PDA

View Full Version : Misfit ham link.......

KC2IFR
02-08-2012, 06:02 PM
I want to post a link that was banned on QRZ and the AM window BB...........If I post this.....I hope I wont get banned...........
If its posted........keep an open mind.........

Bill

ki4itv
02-08-2012, 06:20 PM
We're wide open Bill.
It is all up to you man...are you really posting what you think you are?
I'll do anything twice. What about you?

K7SGJ
02-08-2012, 06:25 PM
We're wide open Bill.

Not jump out of an airplane without a chute. That's a one time deal.

ki4itv
02-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Well, I'll be 46 this month, and a seat of the pants kind of guy. Therefore, one must admit that I'm not a complete dolt.

*ooops 47yrs, time flies!

XE1/N5AL
02-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Only if the plane is airborne.

K7SGJ
02-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Details details.

ki4itv
02-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Only if the plane is airborne.

^^^Nice.

WA4TM
02-08-2012, 06:46 PM
I want to post a link that was banned on QRZ and the AM window BB...........If I post this.....I hope I wont get banned...........

Bill

You ain't posted it yet?? :hyper:

KC2UGV
02-08-2012, 07:03 PM
What is this... I don't even...

W2NAP
02-08-2012, 07:06 PM
What is this... I don't even...

im 12 what is this?

K7SGJ
02-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Hello

ki4itv
02-08-2012, 07:11 PM
tacobellAPU

ad4mg
02-08-2012, 07:22 PM

Bill
Welcome, Bill. You won't get banned unless you break the rules, which are posted here:
http://forums.hamisland.net/showthread.php?14918-HamIsland-Forum-Rules

Now, we do frown on folks bringing their personal vendettas here and expecting an arena in which to perpetuate them. The deal here is that everyone arrives with a clean slate. We've done all the extreme amateur radio battles here at one time or another, and they are generally short-lived. You can't even get a no-code/know-code argument started here. This membership here is above such petty disputes.

OTOH, we love original, genuine controversy. And a good, spirited argument is fine, too. You'll know soon enough if anyone is interested in what you'll offer. Just be ready to handle the response, and post away!

K7SGJ
02-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Killjoy

ad4mg
02-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Killjoy

Are you a no-coder or a know-coder? :-D (this will help determine if I should call you a slacker or an elitist) ...

ki4itv
02-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Killjoy

I'd say it was fair warning. Luke is so nice in that way.

K7SGJ
02-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Are you a no-coder or a know-coder? :-D (this will help determine if I should call you a slacker or an elitist) ...

I'm not telling. Neener neener neener. But it's easy to fiqure.............

ad4mg
02-08-2012, 07:54 PM
I'm not telling. Neener neener neener. But it's easy to fiqure.............

I'm way too lazy to look elsewhere. Besides, I'm an extra-heavy, (see recent photo in hamfest forum) elitist snob, heavy on the 'heavy' ... :)

K7SGJ
02-08-2012, 08:18 PM
I have always enjoyed cw.

ab1ga
02-08-2012, 08:33 PM
I have always enjoyed cw.

And for that I wish upon you an eternity of being horribly abused by a pack of wild dogs with venereal disease, you shameless elitist!

:)

ki4itv
02-08-2012, 08:47 PM
And for that I wish upon you an eternity of being horribly abused by a pack of wild dogs with venereal disease, you shameless elitist!

That's about the exact opposite speech I got from my dad...the alternative being eternal damnation at the Thanksgiving table.
My code sux, but I passed, and I get the gravy boat first!

ab1ga
02-08-2012, 08:55 PM
That's about the exact opposite speech I got from my dad...the alternative being eternal damnation at the Thanksgiving table.
My code sux, but I passed, and I get the gravy boat first!

I, too, surmounted the telegraphic obstruction, but I like a good argument about code almost as much as I like the code, so I couldn't resist.

K7SGJ
02-08-2012, 09:34 PM

Hmmmm, sounds like last Friday night.

WØTKX
02-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Oooooo Drama! :snicker:

Welcome to da Island Bill.

We're wide open Bill.

Rumors abound. He carries, with two sidebands. It's the way he swings.

suddenseer
02-09-2012, 06:10 AM
3 pages, and no linky yet? I;m out.

W3WN
02-09-2012, 08:51 AM
Are you a no-coder or a know-coder? :-D (this will help determine if I should call you a slacker or an elitist) ...Ginger.

WØTKX
02-09-2012, 09:28 AM
3 pages, and no linky yet? I;m out.

