/name/nm0000216/): Yeah, third rule.
Vincent Benedict (http://forums.hamisland.net/name/nm0000362/): Oooh! The third rule.
Webster (http://forums.hamisland.net/name/nm0068382/): What's the third rule?
Julius Benedict (http://forums.hamisland.net/name/nm0000216/), Vincent Benedict (http://forums.hamisland.net/name/nm0000362/): Duck!