PDA

View Full Version : Good fathers don't let their daughters grow up to be stupid girls

N2CHX
01-30-2012, 06:11 PM
This should be required viewing for all girls over the age of tween.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR4yQFZK9YM

KB3LAZ
01-30-2012, 06:15 PM
No no no. Its "Good fathers own a shotgun". :)

(Which ofc is for when she thinks she is going to start dating.)

K7SGJ
01-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Several years ago I actually did the shotgun thing when my daughter brought her boyfriend over for the first time. Although it did scare the shit out of him, they are still together. He still isn't too sure of me, but I like it like that.

N2CHX
01-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Leave it to guys to take a video about empowering women to stand on their own two feet and not give in to societal stereotypes of what women "should" be like and turn it into women being dependent on a "nice" guy :roll:. Did you even watch the video?

n2ize
01-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Leave it to guys to take a video about empowering women to stand on their own two feet and not give in to societal stereotypes of what women "should" be like and turn it into women being dependent on a "nice" guy :roll:. Did you even watch the video?

I watched it and I understood it. It is about convincing girls to stop falling for the trendy and trivial stereotypes that many young girls think they must be a part of in order to be successful and popular . It is telling girls to use their brains and sensibilities and not to simply "follow the crowd". I have always had great admiration for intelligent women who don't give a crap about "being part of the crowd".

At the same time you have to understand the male psyche. We have our pride and we see ourselves as "the protectors and providers"... the 'warriors" so to speak. I often feel...if I had a daughter she would not leave this house until she was over 50. That's my nature and male instinct to provide and protect from the dangerous world outside. . However, common sense would prevail. I would rather teach my daughter to "be her own self" and to follow her heart and mind, and make her own rational decisions rather than follow the latest stupid trend.

KB3LAZ
01-30-2012, 06:49 PM

Ofc I didnt. Isnt my style to actually know what a post is about before being a smart ass. You know this. :D

N2CHX
01-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Awright, I concede. And you do have a point about the shotguns.

KC2UGV
01-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Can I borrow that toothbrush? *i will be skinny*...

N8YX
01-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Several years ago I actually did the shotgun thing when my daughter brought her boyfriend over for the first time. Although it did scare the shit out of him, they are still together. He still isn't too sure of me, but I like it like that.
I just might bring an AR, FN-FAL or some other semi-auto rifle to that kind of party...maybe a Perazzi or Kreighoff O/U if dad's a brand snob.

And yes, I can outshoot 99% of the fathers and brothers to whom I've been introduced over the years. With their own firearms. :rofl:

Don't scare Junior off just yet. You may gain yourself a decent hunting/shooting buddy.

KG4CGC
01-30-2012, 09:48 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/403621_284207611643692_150665568331231_826314_2030 27192_n.jpg

KC9ECI
01-30-2012, 10:40 PM

I did it with a short barreled Uzi. Kind of wish I had never sold that gun.

KB3LAZ
01-31-2012, 12:20 AM
I have always wanted to reenact the scene from bad boys where the daughters boyfriend shows up and Will Smith's character pretends he just got out of jail. :D Sure to scare off the riff raff.

NA4BH
01-31-2012, 12:27 AM
I have the urge to go bowling.

VE7DCW
01-31-2012, 12:34 AM
I have the urge to go bowling.

They did in "The big Lebowski" !! :rock:

N2CHX
01-31-2012, 01:03 AM
Sure to scare off the riff raff.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UtI_UVArMIk/TYy26A_yO4I/AAAAAAAABLI/1pfSC7sRCxQ/s1600/RHPS-CRH03-RiffRaffTimeWarpL.jpg

n2ize
01-31-2012, 05:05 AM
As men we have to strike deep fear in the hearts of the men our daughters bring home. Guns are a necessary tool in striking this fear. If I were a father every man courting my daughter or seeking her hand would have to face me in a series of duels, one with knives, one with swords, and one with guns. If the man can strike me down then he is worthy of my daughters hand. If he cannot then he is not worthy.

KK4AMI
01-31-2012, 09:26 AM
Awright, I concede. And you do have a point about the shotguns.

I believe that at one time the shotguns were intended to scare of the riff raff so that your daughter would marry a nice boy. My sainted mother use to throw cups of water at two horny male Great Danes that came around the house when our little female Boston Terrier was in heat. Now a days, the intention is just to get the daughter out of the house with minimum expense when the fathers term of responsibility is up (Daughter is 21). No diseases, no grand babies and no deadbeat husbands living with the parents. My mother eventually neutered the Boston Terrier, which might make Dad's Shotgun greeting not seem so bad. Believe me, Dads want independent Daughters that can stand up for themselves!

ab1ga
01-31-2012, 12:44 PM
The use of weapons may be overkill in such circumstances.

At a memorial service for a fraternity brother this weekend, I heard of how he dealt with the first appearance of suitors at the door.

After inviting the young man in, he said, "Show me your driver's license."
Then, in a low voice, he said, "Wait here while I make a copy."