Standard Drama Llama operative. It's being going on since FIDONET. :omg:

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/3/128754953363571184.jpg

W4GPL
02-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Welcome, Bill. You won't get banned unless you break the rulesLuke, can you add excessive use of periods to the rules, please? ;)................ok?......

K7SGJ
02-09-2012, 09:37 AM
How else would one do a dramatic pause? After all, there is a lot of drama here..............lately..................

WØTKX
02-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Why yes... exessive periods, indeed...
An elipsis is defined by only three!
Extras dots are for Pacman's need...
Let your extra periods go free!

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o9/samuel_jamier/pacman.jpg

KC2UGV
02-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Luke, can you add excessive use of periods to the rules, please? ;)................ok?......

I.................Vote....................Against. ....................That....................rule.. .................ktnx.....................

KB3LAZ
02-09-2012, 11:13 AM

I are no-coder. However...I are know code. I win. =p

kb2crk
02-09-2012, 11:42 AM
I are no-coder. However...I are know code. I win. =p

I is a 5WPM coder........................... Have not used code since the mid 90's................................I am lucky to recognize CQ when I hear it.............................

W2NAP
02-09-2012, 01:06 PM
i recognize cq and sometimes others letters.. and sometimes i can even pull a call sign out.

KC2IFR
02-09-2012, 03:11 PM
OK folks........here it goes.............keep an open mind when viewing this.........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWE7FrVY9T4

WØTKX
02-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Burt couldn't hang with The Island vibe.

What a snooze... Old news.

Whiskey Zero TeeKay XRay for id, not ego.

:neener:

KC2IFR
02-09-2012, 03:24 PM
OK folks......sorry to bother ya but I just found this............there is MORE to the story.........I will explain later............

KC2UGV
02-09-2012, 03:38 PM
OK folks........here it goes.............keep an open mind when viewing this.........

Wow, talk about deflated expectations... That's all? A Burt video? He makes me laugh.

KC2IFR
02-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Check this out..........I found out the hard way what happens if u "buck" the self appointed big guys........
http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?326248-AM-Bandwidth&highlight=bandwith

ki4itv
02-09-2012, 03:48 PM
For the life of me, I can't really figure out why Pat felt compelled to close that thread.
Thanks for reminding me why I don't go there anymore.

N8YX
02-09-2012, 03:52 PM
No excuses on Da 'Bowl. :yes:

N8YX
02-09-2012, 03:53 PM
For the life of me, I can't really figure out why Pat felt compelled to close that thread.
Because he can?

KC2IFR
02-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Well......first of all it was a "hot topic" and some folks got a bit nasty.......but he said it "got off topic"...........whatever...........

KC2UGV
02-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Well......first of all it was a "hot topic" and some folks got a bit nasty.......but he said it "got off topic"...........whatever...........

Well, I'm not bothering to read the whole thread, but I read the first 2 pages, and last two, and that thread (Shockingly) appeared to stay pretty much on topic :-?

KC2IFR
02-09-2012, 04:16 PM
I just changed my avatar..........if the moderators find it offensive.........I will change it..........please let me know.......(but it is funny!)
Bill

NA4BH
02-09-2012, 04:27 PM
I just changed my avatar..........if the moderators find it offensive.........I will change it..........please let me know.......(but it is funny!)
Bill

That's funny, but why is he pointing the gun at his knee? :rofl:

KC2IFR
02-09-2012, 04:30 PM
BTW.......most all BB are privately owned and u have to play the game by THEIR rules......the worst is the AM window BB........the moderators their always have an ax to grind.........but from what I see here........I think I found a home!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill

KC2IFR
02-09-2012, 04:33 PM
That's funny, but why is he pointing the gun at his knee? :rofl:

Great question.........love it...........
Bill

NA4BH
02-09-2012, 04:34 PM
They get mad here if you don't wipe the dog poop off your shoe when you come inside and track it on the carpet.

KC2IFR
02-09-2012, 04:39 PM
They get mad here if you don't wipe the dog poop off your shoe when you come inside and track it on the carpet.

Dog poop????????? U will find that on the AM Window BB......................couldn't resist........
Bill

K7SGJ
02-09-2012, 05:16 PM

Asshole comes to mind.

W2NAP
02-09-2012, 05:17 PM
da bowl' no excuses

N8YX
02-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Well, I'm not bothering to read the whole thread, but I read the first 2 pages, and last two, and that thread (Shockingly) appeared to stay pretty much on topic :-?

That it did, but if someone's opinion happens to differ a bit from the "consensus"...

W3WN
02-09-2012, 11:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWE7FrVY9T4Oh.

