PDA

View Full Version : It's Another Day at Enrico Fermi High...

W3WN
02-05-2012, 02:21 PM
I mentioned a few days ago in another thread that Little Miss Field Day was performing in Zombie Prom. This is a great little spoof of 50's angst plays & movies (you know, good girls go bad with biker/hood type in leather jacket)

She asked me to post to YouTube the finale; the cast performing Thriller. This is from the last performance, last night.

http://youtu.be/b_wNjHIRVYc (http://youtu.be/b_wNjHIRVYc)
also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_wNjHIRVYc&feature=youtu.be

I don't know why they have two different pointers to this...

Anyway, I did get scolded for the recording I made the other night, which concentrated more on her (what does she expect from her father, anyway?) so this is centered more on the two lead actors. But she manages to sneak in and stay near the center of the action anyway.

And you should have seen the smile on her face when we went out to dinner afterwards. She didn't bother to remove the makeup, and boy, did she get the looks... and enjoyed every minute of it...

W3WN
02-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Oh, there is also her one shining moment... almost missed it, and I did miss her entrance, but I got the important part (just watch the first few seconds)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJhGCBuSTpY&feature=youtu.be

WX7P
02-05-2012, 02:32 PM
very cool. which one is little miss field day?

Ok, I got it now.. ed...

K7SGJ
02-05-2012, 08:11 PM
High School plays are always a hoot. I just hope drama and theater arts don't go the way of so many HS programs these days. These governmental bastids have got to quit holding school programs hostage.

W1GUH
02-05-2012, 08:56 PM
High School plays are always a hoot. I just hope drama and theater arts don't go the way of so many HS programs these days. These governmental bastids have got to quit holding school programs hostage.

Yea, I hear that! But, you know, we can't train our young people to be artists. Far to perceptive of the "web they weave." MUCH better to train them to be zombie automatons. They don't know or question the oppression that's all around us.

And Ron...thanks for the video! It's great.

NQ6U
02-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Yea, I hear that! But, you know, we can't train our young people to be artists.

Your average corporado places no value on art. Ask anyone who ever tried to make it in the business world as a graphic artist of any sort. Every one of them has a story along the lines of "You want how much to design my [logo/business card/annual report/whatever]?? Hell, my niece has an iMac and a copy of Pagemaker, I'll just let her do it!"

kb2vxa
02-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Enrico Fermi aka Nuke 'Em High, Zombie Prom night, then comes graduation to... I can see this coming...

W3WN
02-05-2012, 11:35 PM
High School plays are always a hoot. I just hope drama and theater arts don't go the way of so many HS programs these days. These governmental bastids have got to quit holding school programs hostage.I am not happy with our school district. They pour millions into the football program, and cut back on just about everything else, including the drama and arts programs. Even so, it's not as bad as my sister-in-law's school district; the building is literally disintegrating, they have mold and asbestos issues, problems getting books... but dayum, look at that brand new parking lot and the new turf on the updated football field.

In any case... there are alternatives, but they ain't cheap. This play was put on by the high school - level kids from the Center for Theatre Arts, in Mt. Lebanon PA (right around the corner from us), which is a private institution. The kids come from multiple school districts in the area (and they have programs starting at the kindergarten level).

W3WN
02-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Yea, I hear that! But, you know, we can't train our young people to be artists. Far to perceptive of the "web they weave." MUCH better to train them to be zombie automatons. They don't know or question the oppression that's all around us.

And Ron...thanks for the video! It's great.You're welcome. The play was great, the kids were great, and if you ever get the chance to see it -- see it.