Kyle McKinney was nobody's fool. He was big, strong, and probably had the right kind of friends to help him track down a wayward young man. But he (probably) correctly figured that the biggest risk to his daughter was a kid with a recently issued or suspended license in eastern Massachusetts.

His daughter had a wonderful time on the date, by the way.

KB3LAZ
01-31-2012, 02:53 PM
The use of weapons may be overkill in such circumstances.

At a memorial service for a fraternity brother this weekend, I heard of how he dealt with the first appearance of suitors at the door.

After inviting the young man in, he said, "Show me your driver's license."
Then, in a low voice, he said, "Wait here while I make a copy."

Kyle McKinney was nobody's fool. He was big, strong, and probably had the right kind of friends to help him track down a wayward young man. But he (probably) correctly figured that the biggest risk to his daughter was a kid with a recently issued or suspended license in eastern Massachusetts.

His daughter had a wonderful time on the date, by the way.

Heh, I like that. My bride to be and I both are very slow to trust people. If we have a daughter, poor girl will have such a hard time bringing boys to the house, going out, etc. DL? No, I want a blood and urine sample to take to the local clinic. Add that with a criminal background check and maybe that will equate to a supervised date.

kb2vxa
01-31-2012, 02:57 PM
"My mother eventually neutered the Boston Terrier, which might make Dad's Shotgun greeting not seem so bad."

It all depends on where you aim the shotgun.

ki4itv
01-31-2012, 05:09 PM
As men we have to strike deep fear in the hearts of the men our daughters bring home. Guns are a necessary tool in striking this fear. If I were a father every man courting my daughter or seeking her hand would have to face me in a series of duels, one with knives, one with swords, and one with guns. If the man can strike me down then he is worthy of my daughters hand. If he cannot then he is not worthy.
Damn dude, I just got the Northeast Mississippi "come to Jesus" rural drive with F.inlaw and a few choice uncles. I found it very enlightening

I'll leave you with a choice excerpt:
"If you put her on wheels (in a trailer) boy, I'm coming back to get you!"

kf0rt
01-31-2012, 05:52 PM
Damn dude, I just got the Northeast Mississippi "come to Jesus" rural drive with F.inlaw and a few choice uncles. I found it very enlightening

I'll leave you with a choice excerpt:
"If you put her on wheels (in a trailer) boy, I'm coming back to get you!"

I got the southern Texas version of that. Get 'em talking about the King Ranch, and they forget you're even there. :rofl:

W3WN
01-31-2012, 09:16 PM
Awright, I concede. And you do have a point about the shotguns.I have informed Little Miss Field Day that I am in the market for a shotgun. It is going to be mounted above the fireplace. And I will make sure that her dates (a) view the weapon and (b) know that I know how to use it.

I'll even dig my old Boy Sprout Sharpshooter certificate out of mothballs. I won't bother to mention that it was for rifle shooting.

And I have a standing order with KB3ERQ to find me said shotgun. Really. Of course, it can't be a working one... but the boys don't need to know that, now, do they?

WØTKX
01-31-2012, 10:29 PM
Here in Denver, Shotguns are for the Wee 'lil Willies...http://farm1.staticflickr.com/20/72407966_7869864306_z.jpg

KC9ECI
01-31-2012, 11:00 PM
The oldest child was out front one Sunday evening when she was still in high school. My wife went to the door 3 times and told her it was time to come in for the night. The 4th time the door opened, I told the boy she was with that she may not be smart enough to come in when her mother tells her to, but he better be smart enough to run when I tell him to. I'll give him credit, he moved down that sidewalk without hesitation and at a rather impressive pace.

KB3LAZ
01-31-2012, 11:13 PM
I have informed Little Miss Field Day that I am in the market for a shotgun. It is going to be mounted above the fireplace. And I will make sure that her dates (a) view the weapon and (b) know that I know how to use it.

I'll even dig my old Boy Sprout Sharpshooter certificate out of mothballs. I won't bother to mention that it was for rifle shooting.

And I have a standing order with KB3ERQ to find me said shotgun. Really. Of course, it can't be a working one... but the boys don't need to know that, now, do they?

Um..Why buy a non functional shot gun? Just curious..collection piece?

ka4dpo
01-31-2012, 11:33 PM

That's funny, my youngest had one boyfriend that I'm afraid if I had a shotgun out at the time I would have used it. For the most part my girls were pretty smart and since they are married now I don't need to worry about the old Remington anymore.

n2ize
02-01-2012, 08:30 AM
I have informed Little Miss Field Day that I am in the market for a shotgun. It is going to be mounted above the fireplace. And I will make sure that her dates (a) view the weapon and (b) know that I know how to use it.

What good is a non working shot gun. How are you going to use it when the time comes to shoot ?

W3WN
02-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Um..Why buy a non functional shot gun? Just curious..collection piece?All of you with dirty minds... ok, all of you... can ponder the phrase "shooting blanks" here...