That's all?

K7SGJ
02-10-2012, 06:46 AM

It's been said before, often, and ignored. If this self serving, pompous, ignorant, self righteous asshole was completely ignored, he would go away. As long as he has an audience, he will play to it, and continue this asshatery. There is nothing this cretin has to say that I find remotely interesting or worth the time to acknowledge, just like the 20 meter stupid shows. Instead of focusing on what he says and the stupid videos he posts, use that time to read or watch something of value. Not only will you be a happier person, you might learn something you can use in life. Or, take a nap, play with your kids or your dog, go for a walk, or get yourself laid. Even a poke in the eye with a sharp stick is a better use of time.

KC2UGV
02-10-2012, 07:57 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PmqP5zB9kqk/TPVczqVaenI/AAAAAAAABeQ/9ob0iGOxLeQ/s1600/why-so-serious1.jpg

WØTKX
02-10-2012, 10:42 AM
http://youtu.be/TQCcYM6a4Qc

http://youtu.be/TQCcYM6a4Qc

K7SGJ
02-10-2012, 10:47 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PmqP5zB9kqk/TPVczqVaenI/AAAAAAAABeQ/9ob0iGOxLeQ/s1600/why-so-serious1.jpg

It's redundantly old. Redundant redundant redundant

KC2IFR
02-10-2012, 09:42 PM
It's been said before, often, and ignored. If this self serving, pompous, ignorant, self righteous asshole was completely ignored, he would go away. As long as he has an audience, he will play to it, and continue this asshatery. There is nothing this cretin has to say that I find remotely interesting or worth the time to acknowledge, just like the 20 meter stupid shows.

Dont take this as a personal attack........but Burt as well as any of us has a right to his opinion without a personal attack.........this is where I have a problem with some folks. If u dont agree with me or anyone else.......fine.......but dont attack as if your life depended on it..............just my opinion folks.......
Bill

WX7P
02-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Dont take this as a personal attack........but Burt as well as any of us has a right to his opinion without a personal attack.........this is where I have a problem with some folks. If u dont agree with me or anyone else.......fine.......but dont attack as if your life depended on it..............just my opinion folks.......
Bill

Don't take this as a personal attack, but your avatar IS offensive.

It's not even clear what you are trying to say with it, except the obvious...

KC2IFR
02-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Don't take this as a personal attack, but your avatar IS offensive.

It's not even clear what you are trying to say with it, except the obvious...

I dont take your opinion as a personal attack........not in the least.........
The avatar was meant as a funny joke.........nothing meant in any way.........but I do understand what u mean...........
I will probably change it just to avoid problems such as this.......

Bill

WX7P
02-10-2012, 10:22 PM
I dont take your opinion as a personal attack........not in the least.........
The avatar was meant as a funny joke.........nothing meant in any way.........but I do understand what u mean...........
I will probably change it just to avoid problems such as this.......

Bill

Do whatever you want. I don't think the avatar is remotely funny or sends any message except...

Crude for the sake of crude is boring.

Just my opinion.

KC2IFR
02-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Do whatever you want. I don't think the avatar is remotely funny or sends any message except...

Crude for the sake of crude is boring.
Your welcome to your opinion obviously......I have NO problem with that.........
I would like to hear from others on the board........again......I will change it if needed..........BUT.......it was meant to be funny..........

Bill

W2NAP
02-10-2012, 10:32 PM
I personally dont find the avy offensive. but im sure some people will..

to each is own.

KC2IFR
02-10-2012, 10:42 PM
I personally dont find the avy offensive. but im sure some people will..

to each is own.

Exactly..........funny for me might not be funny for u..........

Bill

N8YX
02-10-2012, 10:50 PM
An avatar featuring "Orgasmo" once led to a Zed banning of one of our members. (Hi John!)

KC2IFR
02-10-2012, 11:04 PM
I changed my avatar to avoid any problems............

Bill

KC2IFR
02-10-2012, 11:10 PM
BTW.......my new avatar is a pic of me 40 years ago ...........I now look NOTHING this this picture...........getting old sucks.......

Bill

KC2IFR
02-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Another point........I really appreciate the moderators on the board to let this thread run its course.....much appreciated.........

Bill

KB3LAZ
02-10-2012, 11:17 PM
An avatar featuring "Orgasmo" once led to a Zed banning of one of our members. (Hi John!)

Sigh, I miss the days he posted on a daily basis.

N8YX
02-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Another point........I really appreciate the moderators on the board to let this thread run its course.....much appreciated.........

Bill

It's usually easier to let the waters find their own level here. We find that if people are treated like adults they'll find adult ways to resolve conflict. There are those rare instances but on the whole we have a lot fewer problems with severe misbehavior than do many other sites.

We'll let you folks call each other 'asshole' as long as it's not a protracted or malicious practice. :yes:

KC2UGV
02-10-2012, 11:30 PM
We'll let you folks call each other 'asshole' as long as it's not a protracted or malicious practice. :yes:

We're even allowed to call ourselves 'assholes' here too. I don't think the same restrictions apply, however.

KC2IFR
02-10-2012, 11:31 PM
It's usually easier to let the waters find their own level here. We find that if people are treated like adults they'll find adult ways to resolve conflict. There are those rare instances but on the whole we have a lot fewer problems with severe misbehavior than do many other sites.

Again.......I think this board is the best...........please keep up the good work............
Bill

W3WN
02-10-2012, 11:48 PM
Bill
I will grant you that Burt has a right to an opinion.

He does not have the right, however, to demand that we agree with his opinions yet that he doesn't have to agree with ours.

Frankly (hi Frank!) I don't care for his videos. I don't believe he knows what he's talking about, that he has a very narrow and selfishly-defined view of the hobby and of the Amateur Service. Further, he has been known (on other sites) to viciously attack anyone who disagrees with his narrow view, and that his attacks are quite nasty and quite personal... and are clearly intended to intimidate the other party into bending to his view, or at least shutting up, for daring to call his views into question.

Or to put it simply... I'd call Burt an @$$hole (a@@h0le), but that would be an insult to the other @$$holes out there

Therefore, I simply don't waste any time with him. Which hasn't been hard since got his his butt banned over yonder.

WX7P
02-10-2012, 11:56 PM
We're even allowed to call ourselves 'assholes' here too. I don't think the same restrictions apply, however.

You're an asshole,
Corey

Uh, not really, uh,..

KC2UGV
02-10-2012, 11:59 PM
You're an asshole,
Corey

Uh, not really, uh,..

Same to you Janet :)

http://cdn.thegloss.com/files/2011/02/drink.jpg

K7SGJ
02-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Dont take this as a personal attack........but Burt as well as any of us has a right to his opinion without a personal attack.........this is where I have a problem with some folks. If u don't agree with me or anyone else.......fine.......but don't attack as if your life depended on it..............just my opinion folks.......
Bill

And you are most certainly entitled to it.

What I have a problem with, is people with attitudes and actions like his. I've been a ham a very long time, and it really gives me a case of red ass when someone who is that new to radio thinks he knows all there is to know about it, how every one else should act, and spouts his shit about everything that is wrong with the hobby. And, according to him, there is NOTHING right with ham radio. So much of what he posts is absolutely incorrect, and he is not willing to learn anything from anybody. It's not just Burt that I do not respect, but every other self serving asshole, like him, that runs down the hobby. If he is so down on radio, he should get the fuck out. As I posted before, you, me, and everyone else that continues to respond to, or talk about his bullshit, just perpetuates his antics. And here I've spent more time talking about him than he's worth.

KC2IFR
02-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Boy.........Burt can get under peoples skins!!!!!!!!!
I take his rants with a grain of salt........but I do agree with a few things...............

Bill

N8YX
02-11-2012, 09:01 PM
I take his rants with a grain of salt........but I do agree with a few things...............

Bill
Burt's not the only one who aggravates the collective shit out of the ham radio community with smarmy commentary or self-serving ideology. As others have commented, you have to wonder why people such as him stay involved with the hobby if there's nothing "right" about it.

W3WN
02-12-2012, 11:59 AM

BillWhich only goes to prove the old saw that on rare occasions, even a blind squirrel finds his nuts.

KB3LAZ
02-12-2012, 12:32 PM
There have been times that I have had enjoyable conversations with Burt. Normally conversations that do not involve amateur radio.

WX7P
02-12-2012, 12:41 PM
I think Burt is entitled to say/post whatever he wants.

I also have the right to say I think he's full of shit and an attention whore.

n2ize
02-12-2012, 02:28 PM
I don't know much about this Burt guy but me thinks he takes ham radio a bit too seriously. I find his rants boring. Yeah, he complains about contesters and yeah, sometimes if I want to run AM and the band is filled wall to wall SSB contesters it makes doing what I want to do difficult or impossible. But to me its no big deal, I either hang around ang give some signal reports to a few contesters or, I shut the radio off and turn it back on when the contest is over. What is the point in ranting and raving about it endlessly ? To me it makes no sense.