The purpose of the gun is more to suggest potential violence than to actually threaten it [Of course, they won't know that.] for legal reasons.

Besides, I prefer a rifle.

n2ize
02-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Best all round policy is just shoot em first and don't even bother to sort it out later. First few that get shot word will get out and the rest of them good fer nuthin critters will stay way from yer daughters.

W3WN
02-01-2012, 08:35 AM
What good is a non working shot gun. How are you going to use it when the time comes to shoot ?See post above.

If I have to shoot, I do not intend to maim. People who are maimed usually survive, and then they contact lawyers.

W3WN
02-01-2012, 08:35 AM
Best all round policy is just shoot em first and don't even bother to sort it out later. First few that get shot word will get out and the rest of them good fer nuthin critters will stay way from yer daughters.
Daughters? I have another one?

Please! One is QUITE enough!

WX7P
02-01-2012, 08:37 AM
If one has the proper death stare, a shotgun is not needed.

In my daughter's case, she perfected the death stare all by herself, so there were never any issues with bozo boyfriends.

n2ize
02-01-2012, 08:37 AM
See post above.

If I have to shoot, I do not intend to maim. People who are maimed usually survive, and then they contact lawyers.

All the more reason to have that shotgun workin. Lawyers ?? heck, shotgun works on them critters too.

W5GA
02-01-2012, 09:08 AM
My B.I.L. had the best solution I've seen, although this may be a bit hard to do in the more settled parts of the country. He kept a pair of calf balls in a mason jar by the front door, and always pointed them out to the young lads.

WX7P
02-01-2012, 09:19 AM
My B.I.L. had the best solution I've seen, although this may be a bit hard to do in the more settled parts of the country. He kept a pair of calf balls in a mason jar by the front door, and always pointed them out to the young lads.

EEEWWW! That's GROSS, Doug...]]

Effective, I'm sure!

N8YX
02-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Works until you get a lad strong enough or crazy enough to rip 'em off by hand.

N8YX
02-01-2012, 09:48 AM

That works up until you get a wise-ass who invites you to his trap/skeet club for a little friendly competition. Prepare yourself to be embarrassed. :snicker:

W3WN
02-01-2012, 10:18 AM
That works up until you get a wise-ass who invites you to his trap/skeet club for a little friendly competition. Prepare yourself to be embarrassed. :snicker:No problem. I'll have a contest that weekend. There's always something.

WØTKX
02-01-2012, 11:01 AM

In my daughter's case, she perfected the death stare all by herself, so there were never any issues with bozo boyfriends.

Betts has tried the "death stare" with me. Due to growing up with a mother that had a well developed death stare with the optional Spock (or Palin) eyebrow raise, her attempt just makes me bust out laughing. :rofl:

ki4itv
02-01-2012, 11:06 AM
I do the Spock look and my xyl shuts down immediately.
For some reason, her type "A" brain just can't process that one.
Hahahaha!

KB3LAZ
02-01-2012, 12:06 PM
That works up until you get a wise-ass who invites you to his trap/skeet club for a little friendly competition. Prepare yourself to be embarrassed. :snicker:

Nope, at that point he just setup another interview and does not know it. Win win situation. :D

KB3LAZ
02-01-2012, 12:07 PM
All of you with dirty minds... ok, all of you... can ponder the phrase "shooting blanks" here...

The purpose of the gun is more to suggest potential violence than to actually threaten it [Of course, they won't know that.] for legal reasons.

Besides, I prefer a rifle.

Me too but shotguns have their uses.

KG4CGC
02-01-2012, 01:25 PM

You also didn't raise her to rebel against you. A majority of parents treat their children like objects, not humans.

n2ize
02-01-2012, 02:44 PM
I didn't know that shotguns were still that widely popular for these types of situations. Glad to know that their are still plenty of real men in this country.

KC2UGV
02-01-2012, 02:47 PM
I didn't know that shotguns were still that widely popular for these types of situations. Glad to know that their are still plenty of real men in this country.

Yeah! Real men threaten children with firearms...

WX7P
02-01-2012, 02:48 PM
A majority of parents treat their children like objects, not humans.

tru dat. Then they wonder why they have problems with their children later.

Dolts.

N8YX
02-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Every 'real man' I have been around when dating never brought the subject up unless they invited me to participate in a shooting-related sports activity with their family.

The biggest and baddest of the bunch never laid a hand on any of his kids - never had to. This gent would gladly spend all night talking to them when they were faced with a difficult decision or experiencing "growing pains". He was a simpler man in the eyes of many but was one of the savviest individuals I've ever been around.

KB3LAZ
02-01-2012, 04:35 PM

Ofc not. We sink our fangs slowly into their flesh. Letting their body ingest the toxin. During said transfusion one of two outcomes will be achieved. Death or rebirth. At this point you know if they have the ability to become family. From the first moment their fate was sealed be it one way or the other.

As for real men, they dont exist. Humanity is nothing more than a ghost, a shell of its former self and lineage.